Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lambert09

Casadei

16 minutes ago, FosseSpark said:

At this stage i couldnt give a monkeys. Clearly Chelsea or player have  been holding out for some reason. He signs or he doesnt and we carry on with Praet, Ndidi, Choudhury in rotation.

To be honest , there is absolutely no evidence he is better than those three anyway. Never judge a player on international football , his performances for Reading were moderate. He is another body in midfield , which we do need but no game changer.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

To be honest , there is absolutely no evidence he is better than those three anyway. Never judge a player on international football , his performances for Reading were moderate. He is another body in midfield , which we do need but no game changer.

He is the messiah!!.. 

and I should know.. I've followed a few! 

• Haha 1

It is rare that a player makes a massive immediate impact.   We have seen it:  two immediate examples that spring to mind are Kante and Huth.  However, seeing the effect of a player normally takes time.   An obvious positive example is Vardy.  A negative example is Ward.

By all accounts, Casadei has potential. Tete was the same but it didn't work out.  @Ric Flair who shares many considered views thought he was the Messiah:  for us, he was nothing like Messi.  If he comes, he's only here for less than a season.

The annoying thing about this saga is how.it is drawn out.   It is becoming boring.  If he signs, I hope he's brilliant but I just hope he either signs or goes elsewhere very soon.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, majaco said:

It is rare that a player makes a massive immediate impact.   We have seen it:  two immediate examples that spring to mind are Kante and Huth.  However, seeing the effect of a player normally takes time.   An obvious positive example is Vardy.  A negative example is Ward.

By all accounts, Casadei has potential. Tete was the same but it didn't work out.  @Ric Flair who shares many considered views thought he was the Messiah:  for us, he was nothing like Messi.  If he comes, he's only here for less than a season.

The annoying thing about this saga is how.it is drawn out.   It is becoming boring.  If he signs, I hope he's brilliant but I just hope he either signs or goes elsewhere very soon.

That's the issue now - there is so much expectation that he will be that missing cog in the advanced 8 role on the right, that if he gets off to a slow start, how long will people give him. I'm not too bothered about players on loan for the season if they help us achieve our goal. They may want to stay, like Tielemans did after his loan spell, if not, we would be in a stronger position to recruit an adequate replacement being in the Premier League.

2 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

That's the issue now - there is so much expectation that he will be that missing cog in the advanced 8 role on the right, that if he gets off to a slow start, how long will people give him. I'm not too bothered about players on loan for the season if they help us achieve our goal. They may want to stay, like Tielemans did after his loan spell, if not, we would be in a stronger position to recruit an adequate replacement being in the Premier League.

If he was an unbelievable player then Chelsea would have him in their match day squad.

however, we don’t need an ‘unbelievable’ player in the championship and Chelsea need him to develop further so he can be in their match day squad next season.  Anyone expecting Steven gerrard or Frank lampard to turn up is going to be disappointed. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, majaco said:

Cambiasso hit the ground running, but you’re looking at a seasoned pro there. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

There is only expectation on those that spend ages in the transfer section of the forum. Most of us will be aware of the interest then take a look at him when he signs. Not pre judging him by transfer speculation.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

If he was an unbelievable player then Chelsea would have him in their match day squad.

however, we don’t need an ‘unbelievable’ player in the championship and Chelsea need him to develop further so he can be in their match day squad next season.  Anyone expecting Steven gerrard or Frank lampard to turn up is going to be disappointed. 

I'm not sure I stated he'd be an unbelievable player, more that he'd be the missing cog in our current system. However, if his effectiveness is no better than say Praet's, which I hope it will be, then I can see some will show discontent on here.

Edited by MGLCFC

i'm more looking forward to Castagne (mardy arse) and Soumare (fat arse) being off the books this week. That and Daka should hopefully give us the money and confidence to lay down money on the 4 players we want and need rather than ****ing about bowing and scraping to Chelsea for someone who likely doesn't want to play here.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

There should be absolutely no correlation between fans acting impatiently like kids at Christmas for the signing and expectancy levels.

Very sadly you are 100% correct "is he here yet? " be soon replaced with "gonna p1ss the league with him in" 🤣

• Like 1