Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lambert09

Casadei

6 hours ago, Stadt said:

Signing players isn't easy mate, if it was easy they'd have just done it. We have to negotiate and sign contracts and talk to their clubs and make agreements and fill in the paper work. Other clubs don't just sign players. I'd rather get the right player than just rush. These things take time. There's loads of time left anyway. Maybe Casadei is just a smokescreen. We might have a busy deadline day for once.Besides we don't need all of those players on one window, maybe the extra 4 includes January. Anyway we'll have a whole window in January to add to the team. Maresca will know more by then. There's 15 days left in, what are you panicking for. We might have a busy deadline day for once. Should have done more in January.

Yes deals take time and admin takes a bit of time too. 

But we do have a department on each and it’s their full time jobs. They’re not working full time somewhere else and then opening their post on the dining room table before dinner.

Or are they!???🤔🤔

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 5waller5 said:

Yes deals take time and admin takes a bit of time too. 

But we do have a department on each and it’s their full time jobs. They’re not working full time somewhere else and then opening their post on the dining room table before dinner.

Or are they!???🤔🤔

I was taking the piss, that’s the usual pattern of transfer windows on FT

We should be using the Championship to develop our own players or increase their value rather than get loan players in to help develop them for other clubs. 

One or two is ok, but not too many when we can’t even fit the likes of Thomas and Soumare on the bench while we have Daka and Praet not starting. They are expensive players who definitively would not want to be sitting on the bench or not even in the squad in the Championship!

Make some good financial decisions please. Our squad is good enough to top the Championship and is the envy of many other teams. Yes, some may not like Soumare for example but he is still PL quality. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Tom12345 said:

We should be using the Championship to develop our own players or increase their value rather than get loan players in to help develop them for other clubs. 

One or two is ok, but not too many when we can’t even fit the likes of Thomas and Soumare on the bench while we have Daka and Praet not starting. They are expensive players who definitively would not want to be sitting on the bench or not even in the squad in the Championship!

Make some good financial decisions please. Our squad is good enough to top the Championship and is the envy of many other teams. Yes, some may not like Soumare for example but he is still PL quality. 

Soumare wants to leave I assume, and that will likely happen once CC is over the line.

The same will happen to Daka if we manage to bring in a few forward players.

McAteer and Madivadua have both started games this season, and I'm sure the likes of Braybrooke and Alves will get minutes once they've recovered. Yes, in an ideal world we'd be bringing in numerous youngsters, but we don't have swathes of promising kids at the moment. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, wardyfox86 said:

Soumare wants to leave I assume, and that will likely happen once CC is over the line.

The same will happen to Daka if we manage to bring in a few forward players.

McAteer and Madivadua have both started games this season, and I'm sure the likes of Braybrooke and Alves will get minutes once they've recovered. Yes, in an ideal world we'd be bringing in numerous youngsters, but we don't have swathes of promising kids at the moment. 

Also given the fact Stolcyrk is also heavily involved in the 1st team, that is 3 players from the academy involved with the 1st team and like you say highly likely to be 5 when Braybrooke and Alves return to fitness. That is a decent % of players being promoted and developed, I can only see that increasing as Enzo and his team work with some of the more promising academy prospects. 

• Like 1

Just now, Big_Nige said:

We’ve signed one player on loan so far and I don’t know about you but I’d rather have Callum Doyle in the team than trying to develop Lewis Brunt

If the loan market helps us get promoted then I’m all for it. The calibre of young players we can attract on loan are unattainable on permanent transfers

Burnley’s top scorer and best defender were loanees last season. I’m sure their fanbase aren’t regretting developing other clubs players 

Plus it doesn’t mean they definitely go back. With Doyle, they were said to be open to a permanent move so if we get promoted, I’d say we would be pretty certain to either buy him or at the very least loan him again.

