Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lambert09

Casadei

1 hour ago, Product of 84 said:

Could it be that this transfer is some how linked to Moises Caicedo. I'd imagine that one, seeing the money involved, has took some getting over the line. 

Perhaps Chelsea would only sanction the loan to us once they get Caicedo in?

id imagine they’d need to get rid of more than just a youth product if they are going to balance the books after spending a British record fee on a player..

2 hours ago, majaco said:

It is rare that a player makes a massive immediate impact.   We have seen it:  two immediate examples that spring to mind are Kante and Huth.  However, seeing the effect of a player normally takes time.   An obvious positive example is Vardy.  A negative example is Ward.

By all accounts, Casadei has potential. Tete was the same but it didn't work out.  @Ric Flair who shares many considered views thought he was the Messiah:  for us, he was nothing like Messi.  If he comes, he's only here for less than a season.

The annoying thing about this saga is how.it is drawn out.   It is becoming boring.  If he signs, I hope he's brilliant but I just hope he either signs or goes elsewhere very soon.

...if it is a case of losing out on him now, Oscar Bobb, has got to be the option!!!

He seems on the pitch to be the right temperament, is very much a team player and has the awareness and vision to pick up the runs by Mavididi, Praet or the forwards. He would be technically better than what we have at the moment and would be a better fit.

I think we are a really good option for someone playing that position (If they're decent of course).

I think they'll get lots of opportunities for G/A in a team that (should) be challenging for promotion.

It's a proper opportunity for someone to really enhance their reputation, despite it being in the Championship. Sounds a bit biased, but I think it's true based on what I've seen in the opening games.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, lcfc_forever said:

Here’s the quote but don’t care - have little reason to believe currently that this won’t get announced soon so not particularly bothered it’s not been announced yet - enjoy your weekend! 

“If nothings announced by 9pm tomorrow then feel free to have a melt down.” 

Yes - but i suspect it is laced with irony.  You read that as: if it doesn't happen it means something is wrong; i read it as: if it doesn't help FT posters will read loads into it and have a melt down (as they did when it looked like he was going genoa a few days ago).

:thumbup:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, steveherbe said:

A bit late to this one, but if I've read it right, Chelsea signed Caicedo for £115M and immediately loaned him to us for the season? What a result, brilliant!

If Jon Rudkin was filling in the paper work their end, there'd be half a chance :D

20 minutes ago, steveherbe said:

A bit late to this one, but if I've read it right, Chelsea signed Caicedo for £115M and immediately loaned him to us for the season? What a result, brilliant!

It fell through as Caicedo’s agent objected to us putting him up overnight in a sleeping bag under a bus-shelter in Coalville. 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, DerbyshireFox said:

Can everyone just take a deep breath and relax and be patient!!! Too much to expect from this place I know!

IMG_7866.jpeg

Chelsea have a habit of doing this

I think it was when they were signing Enzo Fernandez in January, they focused on that deal so much that deals for loans for a couple of players, ones not even related in terms of position etc., basically just got ignored/pushed aside until that big deal was done

Good to see it isn’t us that is dragging the deal out as well

Edited by moore_94