Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Cov Home Match thread

2 minutes ago, James_lcfc said:

Pleasantly surprised with how bad Coventry are.

We are better, but not by much unfortunately. You can see a lot of the hangover from last year. 

Why are we persisting with Ndidi though? Utterly bizarre…He is beyond bad.

We’d probably be better with Albrighton on the right as well.

Desperate for new signings.

Ndidi has played well. You watching a different game or just following the narrative?

• Like 4

1 minute ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

I thought he’s been ok, just looks like a young lad getting his chance, very raw, but of nerves, some bits are good some bits should be better.

He’s got to score for me.

not necessarily score, but he has to go across goal. He’s put that in the safest spot for a keeper 

Pretty much as we all suspected. Play some nice patterns but lack the quality in the attacking midfield areas to exploit it. 2 or 3 players of the right profile there and I'll be optimistic.

Winks too good for this division, that much is obvious.

4 minutes ago, jim5000 said:

I’m not sure I like Ricardo as a defensive midfielder. Seems like a waste of his athletic ability, and he’s not big enough or strong enough to win the battles in there.

We need to mix it up more. Ricardo was brilliant at those overlapping runs and cut backs down the right, something which I thought Maresca liked.

Just now, ARM1968 said:

Ndidi has played well. You watching a different game or just following the narrative?

He started off well, could see the telescope legs again and making some good passes, dropped off a bit as the half went on imo

5 minutes ago, Royston. said:

Mcateer has been clumsy and offered little and wasted a goal scoring chance.

Am I  just being mean to a young boy?

Nope he has been average. We 100% will upgrade him by the end of the window but he will still see some minutes and hopefully improve throughout season.

Think if we can get 1 we will get a couple, look like we’re playing within ourselves a little at the moment. Winks is a class above, it’s been the biggest example of KDH being a confidence player, like he’s had this game in his mind for weeks, needs to get back to the player when there was no pressure on him.

• Like 1

You can tell our quality is on another level but this will be the whole season, we will dominate but can we score before getting burned on a set piece or counter.

I don't know what's worse Ndidi out of his natural CDM position when we played him at CB or where he's playing now.

If our two 8s stop being profligate in the final third, this is ours to win.

Irritating we’re still absolutely honking at defending corners though.

Hamer’s delivery is good though - he looks like he’d slot in exactly where we’d need him most - shame we’re not in for him!

3 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Rhodes mate.
Following the game on the FT match thread is just the pits ain’t it? 

I got a stream, but the internet is dreadful so it keeps dropping out. Doesn’t look like we missed much though lol

On the bright side it’s been stormy in England, just hope your holiday wasn’t affected by the fires I read about a few weeks ago

• Like 1