Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

Leicester 2 Coventry 1 post match thread

7 hours ago, Simmo86 said:

Again, bit dramatic. Casadei and Rak-Sakyi coming in this week which completes the starting eleven. So that kinda of blows the ‘Squad is really poor, nowhere near there’ argument out of the water. After that a few more depth players and we’re all set. 

Starting 11 going to look real exciting with these two, if everyone buys in its going to be great to watch

We are playing Enzo’s game and it looks good in a way. But we are playing it without the personnel to do so.

Ndidi remains a monster in our own half as as a trad CDM but as a box to box 8 has no business in the side.

Winks really impressive especially in distribution and defence - put himself and body on the line more than once.

Vardy not in the game without a baller that can play him in - maybe as well not be there until we do.

RW needs an upgrade - McAteer not quite ready yet for me but a promising player who deserves minutes this season.

The hole created by Ricardo’s advanced position made us entirely vulnerable to counter attack and the opportunities Cov had down that side were numerous and a better side could have scored three against us because of this gap. Needs looking at.

Really pleased with the result and the possession but that really could have gone either way. Hope we get the lads from Chelsea and Palace and they can come straight in and perform.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Wanting your weekends back, yet spending a good chunk of it on here moaning about the game 

I haven’t spent a good chunk of it on here moaning about the game lol

And in all fairness, there’s a big difference between having my weekends planned out around the football and picking up foxestalk on my phone every now and then.

Edited by Trumpet

7 minutes ago, Line-X said:

Skimming through the match thread this morning and it's a complete disgrace. Just embarrassing. The usual suspects churning out the same old armchair drivel, laughably inaccurate judgemental self-appointed 'expertise', the predictable vitriol and hatred together with the incessant, insufferable moaning. A spectacular KDH brace and 90% of them turn tail and run to the hills. It's as though these deranged doomsayers are on some self-fulfilling crusade and actually want us to lose. 

An observation from yesterday though, having watched the highlights after the match. How has Hamza bizarrely managed to age 15 years during a one year loan spell at Watford? 

It’s a bit like a self help group for people suffering from a bipolar disorder 

Robins has had an absolute stinker- those substitutions - wow - on 70 mins - terrible substitutions for them that made them weaker every time they made a change - took their best player off that was destroying us and the right back who pocketed mavididi well - exactly what we needed - coincided perfectly with us bringing praet and kel on - marescas tactics might seem a little like rocket science but those 2 should have started the game - miles better than Ndidi and vardy -miles - sometimes it’s about having better players on the pitch and getting a little bit of luck that we strengthened our team last 20 and they massively weakened theirs - all about the win - the whole club desperately needed that yesterday- now we need 4 players that are better than vesty, Ndidi, mcateer and vards in the door and starting and we SHOULD get better and better and better 

image.thumb.png.82ae9bb43bad450df2b5c0e84b6edeca.png

We'd probably have got away with it by a gnat's arse hair depending on whether the person drawing the lines hated us or not, but the winning goal would have almost definitely gone to VAR in the Prem. McAteer (top left) with the pre-assist was possibly offside.
I LOVE THE CHAMPIONSHIP :pearson:

• Like 1

You’ve got to take the game as an extension to our pre season schedule. A relatively undercooked team but Enzo still able get the win. I have a lot of hopes for this manager. Also, how good was it to see the passion on the touchline.

I think we need a Rw and a proper CAM but the players in this side are a class above most others. Games against Saints are going to be the big ones this year. 

Also, how soon before Faes leaves - I just can’t see it with him. 

Overall, a wins a win - something we couldn’t do a lot of last year.

Buzzing with the win but does it paper of the cracks a little? It’s still early and the players are still learning of course, so no need to panic. But I was a bit concerned with how open we were second half. It just felt like every time they came forward, they looked like scoring. One long pass and they were seemingly through … Let’s be honest, cov with a half decent striker would have put 3/4 past us and we are all having very different conversations here. I just hope it’s at least a bit more solid v hudders. Thought attacking wise it ran out of ideas a bit at times but that’s going to happen without the personnel. That said, robbins comments afterwards about us were encouraging. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Simmo86 said:

Again, bit dramatic. Casadei and Rak-Sakyi coming in this week which completes the starting eleven. So that kinda of blows the ‘Squad is really poor, nowhere near there’ argument out of the water. After that a few more depth players and we’re all set. 

Let's see it happen first. Considering it's only 2 loan deals and they've both been talked about for a fortnight already I wish I shared your confidence that we'll get these deals done in 2023 :D

Edited by filbertway

14 minutes ago, OntarioFox said:

We'd probably have got away with it by a gnat's arse hair depending on whether the person drawing the lines hated us or not, but the winning goal would have almost definitely gone to VAR in the Prem. McAteer (top left) with the pre-assist was possibly offside.

