Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Cov Home Match thread

Just now, Samilktray said:

Mcateer will be a useful squad player this year but clearly isn’t at the level we need from that position to be first choice 

Yep, he looks good enough to be back up RW to me. Impressive for his first game at this level. He goes across the keeper there and it’s a goal probably, but in general play he did well, knows how to sell a defender. 

Mat Pipers thoughts...

I am somewhere just hanging off a bit..

Too much heavy critic on FT..

First game...

10 minutes ago, Supergray22 said:

If only Mcateer had shot across the goal. I have been impressed with him though. Doesn’t look out of place and such a great feeling to be cheering on a young local lad. Very uplifting. 

So MP.

I've been really impressed with the way the ball has been moved from the backline through midfield. I would give that nine out of 10.

But it's not quite razor sharp in and around the 18-yard box, otherwise we'd be leading the game.

I understand the way of playing is risky football. It's exciting when you've got the ball, but it's heart-and-mouth moments if you lose it.

We're all going to have to get used to that.

2 minutes ago, James_lcfc said:

What are you talking about? What narrative? 

Just seeing what you want to see. What has he done well? He looks so far off it it’s ridiculous.

Absolute nonsense. Sorry but that’s BS at its finest. KDH has been bobbins. Ndidi has not. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Md9 said:

Kdh just needs to make some better decisions on the ball and we could be through a few more times. Just get 1 to vardy and he will score . Winks looked decent. 

Wink is techinally as good as Maddison and can find a pass through the eye of a needle, KDH can't do that so why not swap the two around.

Edited by whoareyaaa

As far as first half of the season goes, we have played well. Some of the Maresca football from the back is great on the eye but the odd mistake still creeps in. No-one is putting in a bad performance by any stretch, but we need to be much better and clinical in the final third.

More of the same in the second half, plus a goal please.

Winks has been superb, KDH not so much, I'm a bit worried about defending corners and it is clear for all to see that we are badly needing creativity and a goal threat, we get this sorted during the rest of the window we'll have a good season.

4 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Ndidi has played well. You watching a different game or just following the narrative?

I think the truth lies somewhere in the middle. Ndidi has made a few interceptions and looked ok a few times, whilst watching the game pass him by and hitting misplaced passes at others. He’s a steady 6.5/10.

4 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Vardy is now captain , that says something. He will play.

That's what's wrong with the football club.

Vardy was finished 2 seasons ago the fact he has had 2 touches of the ball in a championship game says it all.

Do the best for the club leave and take your huge wages with you.

He will always be a club legend but his time came a long time ago

Quietly impressed for the most part, the likes of Faes and Ndidi look so much stronger and more powerful than anyone else.

Winks looks the best player on the pitch and Doyle looks comfortable.

McAteer had grown into the game and I think I’d like to see him get 90 under his belt here.

Mavididi looks to have something about him, but could equally be frustrating.

It’s a real shame Alves received that injury, I feel with this manager and our gaps in that area he could have stepped up.

Its only the first half of the season but overall things are looking okay.

7 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Rhodes mate.
Following the game on the FT match thread is just the pits ain’t it? 

I’m watching in a bar in Crete, fantastic place. Beers are flowing, just need the win 🙏

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

How?  He’s had nothing. Getting bored of these parrot narratives now. He might be done. He might not be the main man this season. But you can’t say he looks awful when he’s had nothing offered to him. He has closed down. Pressured. Holy crap. 

The little he’s had to do, he’s been fairly poor. Ball is bouncing off him too much.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

New manager, new players, new formation, squad development unfinished, first competitive 45 minutes - those of you expecting the finished article need to give your heads a wobble. 

Very positive signs, that. 

• Like 4

Just now, ARM1968 said:

Absolute nonsense. Sorry but that’s BS at its finest. KDH has been bobbins. Ndidi has not. 

KDH hasn’t been great either I agree.

Your Ndidi shout is ludicrous though. He will be dropped as soon as we get a replacement in - Will you ever recover?

11 minutes ago, Royston. said:

Mcateer has been clumsy and offered little and wasted a goal scoring chance.

Am I  just being mean to a young boy?

I think he’s more a left sided player isn’t he. 

That chance he had, would have been easier if he’s right footed and cutting in from the left?