Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

Leicester 2 Coventry 1 post match thread

16 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Does Gustavo Hamer always look like he's eaten a smaller Gustavo Hamer before the game? 

Don't care about his size he was best player on the pitch for the most of the game. If we manage to offload a few I'd definitely try and prise him away from them, that creativity was what we were missing.

• Like 3

Early days. Got the points. Talk of Vardy being gone is premature. He got nothing all game. However, that being said, Nacho looks a better fit for the style Enzo is trying to play. 

looked ragged at times. Far too easily opened up at the back and far too many chances given away. Better finishing by COV and it’s another story. 

still, I think this might be the first enjoyable season for a few years. Nice. 

5 minutes ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

Don't care about his size he was best player on the pitch for the most of the game. If we manage to offload a few I'd definitely try and prise him away from them, that creativity was what we were missing.

Poundshop Harry Winks

• Haha 1

Really good to see Maresca-ball

live and pick up some of the nuances in our style. The wide wingers, the runs from midfield, the role of the keeper (which makes it clear why Ward/Iversen aren’t playing), Ricardos role. 

Cov in the first half played into our hands and pressed us at the back. Couple of quick balls and we had overloads on. Second half they seemed to sit back more, allow us to commit players forward (as the crowd groaned in frustration) then play intelligent balls over the top exposing us at the back on more than one occasion.

Overall though loads more encouraging signs than negative ones, a really entertaining game, no VAR or goal music and 3 points. Then home for a roast chicken. Loving the Championship so far!!

• Like 3

Guest Col city fan
1 hour ago, Lillehamring said:

I don't get this - VAR or no VAR when the ball hits the net i'm jumping round the room and screaming - it's called emotion, it's not something any VAR decision can change.  If i'm brought down to earth by VAR afterwards - so be it - a goals is a goal, enjoy the moment, repent at leisure if it's scrubbed off.

Completely wrong.

VAR destroys the emotion. That’s the point.

It gets so bad that when goals are scored, you DONT celebrate first and foremost, your first thought is will VAR chalk it off.

That can’t be good for any sport, or anyone 

Great result, okay performance.

The signs are there for this to really work, a couple more attacking additions (Casadei and Rak-Sakyi would be perfect), and a realisation from Enzo that Vesty and we are away!

Coventry were decent, difficult opposition and we didn't look fully sharp. Once we are I think we will really show our quality far more than we did today

• Like 1

We rode our luck today, but I think Enzo has performed a minor miracle considering he’s had 6 weeks and that silly tour in the middle. Yes there is big room for improvement, but we’ve just beaten one of the better sides last year, and a local rival to boot. I wasn’t that confident before the game. Lots of positives, but also some areas to improve.

Bit miffed I have to provide my own elastic bands now for the clappers though!

What a mixture of emotions and obviously the result/points are the most important part particularly at this stage.

However, I hope Enzo and his team watch some of the mistakes back and make some much needed tweaks.

McAteer could be ok as back up but would like to secure a proper RM/RW asap.

Doyle to play centrally and JJ to come in for Vestergaard probably the most obvious change with our Man City lite only working if bring in someone with pace which JJ offers - Man City do that through Walker, Ake and Akanji over our horrendously slow CB’s.

Ndidi as an 8 should never happen in a competitive game again, I get that he can’t play the Winks role but he broke down our own attacks more than any Cov player did.

On hols so missed this, great result. The highlights I watched made it look quite an even game, they had a few too many good chances but maybe was a Cov fan doing the editing and didn't include all our chances. KDH did really well for both goals, he will be a hero this season.

Nice to see McAteer start. Looking forward to seeing how we do in the next games.

24 minutes ago, WoodyFox said:

Apart from Hamer thought they were pony. Couldn’t hit a barn door and more misplaced passes than completed. If they’re one of the better sides then we have no excuses to do very well this season. 

What does pony mean? I’ve never heard anyone say it besides on here, I gather it’s negative? 😂

27 minutes ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

The best player on the pitch was Dennis Praet. I really need someone to tell me what they saw in Hamer? I saw nothing other that overhit misplaced passed bar a decent corner.