Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NewEnglandFox

Stoppage Time

19 hours ago, davieG said:

8pm KO are already a no no for me getting the bus it’s either 9.45 or 11.50.

Besides why don’t they do it properly and have match clock that we can all see, what are scared of showing?

Because the ref is the lone time keeper

2 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Because the ref is the lone time keeper

Well he hasn't done a good job so far. Not convinced he can do it accurately and ref the match especially in the heat of a specific event .

He can still be the time keeper though but his time keeping watch, assuming that's what he has could be linked to a large timer that all the fans can see.

There's really no excuse for not having a visible clock it's done in many sports.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, davieG said:

Well he hasn't done a good job so far. Not convinced he can do it accurately and ref the match especially in the heat of a specific event .

He can still be the time keeper though but his time keeping watch, assuming that's what he has could be linked to a large timer that all the fans can see.

There's really no excuse for not having a visible clock it's done in many sports.

I'm not disagreeing with you. Just saying that he is. 

• Like 1

They already do this in Rugby by stopping the clock with certain game (time wasting) situations.  Rugby fans are completely used to a full game in play and it finishing well past the normal time on occasions.

Also they explain the refs decisions on the scoreboard so everyone understands what's going on + the clock.

I'm not promoting Rugby with this comment, just saying what's different.

• Like 1

On 05/08/2023 at 06:21, davieG said:

8pm KO are already a no no for me getting the bus it’s either 9.45 or 11.50.

Besides why don’t they do it properly and have match clock that we can all see, what are scared of showing?

One of the best things about Perth is the public transport is included in tickets to major sporting events at Optus stadium.  Free buses to and from the main suburbs on game days.  I will never understand why the UK is so bad at providing transport for events.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

One of the best things about Perth is the public transport is included in tickets to major sporting events at Optus stadium.  Free buses to and from the main suburbs on game days.  I will never understand why the UK is so bad at providing transport for events.

It was like that in Germany for a game I went to in Hamburg years ago. Trains, buses etc. Was great 

On 04/08/2023 at 23:20, Super_horns said:

I guess they will hope the time wasting stops and less time has to be added on event like in the World Cup but there didn’t seem to be much in that game  as Southampton were so dominate generally 

And you will get teams , managers etc saying why wasn’t there more in their game compared to another .

I mean what is going to decide if there is 8 or 10 minutes as an example ?

The trouble will be when someone scores a vital goal in the 101st minute .

The other team will go mad

I won’t…

101st minute,is the total time  out on the field…

The +extra time is the time wasted by players, mucking around  + substitutions..

I remember well the Terrasses from 60s-2000s getting angrier & angrier over the time wasters..now FIFA & EUEFA are taking for once a hard & tough stand…Its marketed has a 90minute game..play it without deliberately waffling to ref,kicking the ball away etc..Break a leg in 98 or 107 minutes tough..

• Like 1

13 hours ago, davieG said:

Just to add if there was a visible clock fans would be able to see going up to full time how much added there is going to be currently you don't know it could be any time from 1min to 10, 11, 12 that can have a massive effect on people travelling with buses, trains, meeting people for lifts then there's the need to go to the toilet. 

Then could then run the clock down in reverse, currently you still have to guess how much added time is still to be played yet for televised games it's there on the screen.

It shows absolutely no consideration to the paying fan.

27 minutes ago, davieG said:

Just to add if there was a visible clock fans would be able to see going up to full time how much added there is going to be currently you don't know it could be any time from 1min to 10, 11, 12 that can have a massive effect on people travelling with buses, trains, meeting people for lifts then there's the need to go to the toilet. 

Then could then run the clock down in reverse, currently you still have to guess how much added time is still to be played yet for televised games it's there on the screen.

Think I heard yesterday that the added time will now be shown on clocks in all grounds.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, davieG said:

Most teams have a clock on the score board don’t they ?

I guess you mean one that can be stopped ?

Now they do show the injury time period too as part of the new guidelines.

27 minutes ago, leicesterseddon said:

Personally I think adding on more time isn’t clamping down on time wasting, it’s indulging it.

Would be better IMO if referees used their existing powers to book players for doing it.

For me the worst time wasting is feigning injury, and it's difficult to prove when it's entirely fake. I can't see a system where if a player is up and sprinting 30 seconds after being on the turf for 2 minutes, the referee then goes back and books them.

48 minutes ago, Silva Fox said:

Think I heard yesterday that the added time will now be shown on clocks in all grounds.

They show it now on a board I'm talking about as the game goes on and then as the extra time is played out.

Telling you at the end of a game doesn't show it going up as it happens so you know before the game is finished how much is likely to be added.

4 minutes ago, davieG said:

They show it now on a board I'm talking about as the game goes on and then as the extra time is played out.

Telling you at the end of a game doesn't show it going up as it happens so you know before the game is finished how much is likely to be added.

Well at least we'll be able to see how much of the added time has been played (apparently) i.e. the timer will continue past 45 and 90 mins

• Like 1

Just now, Silva Fox said:

Well at least we'll be able to see how much of the added time has been played (apparently) i.e. the timer will continue past 45 and 90 mins

A step in the right direction but still very amateurish.

1 hour ago, leicesterseddon said:

Personally I think adding on more time isn’t clamping down on time wasting, it’s indulging it.

Would be better IMO if referees used their existing powers to book players for doing it.

They do that also..or don’t you watch players being booked for time wasting,or do you turn away conveniently to have a bite in your stale Sausage roll..

The discussion should be…every countries FA should be strictly marshalling it.. Both players and refs and the individual Profi leagues shoul be found..just on the corrupt basis alone should be find for blatantly ignoring passed down & agreed rules.

Get rid of Refs-discretion for one…!! 
Individual FAs..after 12 seasonal discretions should lose an European placing..!!
Individual club.. 5 discretions deduct 2 points.Manager 2 games away from team..

The Spanish Inquisition have had no work since Monty-python..They could be the off-field umpires..plus taking over the VAR technical area,forcing the rule..Max 2 minutes to make descision..

So bloody simple the scruffy git who introduced Monty-python every week,should be the only single arbitrator…backed by just one honourary large rabbit,and that very gutsy black night could face the media..once a Month..

5 hours ago, Royston. said:

I'm all for this but it still gives you a chance to time waste.

If a team is under a lot of pressure then going down "injured" to break the momentum and give everyone a breather and still get the extra 5/6 minutes added on later.

If you go down injured and require treatment then you have to stay off the pitch for 30 seconds 

17 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I know they're adding more time on as standard now, but 9 minutes in 2nd half!? 

Coventry kept the ball out of play for a considerable amount of time when they went 1-0 up, I didn’t think 9 was far off at all.

• Like 2