In that sense it’s better loaning from Man City than Chelsea as they move players on whereas Chelsea are so incompetent it’s unreal and will probably keep the likes of Casadei and loaning him out until he’s halfway through his career!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Big_Nige said:

We’ve signed one player on loan so far and I don’t know about you but I’d rather have Callum Doyle in the team than trying to develop Lewis Brunt

If the loan market helps us get promoted then I’m all for it. The calibre of young players we can attract on loan are unattainable on permanent transfers

Burnley’s top scorer and best defender were loanees last season. I’m sure their fanbase aren’t regretting developing other clubs players 

Would it be that much of a surprise if Doyle stayed if we got promoted? He could be waiting years to get into the Man City starting XI (no reflection on him, they're probably the best club team in the world right now) or start every week for us. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Honestly always makes me laugh that people instantly assume it’s the buying club taking their time. There is so many factors to this and by the sound of things it’s been Chelsea (wanting to see him in USA) and Casadei (unsure on wanting to play in championship) that has delayed this.

Cut the club some slack lol 

plus paperwork and other facts can play a roll too, sometimes the dominoes dont always line up straight the way so to speak

Edited by FrankieADZ
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, weller54 said:

Were we ever in for Hamer?... Can't see how we missed out 😂

I don't think we were, but if we miss out on Casadei as looks increasingly likely we could have diverted our energies into landing him a week ago.

He's now gone to a club that'll probably be in the Championship themselves in 12 months whereas Maresca could have sold him a promotion project much closer to home.

Just now, LCFCJohn said:

Plus it doesn’t mean they definitely go back. With Doyle, they were said to be open to a permanent move so if we get promoted, I’d say we would be pretty certain to either buy him or at the very least loan him again.

In that sense it’s better loaning from Man City than Chelsea as they move players on whereas Chelsea are so incompetent it’s unreal and will probably keep the likes of Casadei and loaning him out until he’s halfway through his career!

Exactly, the pathway is completely blocked for some of these guys, When Man City can spend £80m on arguably the most sought after young centre back in world football I can’t imagine Doyle realistically having a future there

• Like 2

Just now, Bilo said:

I don't think we were, but if we miss out on Casadei as looks increasingly likely we could have diverted our energies into landing him a week ago.

He's now gone to a club that'll probably be in the Championship themselves in 12 months whereas Maresca could have sold him a promotion project much closer to home.

people need to look at it, Hamer was always going to go to a newly promoted side it was obvious imo, Coventry wouldnt have sold to a championship side as theyd be losing a a key player and strengthening a rival

only way we got Hamer was if we was still in the premier league

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

people need to look at it, Hamer was always going to go to a newly promoted side it was obvious imo, Coventry wouldnt have sold to a championship side as theyd be losing a a key player and strengthening a rival

only way we got Hamer was if we was still in the premier league

Potentially, but it depends on the player. He wouldn't sign a new contract, had made it clear he wanted to leave and Coventry aren't the kind of club who could afford to do what we ended up doing with Tielemans and Soyuncu and lose a £15m player for gratis in a year.

4 minutes ago, Bilo said:

Potentially, but it depends on the player. He wouldn't sign a new contract, had made it clear he wanted to leave and Coventry aren't the kind of club who could afford to do what we ended up doing with Tielemans and Soyuncu and lose a £15m player for gratis in a year.

We weren't getting Hamer and especially with premier league interest, clear lack of judgement on your part. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Tom12345 said:

We should have full focus on getting out of the championship, anything which distracts from that or adds risk should be discarded. 

If we need to loan players who will never sign for us permanently then so be it. 

If we need to have players in the last year of there contract...fine (as long as they are committed)

Forget developing our youngest or using the championship for anything. 

We want the premiership 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Bilo said:

No chance we were going to splash 15m on one player with 2 or 3 leave to raise funds....

7 hours ago, Tom12345 said:

Most of our academy stinks of ass. Most teams finished bottom of their respective leagues. The two half decent ones are injured. So, I’d much rather we loan quality players to help us ease the league. I’m not bothered how we get up or who plays for us, I just want out of this rancid league.

• Like 2