Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NewEnglandFox

Stoppage Time

1 hour ago, Oldblueyes said:

Probably SKY will like all this extra time addons,  they can combine a Sunday afternoon match and seamlessly carry it into the Monday Night Football slot.

longer games = more ad revenue

18 hours ago, Monk said:

The whole thing is dumb - if we are going to play 90 minutes of the ball in play, then the visible stadium and TV clock should stop when play stops and should end on 90 minutes. The clock the fans see should sync with the clock the ref has on his arm. Otherwise constantly adding 15-20% onto the end of each half is a joke.

With the state of the phone signals in the stadium? We could end up with 4 minutes or 40 lol

• Haha 1

Couldn't make this stuff up. Another out-of-touch, clueless, entitled footballer. 

"A game like that, even the first half with three minutes extra, you can only guess what's going to happen if you play a lower team who keep timewasting all the time" 

Of course the not such lower teams never time waste (like Arsenal, as we witnessed). 

:mad:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/articles/cp37evzxkzko

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Collymore said:

This still doesn't seem consistent. We had 1 min at end of first half and 6 at the end of the match against Cardiff. There were numerous injuries with players down for a while, time wasting from Cardiff (the ref actually booked a Cardiff player for it and had words with another one) there were numerous substitutions and quite long goal celebrations.  

Against Cov there was 9 mins added on and there seemed less stoppages then. 

In any standard match last season the going rate was 1 min at HT and 4 mins at the end. So the new rules bought us just an extra 2 mins of action for the fans on Saturday? 

None of it adds up for me. 

I think the difference is that against Coventry there were 3 goals in the second half, whereas on Saturday there were none when the board went up. We ended up playing 8 mins I think because of the goal and the sending off.

10 minutes ago, Collymore said:

This still doesn't seem consistent. We had 1 min at end of first half and 6 at the end of the match against Cardiff. There were numerous injuries with players down for a while, time wasting from Cardiff (the ref actually booked a Cardiff player for it and had words with another one) there were numerous substitutions and quite long goal celebrations.  

Against Cov there was 9 mins added on and there seemed less stoppages then. 

In any standard match last season the going rate was 1 min at HT and 4 mins at the end. So the new rules bought us just an extra 2 mins of action for the fans on Saturday? 

None of it adds up for me. 

I’d say that as I wondered after game 1, much of any time wasting by teams will go unpunished as injuries, subs and goal celebrations are timed to make up the added time and refs are uncomfortable to add any more than that 

15 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I’d say that as I wondered after game 1, much of any time wasting by teams will go unpunished as injuries, subs and goal celebrations are timed to make up the added time and refs are uncomfortable to add any more than that 

I was looking at the timings in other games recently and it looks like it's either 6 mins or 9 mins the refs are adding on across the board. It's like they're scared to hit 10 and the numbers 7 and 8 don't exist. 

10 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I'll state right off that l love the new rule.

But It's always the human element that let's these good ideas down.

Inconsistency drives us all mad and refs being uncomfortable with doing the right thing is part of that.

We pay to watch football not cheats time-wasting and if certain refs can't bring themselves to add on the correct time be it 1 minute or 30 they should be retrained and not selected until they can.

The answer is obviously AI, it's bias free and consistent.

* Plus it will keep the machines occupied when they're not busy plotting to exterminate us all.

What they should do is add up each teams time wasting individually. For example, newcastle waste 15 minutes, opposition team waste 5. If the game is drawing at full time 20 minutes is added on. However, for example, if the opposition team is wining they have their 5 minutes added on and then subtract newcastles 15 therefore meaning the ref blow the full time whistle on 80 mins. Obviously the other way round if newcastle are winning, 105 minutes played. 

That’ll stop the time wasting, would also be great to see the crying from some teams too lol 

31 minutes ago, Vlad the Fox said:

What they should do is add up each teams time wasting individually. For example, newcastle waste 15 minutes, opposition team waste 5. If the game is drawing at full time 20 minutes is added on. However, for example, if the opposition team is wining they have their 5 minutes added on and then subtract newcastles 15 therefore meaning the ref blow the full time whistle on 80 mins. Obviously the other way round if newcastle are winning, 105 minutes played. 

That’ll stop the time wasting, would also be great to see the crying from some teams too lol 

bit early for heavy drinking

• Haha 1

On 08/08/2023 at 17:32, lee7 said:

Personally i think the extra time is a great idea. It'll benefit the best sides. 

I hate watching matches where sides score a flukey goal and go 1-0 up but then proceed to spend the rest of the match rolling around on the floor. 

Fulham at home last year was stunning, total scumbags & cheats, AND to make it all worse the Refs just let them get on with it, If Mitro goes to Saudi he won't be missed in English football!!!

7 hours ago, Collymore said:

Why don't they just have someone stopping the clock? Can't be hard to do, only have it running when the ball is play, should be quite simple. 

Could do but then games would need to be about 70 mins 

ball in play is generally around an hour 

if you’re making that much more than 70 mins then it’s like playing every game with extra time as it was last season 

8 hours ago, The boy Linacre said:

Fulham at home last year was stunning, total scumbags & cheats, AND to make it all worse the Refs just let them get on with it, If Mitro goes to Saudi he won't be missed in English football!!!

I think that Arsenal was the worst last season but Fulham was also incredible. Every slight contact was an excuse to go down. I remember one player winking at the trainer whilst being treated for a pretend head injury. But I agree about the refs being a big part of the scam, always being very keen to stop play. Perhaps it's a fitness thing.