Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

Leicester 2 Coventry 1 post match thread

6 minutes ago, davieG said:

INTERVIEW: Mark Robins looks back at Leicester City performance
The Gaffer analyses the performance...

1 Hour ago

Coventry City

@Coventry_City

Mark Robins was able to take the positives from his side's performance, despite defeat at the King Power Stadium.

City had taken the lead through Kyle McFadzean and had looked the better side, but ultimately fell to defeat with two late goals from Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall.

Robins was able to hand starts to four of his new signings, as well as welcoming three more off the bench.

Speaking after the final whistle, Robins looked back at the performance and the start of this new journey.

Reflecting on the performance…

“We started the game fairly well.

“They have quality all over their side, they’re a Premier League side, let’s face it.

“You know they will have a lot of possession, they moved the ball quickly, but I felt we got to grips with it well.

“We got our noses in front with a brilliantly executed corner, finished off by Kyle, but before that we had opportunities to score.

“Matty Godden had chances and for whatever reason he’s snatched at one or two, but he will settle down, he just needs to focus on that connection with the ball and really, he had one or two chances today normally he would have finished.

“That’s just going to be a culmination of work we’re going to be doing.”

Psotivies to take…

“We look like we could be a really good team this year. I know we got to the play-off final last year and just missed out, but I feel we can develop into a really good side.

“We have some really exciting players and that was only our first competitive game together, against one of the top two or three sides in the division.

“Ultimately it was about those chances that we didn’t take if we would have taken one of them then I think we go on and win the game.”

Substitutions midway through the half…

“I had to make some changes, but I tried to be positive.

“Gus was feeling his calves and had to come off, which is never ideal, bit it needed to happen. He had been out since the play-off final, so he’s going to take time.

“Kasey ran out of legs, and that’s because we’ve only had a short amount of time to work with everybody.”

Leicester’s goals…

“From 45 to about 70 we did really well.

“They just showed that bit of quality when it mattered. We were disappointed with the goals because we let them switch the play.

“We switched off and Harry Winks has driven out and it opened things up for them and it got switched and we didn’t get out to close the ball and we allowed a perfect cross and then the run from Dewsbury-Hall was straight through our back line which shouldn’t happen.

“Then the winning goal for them was equally poor but the quality he showed is exactly what they are, they have quality players.

“For me this is the start of this journey with these players. Whilst it’s disappointing to lose there’s a lot of positives to take from this.”

Overall a fair assessment from him

Edited by fox_favourite

Just now, CosbehFox said:

First half they were atrocious in my opinion, turned the ball over repeatedly but we just didn’t take advantage 

To be fair, they knew how to get at us just didn’t take advantage. Didn’t have loads of the ball but had a plan. 

1 minute ago, CosbehFox said:

First half they were atrocious in my opinion, turned the ball over repeatedly but we just didn’t take advantage 

Disagree. We dominated possession but they were very organised defensively and looked a threat on the counter. The warning signs were there.

5 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Coventry were not poor. They’ll be up there at the end.

Pretty much all of their creativity came from turnovers and counter attacking though. 

• Like 4

Hamer's corners were probably the best I've seen at any level, so no surprise we went behind when we did. 

Brilliant to win when we're still clearly rusty, players settling still, we don't have everyone in we need and it's a complete unknown for many of our team. It's no surprise Doyle looked class seeing as he was playing this level last year.

A very positive outcome and something to build on. Cov completely bottled good chances on their big day out lol half decent atmosphere but I feel the whole club is trying to find it's place still.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, whoareyaaa said:

or we was just too good for them? 

Shaded it just  and the stats show that. They missed chances and were punished . We will still be vulnerable at set pieces and the opposition will play on that. Overall a decent start and we should get better.

8 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Disagree. We dominated possession but they were very organised defensively and looked a threat on the counter. The warning signs were there.

Midfield had huge gaps in my opinion. Dewsbury Hall three times went running through the middle of it but we failed to do a decent pass. Similarly they were just hoofing it forward 

thought we played reasonably well, didnt get the heart attack feeling with the keeper either, 

cant grumble about anyone today really, some were iffy at times, but could see what EM wants to do, certainly show we need 3/4 more players in imo

also Ndidi isnt a box to box player,

think for the next game maybe Kel starting and Praet in for Ndidi

Hermansen looks quality