Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

Leicester 2 Coventry 1 post match thread

Phew 😂 only really 3 points mattered today to get off to a good start but will need to defend better than that. Well done kdh made some better decisions earlier in the game but more than made up for it. Mavididi played very well

Ita going to he entertaining. I was pretty impressed, even we didn't get the win. Obviously areas to iron out and we need to improve the creativity but we played some decent stuff and most of it was quicker and forwards. 

Impressed with new guys, some big saves from Mads, Doyle very composed and Madvididi was excellent at getting us up the pitch at times albeit with little end product. Dewsbury-Hall magnificent second half, yes he wastes things at times but top quality when he's on form. 

They had far too many chances for us to be confident in the defence. 

Important win, and to do it from behind is good for the mentality. 

Guest Kopfkino

Pros:

- Beat a decent side and whilst we weren’t properly on it, you can see the building blocks

- Expected that we’d be a lot more off it with an odd pre-season 

- Found a way to get though when we were struggling that has been missing for so long

- Winks - he tired but as I expected he’s different gravy at this level

- KDH - saw some moans on him first half but didn’t get it. Had moments where he struggled but overall you can see he’ll really grow into the role and I’ve picked him as player of the season in the league

- Hermansen - one that will surprise many in here and the old-fashioned will legitimately question his aerial qualities but it makes a ton of difference what you can do with the ball having a keeper so comfortable

Cons

- Ndidi - shouldn’t be in that role but poor for the goal which has nothing to do with being an 8. Reaching Amartey levels of disgust with him

- Playing Vardy and then asking him to do non-Vardy things

- Still losing the ball in the wrong areas that makes the transition too easy

- Counter-press was poor to non-existent. The system requires it to be bang on but it was nowhere near today and it makes it easy to find the space in the right channel especially when you have a team brave enough to push 3 onto your 3 CBs. But we were playing a top transition side at this level so hard to judge.

- Vestergaard - in the team for his passing but still a donkey at any level

- Set-pieces - we’re cursed with these I’m sure

Edited by Kopfkino

Just now, Will1981 said:

Good start to the season, got a little lucky a draw would have been a fair result, the lack of pace in our back 3 scares the life out of me.

Yeah we looked very fragile and one paced at the back. Mads didn’t command the ball either and didn’t do well on crosses. I’m not convinced yet. I thought winks did well and mavidi grew into it. Praet did well when he came on too  We did well to nick a win. Kdh sprung to life at the end which is what we need. Passion and desire. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

KDH was sublime second half. If he gets some space he will be deadly at this level. So pleased for him.

Our new keeper looks the business. Great distributor AND shot-stopper. Yes, please.

Doyle looked good, as did Winks (barring one atrocious pass near the end of the match). Mavididi is a proper player. His forward running makes us so dangerous and he has tricks that can fool defenders at this level. 

Praet played so well when we came on. I think he has to start the next match. Wilf cannot play an advanced role. If that means he's relegated to the bench, then unfortunately so be it.

I'd be starting Nacho too and have Vardy as an impact sub. 

The only real, real negative. Vesty is proper smelly pants. That massive chance where Cov's striker hit the bar - he gave up. He was outpaced and just watched the action. He wasn't busting a gut to get back. Vesty might play some nice passes but he's a true liability. We can't carry him. 

I do think we have the spine of a team that can win the league. However, I don't think we can play Ndidi in a forward role. And I doubt Vardy and Vesty can start. Some tweaks are needed. 

We rode our luck. But I'm hoping the coaching staff learned a lot and we'll be better next match. 

Probably only criticism of the SYSTEM is maybe an over reliance on working the ball through Winks/Ricardo.

There will be times where it all gets too predictable and need to work around it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Very fortunate not to have that game put away before Enzo made any changes.

I do believe in the guy, but it's hard to look at that starting eleven and objectively say it was our best group.  McAteer was okay, but starting him with Kelechi and Daka on the bench is dubious.  Pereira in the center really makes no sense.  Ndidi anywhere makes no sense, but in an advanced role?  Seriously?  And Vardy, let's face it,  just isn't a starting player at this point.

On the plus side Mavididi was excellent, and Praet for Ndidi predictably changed the game.  KDH heroics speak for themselves.  But get it right from the first minute next time, Gaffer.

Fair comments, but you’ve got to give the club until the end of the transfer window until we can really scrutinise Enzo’s selection I feel.

10 minutes ago, MPH said:

Many positives..

Gk- good distribution 

Doyle- good addition

Winks- proved the doubters wrong

Mavididi - great signing

KDH- master class since the first goal went in

play Praet ahead of Ndidi please!

mCateer will be good cover when we get someone else in.

2-3 players away from an excellent 11!!

Very encouraging!!!

This, Faes was also class, Vester didn't do to bad either. 

Nacho has to start ahead of Vardy for me, Vardy should be used as an impact sub.

• Like 3

Still looked frail defensively and rode our luck but clearly we have players of incredible quality for the standard in this league. Set piece defending needs improving. 

Think we'll see a lot of us finishing games strong with the way we stifle the opposition of the ball this season.