Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NewEnglandFox

Stoppage Time

1 minute ago, Mark said:

Slow throw ins, goal kicks, sit downs etc from the teams ahead had become a real problem. It may seem excessive but something had to be done

For sure but it’s only half a solution 

15 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Maybe someone can watch a replay of the second half and actually time the length between the goals being scored and the restarts plus the time taken for each sub break 

I suspect it wouldn't be far off the 9 minutes either way,  to be honest.

Ultimately, clubs, some more than others, yes Notts Forest, they are one of them, you know the team that has a goalkeeper that got cramp towards the end of their play off semi and final, just wasting time.  Players going down feigning injury, for 2 minutes, knowing full well the ref would probably only add 30 seconds on. Goalkeepers taking an age to take a goalkick, players going to take a throw in, then leaving it for one or their mates to take it instead, and wasting more time that wouldn't be added on.

In recent seasons it has all got out of hand, and clubs were taking the piss, and I for one was sick of it, it was cheating.

So I'm pleased that they are now finally adding on what they should.

Hopefully, eventually clubs will get the message, and will know all the time wasting is pointless, and the added time will start to shorten.

It may take a while though.

• Like 4

It’s funny how fans and media a like were kicking up a fuss about time wasting and the amount of played last season. Now something is being done about it and people aren’t actually sure if they like it and it’s slightly controversial, the media line is that it’s something that the PGMOL and EFL were concerned about.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, GingerrrFox said:

1 thing I will say is that the team time wasting today were Cov and with how the time on is calculated they were given an extra 9 minutes to try and find an equaliser. It’s a bit cake and eat it for my mind, really if 1 team has been time wasting and end up in a losing position they’ve only got themselves to blame. 

But they were only chasing an equaliser because we had gone ahead? Had KDH missed his 2nd goal, we’d be saying both teams had 9 mins to find a winner? 

1 hour ago, Jonezy said:

9 minutes felt like way too much, but we had 3 goals and 4 sub breaks, so it probably adds up. 

It felt like way too much because we were a goal in front.

Bet for the Coventry fans that was brilliant to see on the board.

The knife will cut both ways this year and that's the fairness.

• Like 3

I find it stupid.

Coventry spend most of the game time wasting, but 9 mins is added at the end, when they're losing, which allows them to have more time to score.

It will be a common theme this season, most teams are going to come and time waste against us. Perhaps aside from the likes of Southampton.

Edited by Fox92

Just now, Fox92 said:

I find it stupid.

Coventry spend most of the game time wasting, but 9 mins is added at the end, when they're losing, which allows them to have more time to score.

That was circumstantial though. It could have very easily been us chasing the game and you'd have wanted as much time as possible adding. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I find it stupid.

It will be a common theme this season, most teams are going to come and time waste against us. Perhaps aside from the likes of Southampton.

How much would you have wanted had the score line been reversed?

• Like 1