That angle isn't preferable. If the camera angle is looking down the line it may look different.  

26 minutes ago, Line-X said:

How has Hamza bizarrely managed to age 15 years during a one year loan spell at Watford? 

Have you ever tried parking at the Atria Centre there? It's bad enough in a city car, and the lad drives a matte black Range Rover.

10 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

That angle isn't preferable. If the camera angle is looking down the line it may look different.  

All I know is that it didn't even cross my mind that we'd have been waiting around to be allowed to celebrate that in the Prem. Pure bliss - I quite like being allowed to celebrate goals like nature intended. :thumbup:

7 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

Buzzing with the win but does it paper of the cracks a little? It’s still early and the players are still learning of course, so no need to panic. But I was a bit concerned with how open we were second half. It just felt like every time they came forward, they looked like scoring. One long pass and they were seemingly through … Let’s be honest, cov with a half decent striker would have put 3/4 past us and we are all having very different conversations here. I just hope it’s at least a bit more solid v hudders. Thought attacking wise it ran out of ideas a bit at times but that’s going to happen without the personnel. That said, robbins comments afterwards about us were encouraging. 

No. We all, including the manager, saw the problems. There were always going to be teething problems having had a far from ideal pre-season, our first choice centre back (who will probably be our captain) out, a new manager and system and a squad that still needs a few additions. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, OntarioFox said:

VAR 100% gives this onside. Dasilva is definitely deeper than McAteer.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Line-X said:

Skimming through the match thread this morning and it's a complete disgrace. Just embarrassing. The usual suspects churning out the same old armchair drivel, laughably inaccurate judgemental self-appointed 'expertise', the predictable vitriol and hatred together with the incessant, insufferable moaning. A spectacular KDH brace and 90% of them turn tail and run to the hills. It's as though these deranged doomsayers are on some self-fulfilling crusade and actually want us to lose. 

An observation from yesterday though, having watched the highlights after the match. How has Hamza bizarrely managed to age 15 years during a one year loan spell at Watford? 

Have you spent much time in Watford?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Nick said:

We are playing Enzo’s game and it looks good in a way. But we are playing it without the personnel to do so.

Ndidi remains a monster in our own half as as a trad CDM but as a box to box 8 has no business in the side.

Winks really impressive especially in distribution and defence - put himself and body on the line more than once.

Vardy not in the game without a baller that can play him in - maybe as well not be there until we do.

RW needs an upgrade - McAteer not quite ready yet for me but a promising player who deserves minutes this season.

The hole created by Ricardo’s advanced position made us entirely vulnerable to counter attack and the opportunities Cov had down that side were numerous and a better side could have scored three against us because of this gap. Needs looking at.

Really pleased with the result and the possession but that really could have gone either way. Hope we get the lads from Chelsea and Palace and they can come straight in and perform.

Agree with N’didi. He was busy and went about that usual destruction role well, however being that high in the pitch you need a player with more technical ability on the ball, which is no surprise things improved when Praet came into that position. 

Agree with the RW too.

When it comes to Ricardo, this is an also a good point. Luckily for us Cov’s attack was as sharp as wet grass, so we got let off a few times…. Come up against the better attackers and you could well get punished. When Man City to this they have one of Walker, or Stones step into the midfield, who are both absolute monsters, so this really helps them. I think in time with confidence Ricardo will grow into the role, but like you say we need to come up with something that wont leave us exposed, this maybe taking a second look at the defence…. Vesty played well, but I wonder if his lack of mobility is a reason we looked so panicked when the ball was played over the top? 

Loved how passionate and animated the bench was yesterday. It was almost like having a team of cheerleaders there as opposed to the usual collection of bored looking statues. Could be reading too much into it but suggests Enzo has managed to create some team unity.

And regarding Vardy, feels like the emphasis is more on Daka and Nacho to show they're ready to step up and take his shirt. We've been waiting for his whole LCFC career for Daka to step up and he hasn't and Nacho likewise does it in fits and starts. In both training and cup games when they get a chance, if I was Enzo I'd want them to show me they should be starting almost more than Vardy showing he maybe shouldn't.

24 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

No. We all, including the manager, saw the problems. There were always going to be teething problems having had a far from ideal pre-season, our first choice centre back (who will probably be our captain) out, a new manager and system and a squad that still needs a few additions. 

Fair point. Guess it’s pretty positive with all that in mind, we still won. Especially as I think cov will be top 6 

56 minutes ago, OntarioFox said:

It would have been given onside, just look at the lines of the pitch and measure, the cov defender foot is ahead. But VAR would have made me sweat on this one. 

1 hour ago, Line-X said:

I have my theories but I will hold my tongue in this thread.