Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

Leicester 2 Coventry 1 post match thread

1 hour ago, Lillehamring said:

Ndidi will never play as a CB for maresca - the main issue he has as a #8 is his control and passing, the two elements maresca desires that is seeing vestergaard playing ahead of the infinitely better souttar.

Perhaps. But I can only see him being cover for anyone in the team at the moment. He doesn't have the skills to play in midfield if there is no destroyer position. At least at the back he has the pace to protect us against the counter.

Ideally though I think Justin could do that better operating where Faes was today.

Seeing vestegaard getting a lot of abuse, and while I don’t think he was great I don’t think he was awful, he’s just an easy target. In transition when the coverntry players were running at full speed at him, he was a deer in headlights. But other than that I thought he was fine, made some good tackles, blocks and clearances. 

Thought Faes was really bad, he was constantly out of position and doesn’t suit that right side at all from what we’ve seen so far. Both really lack pace, and Doyle’s not quick either so we 100% need an alternative there, of which JJ could be the answer. 

2 hours ago, 80footgiraffe said:

Liked that Enzo went full Klopp fist pumping mental when the winner went in. PASHUN

Not had that for a long time. 

Nice to have a manager and support team who look like they give a ****. 

I actually hate Rodgers more the less I see of him. 

• Like 2

Back from the pub, more than a few pints in so here it goes.

Most important thing today was to get off to a good start, so that's mission accomplished.

Vesty won't be 1st choice and still gives me hope that I can be a professional footballer.

System worked well but we didn't really test their keeper until the 46th minute.

Mavididi looked like (and probably is) a 1 trick pony but far too early to judge. Grew into the game as it went on. Certainly looks like a typical winger, when it's going well, will look like a world beater, when it isn't will look very poor. Impressed with his showing though, especially in the final 30 minutes or so. 

Winks looked a class above the rest.

We certainly looked more dangerous after the changes, Praet for Ndidi and Kel for Vardy and that, as it stands, probably should be our 1st 11 (obviously Coady for Vesty) 

We dominated without ever looking like we'd run away with the game, but the most important thing was to get 3 points. Going a goal behind and winning will probably have a better effect than winning comfortably or losing. 

Improvements to be made but a win is a win

• Like 2

Just now, Dusty said:

Seeing vestegaard getting a lot of abuse, and while I don’t think he was great I don’t think he was awful, he’s just an easy target. In transition when the coverntry players were running at full speed at him, he was a deer in headlights. But other than that I thought he was fine, made some good tackles, blocks and clearances. 

Thought Faes was really bad, he was constantly out of position and doesn’t suit that right side at all from what we’ve seen so far. Both really lack pace, and Doyle’s not quick either so we 100% need an alternative there, of which JJ could be the answer. 

Yep.

Neither can recover, and it was pretty alarming today. Add that to the fact that they both get caught out of position a lot and you have a problem. Very poor from Cov to only get one goal today if we’re being honest.

I think we need a CB who can run with this system. If we could offload Vestergaard I reckon we would go back into the market for one.

Faes should be OK at this level as he can pass and is combative but we could do with some pace alongside him. 

4 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Back from the pub, more than a few pints in so here it goes.

Most important thing today was to get off to a good start, so that's mission accomplished.

Vesty won't be 1st choice and still gives me hope that I can be a professional footballer.

System worked well but we didn't really test their keeper until the 46th minute.

Mavididi looked like (and probably is) a 1 trick pony but far too early to judge. Grew into the game as it went on. Certainly looks like a typical winger, when it's going well, will look like a world beater, when it isn't will look very poor. Impressed with his showing though, especially in the final 30 minutes or so. 

Winks looked a class above the rest.

We certainly looked more dangerous after the changes, Praet for Ndidi and Kel for Vardy and that, as it stands, probably should be our 1st 11 (obviously Coady for Vesty) 

We dominated without ever looking like we'd run away with the game, but the most important thing was to get 3 points. Going a goal behind and winning will probably have a better effect than winning comfortably or losing. 

Improvements to be made but a win is a win

Nailed it (For a change!!!).

I thought Ricky was class so cant believe hes  been getting sh1t.

Vesty- yeah I'm praying he can some how flourish under a new manager.

Agree with every else.

KDH and Winks will be massive influences I  our success.

2 hours ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

@Trumpet@Trumpet must be so gutted we didn't lose this one

You quoted me when I said something along the lines of i’m glad I’ve decided to only watch this lot when they’re on sky and otherwise take back my weekends to enjoy them.

It’ll take more than a good 20 minutes against Coventry to change that, in fact, I won’t change my stance all season. Years of mismanagement on all levels and generally disdain from those in power towards us the fans. You sound like just the kind of fan they want “gEt BeHiNd ThE lAdS”. 

6 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Cov fans on the train home kept going on about how poor the atmopshere was from the leicester fans... coming from a club that have about 15k empty seats every home game.

Being louder than the home fans (90+9)

Great draw for them today !

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Cov fans on the train home kept going on about how poor the atmopshere was from the leicester fans... coming from a club that have about 15k empty seats every home game.

They were hardly a bastion of noise. 

Had one song they sang every so often about shagging their dad's or something, went wooooo once and outside of the first 10 after they scored were absolutley silent. 

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Seemed a bit of a stupid comment really. Having spent 9yrs in the Prem, isn't it a given we'd have a fair few players of value around the place? 

It was cheap and I expected better from him.