Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

Leicester 2 Coventry 1 post match thread

I thought Mavididi needs to add some diversity to his take-ons. He kept trying to take someone on down the line and it got snuffed out. Maybe I am just too used to Barnes alternating with bringing it in and then flying back down the channel. I know I am comparing him to Barnes which is a little unfair and also it was his debut. 

• Haha 1

Really refreshing to be sat here after a game and have more positives than negatives and not be absolutely raging at the management team. 

If Enzo can learn from his subs, I think we will have a very entertaining season, the style of football was lovely to watch. It had the flat slow passes between defenders but then bish bash bosh we are on the attack. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, beepee1984 said:

KDH was disappointing in first half, but much better in the 2nd half (opposite to the rest of the team)

First half showed real promise, just lacked creativity

Second Half until final 15 minutes doesn’t rule out back-to-back relegations, it was awful. OK maybe not relegation, but hardly built confidence for promotion

Final 15 minutes, although nearly lost it, the player’s ability eventually showed through. KDH really stepped up, both sub Praet and Iheanacho both made real impacts and need to start the next match

Ndidi was atrocious in his 15 minutes in the 2nd half. Looks like we still need an AM even though Praet did well after coming on and I would like to see more of him

At home and they had 20+ shots, that is poor and on xG we lost – they had better chances

This weekend I think the referees have really tried to let the games flow, so we need to be careful trying to win free kicks because they are not going to be given

Only 1 change in the 1st 75 minutes even though losing is not good enough – in fact criminal when we had some great players on the bench, 2nd change was striker for striker. Manager looked like he failed to adapt to how the game was progressing, admittedly it worked today, but I am concerned it won’t always.

Coventry was a top 6 side, so despite a very inconsistent 90 minutes we have to have confidence.

Back to back relegations? Jesus ****ing Christ. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

Shout out for Stephy - promising debut. Doyle was excellent too. Winks is going to take some beating as best CM in the division.

Stephy really grew into the game as he gained in confidence.

A very very good 3 points. That last 15 minutes was great to watch with both sides going for it. Vards and Ndidi are done. The substitutions changed the game and we looked very good. The defence still needs some work but it helps to have a proper midfielder and striker on the field of play. Really enjoyed that despite the absolute extremes of our play. 

Good first half, need to take chances while we’re on top. Coventry had a very dominant spell, but they aren’t terrible and most teams will have good periods against us this season.

Big shouts to Winks, Doyle, Faes, Mavididi… then Nacho and Praet.

2 superb finishes from KDH. Struggled 1st half to pick that pass in the final 3rd but we all knew he lacked that aspect of his game already.

For what it’s worth, Hamer caused us nightmare with his corners, Vestergaard had been booked, Souttar being so dominant in the air would’ve been ideal to come on for the closing stages. 

Fair play to Cov, they gave it a go, with some more quality up front they could’ve been home and hosed by 65/70 mins. 

Edited by Leeds Fox
  • Like 1

Very fortunate not to have that game put away before Enzo made any changes.

I do believe in the guy, but it's hard to look at that starting eleven and objectively say it was our best group.  McAteer was okay, but starting him with Kelechi and Daka on the bench is dubious.  Pereira in the center really makes no sense.  Ndidi anywhere makes no sense, but in an advanced role?  Seriously?  And Vardy, let's face it,  just isn't a starting player at this point.

On the plus side Mavididi was excellent, and Praet for Ndidi predictably changed the game.  KDH heroics speak for themselves.  But get it right from the first minute next time, Gaffer.

Edited by Deeg67
  • Haha 1

Looked really good for about half of that, looked really bad for about half. 

Probably didn’t deserve to win that, ironically KDH was poor before he turned into a striker so well done to him. 

Doyle, stephy, winks all played very well. Encouraging start from keeper I thought, surprised pundits have picked him out. 

really need more quality going forward. Nacho should start but I would imagine he is off.