Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Cov Home Match thread

2 minutes ago, filbertway said:

First half thoughts  are

Winks is good

System is very good

Nobody could have predicted it, but apparently you need creativity to make goals happen :ph34r:

Were lucky that Coventry's forwards can barely control or kick a football

Went pretty much as expected. Hopefully Maresca can find a way to get Kel on the pitch as he's the only one in our squad capable of making a goal out of nothing.

The problem with a system like this is you need the players.  KDH is the bottle neck, poor control, one footed and is happy to stink out an attack by passing back and putting others back under pressure or taking too long to make a decision. 

• Like 2

Just now, James_lcfc said:

Pleasantly surprised with how bad Coventry are.

We are better, but not by much unfortunately. You can see a lot of the hangover from last year. 

Why are we persisting with Ndidi though? Utterly bizarre…He is beyond bad.

We’d probably be better with Albrighton on the right as well.

Desperate for new signings.

Thought cov have looked decent tbh

Faes & Winks have been superb, we've dominated but passing not on it ATM and not clinical in and around the box. Vestergaard receiving the ball a lot but chosing the short pass too much would like him to sweep the ball in the channels now and again to mix it up .

Still incredibly static in the final third. 

Lucky we've not been caught out at the back yet with them leaving 2 up top.

All just feels a bit pedestrian and predictable.

Obviously we aren't Man City and Maresca isn't Pep, but I'd have thought he'd have worked on movement in attacking positions. 

If someone makes a run, instead of them all standing still, we might actually create something.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CloudFox said:

KDH hasn't been great, but hopefully that comes with games. But yeah, it saddens me to say Ndidi doesn't fit this team. Improving that 8 position is going to make a massive difference for us I think.

Switch Ndidi back to DM, put Ricardo where Mcateer is, and bring Nacho on for Mcateer 👍

• Haha 1

Early signs were encouraging. Worrying how bad KDH has been. Stephy looking pretty good I think and winks is sauce. Need a goal to calm the nerves, defo need more quality with final ball, need some creative players in and some that can take set peices. 

cmon boys!! 

• Like 1

Just now, Royston. said:

Mcateer has been clumsy and offered little and wasted a goal scoring chance.

Am I  just being mean to a young boy?

I thought he’s been ok, just looks like a young lad getting his chance, very raw, but of nerves, some bits are good some bits should be better.

He’s got to score for me.

Yuri still crap and overweight then, ah damn he isn't playing or us anymore! Anyway unsurprisingly to most people as we have very little n the creative player front we aren't really creating. That said considering everyone is finding their feet, not too shabby. 

Looked good with some good passages of play, need to get Mavididi on the ball more and feel we have lacked a bit of quality and composure in key areas, with Ndidi, KDH and McAteer wasteful when in good positions. 

Plenty of positives and still lots to work on and fine tune. If we can bring in more players who fit the profile of what Maresca needs and I think we will be flying. 

1 minute ago, beepee1984 said:

Winks best player in the 1st half,

KDH most disappointing - he is better than he has showed in the 1st half and we need him to step up and get back to his best this season.

I think KDH has been ok. Most things are going through him, apart of Winks he’s the most involved, so he’s going to have a few more missed passes than everyone else