Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lambert09

Casadei

2 minutes ago, Sambiasso said:

Outgoings are a massive frustration.

I've said for a long time we won't have much movement until last 7-10 days of the window. 

Other than Castagne I doubt we will get decent fees for the others, lots of loans.

Again thanks for the info.  I’d imagine Daka must be on the move too and also

we should be able to attain some sort of fee?

6 minutes ago, Sambiasso said:

I've said for a long time we won't have much movement until last 7-10 days of the window. 

Other than Castagne I doubt we will get decent fees for the others, lots of loans.

If only other teams rated some of our players as much as some of the fans on here lol

It’s almost like a lot of our players are now playing at their correct level…

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Sambiasso said:

I don’t disagree- it’s been the problem for last however many windows because we have recruited terribly and nobody wants them on big wages or for decent fees - however that’s a known and the club should be treating that separately from what we need to be successful in this division this season - the wages of the guys coming in will be so much less than the 7 or 8 he wants gone - which are now obvious btw - we should be getting the 4 or 5 in he wants now - actually weeks ago- then concentrating on last few weeks of the window doing best we can to shift the unwanted - right now it’s a weird one in one out mix up that’s just causing us even more problems on the pitch not having as good a side as we could and should have in this division- we need 4 more starters in that 11 to win this division- it seems he knows exactly who he wants and probably back ups as well - I don’t buy that we couldnt get those done and in parallel have another bunch of people working on the outgoings - that would be my minimum expectations of an elite football clubs recruitment department - continues to baffle me why we can’t seem to be able to do it 

Edited by jv1
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, Sambiasso said:

Not sure why kids are getting knickers in a twist, we never announce on match days. 

In my post at the start of the week I was told a Sunday announcement.

If nothings announced by 9pm tomorrow then feel free to have a melt down.

For those of you incapable of patience or unable to fill your life with anything other than constantly spamming the refresh button on foxestalk 

SmartSelect_20230813_100647_Chrome.jpg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

It really is bizarre. It's been agreed in principle for weeks, fully agreed since last Tuesday and he was at the training ground middle of last week according to Owynn. Medical supposedly occurred on Friday too.

The time it seems to take us, to ratify signings in and out makes the prospect of still 10+ deals in less than 3 weeks impossible.

Loans are always going to be done at the pace of the club loaning out, I'm sure this deal is lower on Chelsea to do list.

Issue is we have to be relying on loans, I've ran the numbers we some educated guesses on our finances and I think we are in and around break even point.

With FFP in the championship at -15m, I don't see spending anymore in actual fees unless we see some movement out.

• Like 1

Why is everyone presuming that it's Chelsea holding the deal up.

Has it not occurred to anyone it could be our side waiting for another outgoing before the powers that be give the go ahead for another incoming? 

Yes I know the deal is not for huge numbers but maybe just maybe we are acting responsibly with our finances moving  forward. 

Edited by Foreverfox
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sambiasso said:

Not sure why kids are getting knickers in a twist, we never announce on match days. 

In my post at the start of the week I was told a Sunday announcement.

If nothings announced by 9pm tomorrow then feel free to have a melt down.

While I do love a good meltdown is it still authentic if it's sanctioned?

Would prefer an answer before 9pm tomorrow please.

1 hour ago, James_lcfc said:

If only other teams rated some of our players as much as some of the fans on here lol

Most of them get called utter cack on here , advising them to clear off. Then when nobody is interested affect surprise. If and when they do leave for peanuts or nothing ,those same people want to know the reason why .Bizarre! Even Barnes and Maddison were often hammered on here. Some people think Leicester City should be a team of faultless superstars. Our players are all flawed but utter cack they are not.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

A) A house paid for by the club

B) a flat paid for etc 

C) being allowed to travel back and forth to his current abode 

d) a nice local hotel  ( he doesn’t know leicester) 

Spending all that money on the training ground (including hotel) and player doesn’t want to temporarily stay there… things you love to hear 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, alanf0x said:

Spending all that money on the training ground (including hotel) and player doesn’t want to temporarily stay there… things you love to hear 

I’m sure he’d spend a couple days there but if sunil’s info is correct he doesn’t want to be there indefinitely 

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

It really is bizarre. It's been agreed in principle for weeks, fully agreed since last Tuesday and he was at the training ground middle of last week according to Owynn. Medical supposedly occurred on Friday too.

The time it seems to take us, to ratify signings in and out makes the prospect of still 10+ deals in less than 3 weeks impossible.

Unless of course many of them have been agreed in principle for weeks!

1 hour ago, James_lcfc said:

It's more the obscene wages they're on which puts other teams off.

11 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Alternative accommodation in a flat or house for a year. Generally players would stay at Seagrave until that happens which is usually quick to sort out. 

Thanks. Seems a strange thing to be hung up on. He’s here temporarily to get games for the club

2 hours ago, Sambiasso said:

I don’t think the issue is the quality of the players, I think they are all talented players however I do think the wages we have had to offer to entice them to Leicester is now creating a problem, as we are also looking to recoup a decent fee. I think we are going to have to be sensible and perhaps lower our demands to help shift some of these players out, easy for me to say as I am not the one who is having to balance the FFP conundrum, but I think we will end up finding some middle ground to able move players on. 

1 minute ago, KFS said:

Thanks. Seems a strange thing to be hung up on. He’s here temporarily to get games for the club

It's only strange to you but that really isn't important to the player. 

For instance, he may have his family in the UK with him and perhaps he'd rather have them near. Any number of personal reasons that we'll never be aware so moot point for us.  I'm sure the club will go out of their way to accommodate a player to make him feel comfortable during his time here. 

If this is done it'll get announced in due course.