Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lambert09

Casadei

8 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Most of our academy stinks of ass. Most teams finished bottom of their respective leagues. The two half decent ones are injured. So, I’d much rather we loan quality players to help us ease the league. I’m not bothered how we get up or who plays for us, I just want out of this rancid league.

I hope that Maresca gives the academy a good kick up the arse so we are producing players of the right quality, because it just isn't happening quickly enough.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wardyfox86 said:

Soumare wants to leave I assume, and that will likely happen once CC is over the line.

The same will happen to Daka if we manage to bring in a few forward players.

McAteer and Madivadua have both started games this season, and I'm sure the likes of Braybrooke and Alves will get minutes once they've recovered. Yes, in an ideal world we'd be bringing in numerous youngsters, but we don't have swathes of promising kids at the moment. 

Indeed, as our lucky to get out of jail free card in terms of our u21s relegation showed last season.

At the moment, my opinion only of course, from what I've seen in  the last couple of years, Alves, Braybrooke and Wormleighton are the only ones who I've felt may be good enough in the future, from our u21s. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Bilo said:

Potentially, but it depends on the player. He wouldn't sign a new contract, had made it clear he wanted to leave and Coventry aren't the kind of club who could afford to do what we ended up doing with Tielemans and Soyuncu and lose a £15m player for gratis in a year.

and the club themselves, face the facts a number of newly promoted side had shown an interest in him even before Enzo's comments and we hadnt even properly been linked to him either(could be wrong)

20 minutes ago, Lesta Legend said:

We weren't getting Hamer and especially with premier league interest, clear lack of judgement on your part. 

spot on, only way we had a chance of getting him was if we was still in the premier league, same deal as Alex Scott, no real chance we get top championship talent given we are in the same league and its now the middle of August, if we was in for them in july sure, but this late, nope

7 hours ago, Tom12345 said:

We should be using the Championship to develop our own players or increase their value rather than get loan players in to help develop them for other clubs. 

One or two is ok, but not too many when we can’t even fit the likes of Thomas and Soumare on the bench while we have Daka and Praet not starting. They are expensive players who definitively would not want to be sitting on the bench or not even in the squad in the Championship!

Make some good financial decisions please. Our squad is good enough to top the Championship and is the envy of many other teams. Yes, some may not like Soumare for example but he is still PL quality. 

Well we have given starts to Macteer, Stolarczyk and Marçal-Madivadua in the first two games of thr season so we are developing our own.

Last season across all 3 competitions we gave 228 first team minutes to academy graduates.

This season in 2 games we have already give more minutes to academy graduates 284. 

So a little early to be calling the club out on this.

Plus our best two prospects Alves and Braybrooke have long term injuries, they would have feature if fit.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Itsthejoeker said:

You've spoken to the club/Casadei to get this info I take it>

To be fair to him

he says ‘he assumes’ 

and we had word from within the club yesterday evening that it’s not yet quite done 

there is no reason to think that it won’t get across the line but as we’ve seen in the past, until the announcement is made you can take anything as gospel ..

10 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

He will. 

Without getting carried away, Enzo already has that Man City way about him. 

No bullshit, no second guessing from his interviews, he’s very clear and fairly open. He will want the club to be ran properly from top to bottom. There’s a completely different energy about Enzo compared to Brendan, there’s more purpose and more obvious direction. Watching the Burnley documentary, Kompany is exactly the same, there’s a clear vision and clear ideas. It’s obviously something that gets drilled into you at Man City. There’s a bit of Pearson about him, with a touch of class. 

Different energy, that’s exactly how I’m feeling. A breath of fresh air and you just know he’s living and breathing every aspect of it. Never got that feeling with Rogers, especially in the last two years, he’d checked out. 

That Burnley documentary was decent I thought. Kompany came across really well, especially cutting through all the bullshit in the boardroom, even if some of his team talks had me cringing a bit 

20 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Well we have given starts to Macteer, Stolarczyk and Marçal-Madivadua in the first two games of thr season so we are developing our own.

Last season across all 3 competitions we gave 228 first team minutes to academy graduates.

This season in 2 games we have already give more minutes to academy graduates 284. 

So a little early to be calling the club out on this.

Plus our best two prospects Alves and Braybrooke have long term injuries, they would have feature if fit.

Who are you including in this? Technically Barnes, KDH, Thomas and Iverson are in this which would put our minutes given to academy graduate massively high.

I presume though you are referring purely to kids getting their first minutes?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wardyfox86 said:

Soumare wants to leave I assume, and that will likely happen once CC is over the line.

The same will happen to Daka if we manage to bring in a few forward players.

McAteer and Madivadua have both started games this season, and I'm sure the likes of Braybrooke and Alves will get minutes once they've recovered. Yes, in an ideal world we'd be bringing in numerous youngsters, but we don't have swathes of promising kids at the moment. 

Also this will only be our 2nd loan it's not like we have a squad full of loans

57 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

Who are you including in this? Technically Barnes, KDH, Thomas and Iverson are in this which would put our minutes given to academy graduate massively high.

I presume though you are referring purely to kids getting their first minutes?

The focus was on manager developing youth player this season, Barnes, KDH, Thomas all had 1 or more season in the first team.

You could Include Iversen but he's had 2 seasons in the Championship.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

He will. 

Without getting carried away, Enzo already has that Man City way about him. 

No bullshit, no second guessing from his interviews, he’s very clear and fairly open. He will want the club to be ran properly from top to bottom. There’s a completely different energy about Enzo compared to Brendan, there’s more purpose and more obvious direction. Watching the Burnley documentary, Kompany is exactly the same, there’s a clear vision and clear ideas. It’s obviously something that gets drilled into you at Man City. There’s a bit of Pearson about him, with a touch of class. 

...just as a bigger exercise, will be watching the U21s playing on Monday!!!

Will Maresca be there to run the rule over players or to see if the club has moved to play his style of football. 

Wormleighton will be an interesting one, if we move to Marescaball as I can see that Maresca will take very much to him. He used to play as a winger but was moved to fullback, but has an awareness about him when going forward.

Man.City plays the same way throughout their club including their ladies team, it would be good to see us adopt this style throughout.

3 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...just as a bigger exercise, will be watching the U21s playing on Monday!!!

Will Maresca be there to run the rule over players or to see if the club has moved to play his style of football. 

Wormleighton will be an interesting one, if we move to Marescaball as I can see that Maresca will take very much to him. He used to play as a winger but was moved to fullback, but has an awareness about him when going forward.

Man.City plays the same way throughout their club including their ladies team, it would be good to see us adopt this style throughout.

Exactly. 

He has already embraced it, he has thrown McAteer in and Wanya. And like you say the more he sees of the academy the more he hill be able to put an imprint on of his style. Completely different to Brendan, who claimed he nothing in the academy to use. We could have probably used McAteer last season…. But of pace and direction. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bilo said:

I hope that Maresca gives the academy a good kick up the arse so we are producing players of the right quality, because it just isn't happening quickly enough.

Eh… we’ve produced a fair amount in recent years. We had a team in the premier with Thomas, KDH and Barnes in it.

We have a few promising young players currently long term injured who were likely to be the next ones. 

Not sure what people expect. 

• Like 2