Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Cov Home Match thread

The best bench to ever be fielded at this level yet we’re starting two clowns in defence, a kid with no experience at this level, and an over the hill striker… I’m getting Brendan flashbacks!

• Haha 1

Just now, dmayne7 said:

Don't worry. In a month's time people will be saying how bad our bench is 

Well it's a lot of players too good for this level but not many of them truly fit the manager's preferred system. 

So it probably isn't an amazing bench. 

Our depth chart for Maresca's tactics is pretty honking tbf. 

We're in trouble if Ndidi is out attacking midfielder and I'm not sure if McAteer is the best option, clearly Vestergaard would not be playing had Coady not been injured. We're not going to be the finished article just hope we can get the win to build momentum. Excited to see Mavididi.

I think I might prefer the bench

I may not know what I'm talking about bit that's okay as this is Foxestalk. 

Rodgers lacked flexibility.   Maresca has been bold and promoted McAteer.   Maresca has the confidence to put Iheamacho on the bench ( I believe that I readon this forum  he'd guaranteed get 30 goals at this level).  

I hope this works.

2 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Is Doyle a CB playing LB or a LB?

Doesnt look good for Justin 

These things sort themselves out. JJ and Souttar will play or be introduced as subs and prove far better than those chosen ahead so far.

My only knowledge of Macateer is that Gillingham game where he was totally out of his depth. Bizarre selection.

Just now, Finnegan said:

Well it's a lot of players too good for this level but not many of them truly fit the manager's preferred system. 

So it probably isn't an amazing bench. 

Our depth chart for Maresca's tactics is pretty honking tbf. 

Remember Peps first season at Manchester City, Vardy mauled them. 

He slowly had to change that squad. 

If Enzo gets the time with us, I’d expect the same here. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Is Doyle a CB playing LB or a LB?

Doesnt look good for Justin 

Kristensen, Thomas, Justin and Castagne could all play there, then we can avoid Vestergaard and have Doyle at CB. I can see why as he’ll want a back 3 when Ricardo moves into midfield so I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt, for one game anyway lol

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, richard123 said:

Let's go. Strong bench

It really hits home how we should never have been relegated with such a squad. Even having lost Barnes, Evans, Soyuncu and Maddison, any team in the Championship would bite your hand off for any of those players on our bench.

1 minute ago, Paninistickers said:

These things sort themselves out. JJ and Souttar will play or be introduced as subs and prove far better than those chosen ahead so far.

My only knowledge of Macateer is that Gillingham game where he was totally out of his depth. Bizarre selection.

He’s looked good in pre season. 

Players need blooding in at some point.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mark said:

Kristensen, Thomas, Justin and Castagne could all play there, then we can avoid Vestergaard and have Doyle at CB. I can see why as he’ll want a back 3 when Ricardo moves into midfield so I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt, for one game anyway lol

Vestergaard, despite being a concrete post, can pass the ball better than those. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tuna said:

We're in trouble if Ndidi is out attacking midfielder and I'm not sure if McAteer is the best option, clearly Vestergaard would not be playing had Coady not been injured. We're not going to be the finished article just hope we can get the win to build momentum. Excited to see Mavididi.

Not sure actually. I suspect Faes would be the one to be dropped for Coady.

4 minutes ago, Sly said:

Interesting who isn’t on the squad. 

Soumare, Ward, Iversen, Madivudka, Nelson, Brunt, Thomas, Kristensen, Smithies, 

Injured. 

None of the others have featured much during pre-season, so not really surprising.

• Like 1

Just now, shen said:

Not sure actually. I suspect Faes would be the one to be dropped for Coady.

Injured. 

None of the others have featured much during pre-season, so not really surprising.

I think it would be Vester when Faes, Coady and Doyle played in game at Northampton we looked good.