Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NewEnglandFox

Stoppage Time

1 hour ago, iancognito said:

1 min in the first half and 9 in the 2nd was a bit odd. 3 of their subs came on together and there was barely a minute from goals to restarts. A seven goal thriller with 5 subs each will be finishing after 5 o'clock

They took an absolute age over their corners and there was at least a two minute delay after Cov scored. 

1 thing I will say is that the team time wasting today were Cov and with how the time on is calculated they were given an extra 9 minutes to try and find an equaliser. It’s a bit cake and eat it for my mind, really if 1 team has been time wasting and end up in a losing position they’ve only got themselves to blame. 

The 9 minutes was obviously torture today but there will be games were we will welcome it if we are chasing. 

I'm in favour of the added time. I liked it at the world cup and I like it now. Will no doubt be the odd "sore ones to take" because of it but there will be a few sweet ones too. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sdb said:

I love this new rule, but 9 mins was bizarre. Surely we'll be seeing 15-20 mins at times if today was 9 mins. I barely recall a stoppage other than the goals and subs, which should be, what, 6 max?

Yeah agree. I felt 9 was a bit too much. Don’t recall a physio coming on the whole game either. Cov were slow at everything once they got the lead mind. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Bert said:

Yeah agree. I felt 9 was a bit too much. Don’t recall a physio coming on the whole game either. Cov were slow at everything once they got the lead mind. 

Think he made up for the 1st half to be honest when I couldn’t believe it was only 1 minute. Riccy P took about a minute each on 3 throw ins 

Edited by Simmo86

1 hour ago, GingerrrFox said:

1 thing I will say is that the team time wasting today were Cov and with how the time on is calculated they were given an extra 9 minutes to try and find an equaliser. It’s a bit cake and eat it for my mind, really if 1 team has been time wasting and end up in a losing position they’ve only got themselves to blame. 

Exactly. 

If 1 team is close behind (1-0, 2-1) they can kill the flow of the game and know they'll be gaining 5 minutes of time at the death to grab am equaliser. Makes more sense to just stop the clock. 

2 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

They seem to be giving even more extra time within the additional 9minutes or what ever it is, surely you get the 9minutes and thats it.

Not if there's a stoppage or time wasting within the 9 minutes... 

• Like 1

Guest Kopfkino

I still feel like stopping the clock is better - where the 9 minutes comes from is so opaque and I can’t work out where they got 9 minutes from today. If that was 9 mins, as someone says we’re going to be playing 15+ mins if there’s an injury

2 hours ago, iancognito said:

1 min in the first half and 9 in the 2nd was a bit odd. 3 of their subs came on together and there was barely a minute from goals to restarts. A seven goal thriller with 5 subs each will be finishing after 5 o'clock

They took forever to restart after their goal 

If they're not going to stop the clock for everything then it seems a little pointless. 1 minute in the 1st half and 9 minutes in the 2nd half makes a bit of a mockery of it. I understand more subs and goals etc but no way 3 stoppages for subs and 3 for goal celebrations means 9x the amount of time added on. Just something else we'll have to get used to I suppose and I'm all for it, if used properly

Just now, RowlattsFox said:

Just need to stop the clock at goals, subs and injuries. Then everyone knows where they stand. 

Slow throw ins, goal kicks, sit downs etc from the teams ahead had become a real problem. It may seem excessive but something had to be done