Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

Leicester 2 Coventry 1 post match thread

19 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

this will be the real decider if he goes with Kel and Preat then we have a manager that know's what he is on with.

I think Maresca is a manager who will pick a team based on the opponent.  Today called for a bit of muscle in the middle, and first half it worked, Vardy and Ndidi were part of a press that made coventry look like amateurs on the ball.  Against other teams he'll likely play other players, but i don't believe if Casadei comes in it will be the last time we see ndidi play at #8 (assuming he isn't sold).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

I think people are inclined to say that in fear of being shot down because he is a youngster on his debut. 

Reality is he is 21, not 17, and did a better job at halting some of our attacks than the coventry defence did.

True. As I say, a bit more experience needed. Perhaps as a sub when we have a big lead.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Sparrowhawk said:

Pretty much the only bit of this that bears any relation to today's match is that we weren't very good for a lot of the second half. Maybe the Iheanacho bit too.

Nididi is a fascinating experiment, Faes barely put a foot wrong (and looked very good indeed most of the time), Vestergaard was certainly not terrible, Ricardo is class and would be class wherever he played.

As for 'Puelodgers ball' - that's ridiculous.

They had numerous chances and you think Faes did nothing wrong and Vesty was fine. Mind boggles

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Just to explain

my response to a PL goal isn’t to just and wait to see if var allows it 

the initial emotional response is obvious - out of your seat arms aloft - I then enjoyed celebrating generally jumping up and down (depending on context).  What I found myself doing post var ( beyond the initial emotional repsonse ) was looking to see what the ref was doing. (Unless it was obvious that there was no issue ).  You clearly just enjoy the period post initial celebration - others can’t 

Oh, well christ if that's all - big deal.  For a slight added element of tension, i can live with less shit decisions, and at bottom it's worth it just for that feeling when VAR gave nacho a goal in the last minute against everton - what a moment!

19 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

Pains me to say it, but I was quite impressed with Cov. Pretty clear that Robins knows what he's doing.

For half an hour when we forgot what we were supposed to be doing and even then they were hopeless in the final third.

First half they couldn't cope with our press and didn't look like they had any area that we needed to be concerned about.

And the last 20 minutes - they played like us last year.

Some of the mcateer criticism as fair as it is must be looked at with context, the moment praet came on he looked much better because praet offered him an option so he could either pass out wide to praet or cut in, kept the defenders guessing 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Don't think I've been that stressed during a game since the closing stretch of the FA Cup final.

It was on the line for me after setting myself up for a world of shit off them plebs. I'm not a religious man but Dewsbury-Hall and Mavididi were like Mary & Joseph in that final 20 mins. 

We have lift off.

Understand KDH said in changing room after that winner was for Ric Flair and his anti elephant agenda 

• Haha 2

INTERVIEW: Mark Robins looks back at Leicester City performance
The Gaffer analyses the performance...

1 Hour ago

Coventry City

@Coventry_City

Mark Robins was able to take the positives from his side's performance, despite defeat at the King Power Stadium.

City had taken the lead through Kyle McFadzean and had looked the better side, but ultimately fell to defeat with two late goals from Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall.

Robins was able to hand starts to four of his new signings, as well as welcoming three more off the bench.

Speaking after the final whistle, Robins looked back at the performance and the start of this new journey.

Reflecting on the performance…

“We started the game fairly well.

“They have quality all over their side, they’re a Premier League side, let’s face it.

“You know they will have a lot of possession, they moved the ball quickly, but I felt we got to grips with it well.

“We got our noses in front with a brilliantly executed corner, finished off by Kyle, but before that we had opportunities to score.

“Matty Godden had chances and for whatever reason he’s snatched at one or two, but he will settle down, he just needs to focus on that connection with the ball and really, he had one or two chances today normally he would have finished.

“That’s just going to be a culmination of work we’re going to be doing.”

Psotivies to take…

“We look like we could be a really good team this year. I know we got to the play-off final last year and just missed out, but I feel we can develop into a really good side.

“We have some really exciting players and that was only our first competitive game together, against one of the top two or three sides in the division.

“Ultimately it was about those chances that we didn’t take if we would have taken one of them then I think we go on and win the game.”

Substitutions midway through the half…

“I had to make some changes, but I tried to be positive.

“Gus was feeling his calves and had to come off, which is never ideal, bit it needed to happen. He had been out since the play-off final, so he’s going to take time.

“Kasey ran out of legs, and that’s because we’ve only had a short amount of time to work with everybody.”

Leicester’s goals…

“From 45 to about 70 we did really well.

“They just showed that bit of quality when it mattered. We were disappointed with the goals because we let them switch the play.

“We switched off and Harry Winks has driven out and it opened things up for them and it got switched and we didn’t get out to close the ball and we allowed a perfect cross and then the run from Dewsbury-Hall was straight through our back line which shouldn’t happen.

“Then the winning goal for them was equally poor but the quality he showed is exactly what they are, they have quality players.

“For me this is the start of this journey with these players. Whilst it’s disappointing to lose there’s a lot of positives to take from this.”

3 minutes ago, Blueman1967 said:

Good win, was luckly when they hit the crossbar, and the rebound was missed, good to come from behind and win.

To be fair it was a timely block and a fabulous fingertip save, and i could have tapped in the rebound.

I thought it was interesting, clearly a work in progress still but interesting ideas.

The team is clearly a few players short, we need someone who can engineer a bit of magic in tight games, although KDH did that today, we need someone else and another winger. I feel we will be decent.

It's time to admit Vardy is gone/done. 

Negatives: the defence is a problem - against strikers who could finish basic chances we’d be 3/4 down. Hopefully Coady can bring some organisation. 
Too slow in the build up at times, not enough urgency when there was 70 mins gone it was being played at pre season pace, hopefully this is fitness. We need ball carriers at number 8 that are better on the ball and can keep it - hopefully the lad from Chelsea is the answer to this. 

Positives: 1 nil down last season we would have folded, showed some balls and got back into the game. I like what the manager is trying to do, it will just take time to get our players used to it. Winks is class. 

Cpl of quality signings and we will be fine, if Cov are the best of the rest there should be some really crap we come up against…

Macca will only improve u cud see Praet giving him help.

sorry to say but vardy looked disconnected .Wilf won a lot of ball higher up than usual   but we were open in the back centre because the protection wasnt there .But we won and some very good stuff at times Winks and Ricardo look to be very good at this level.Keeper is a bit scary but made some great saves