Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

Leicester 2 Coventry 1 post match thread

For patches I thought it was pretty poor. Incredibly pedestrian going forward. A clinical side would have put 4 or 5 past us at the end other end. Maybe it's 1st day nerves but we need to be slicker. Praet and Nacho have to start for me going forward. Vardy is spent as a lone striker. Winks seems decent. 3 points on the board, we move.

• Like 1

Lots of positives to take from that, we can see that this style is going to create opportunities, we certainly lacked quality at key moments and poor decision making at times but that will improve over time and if we can bring in some more quality especially in right wing and someone alongside KDH. 

Concerning how many times Cov were able to create good opportunities but that was

largely to us making poor decisions and losing possession which gave Cov the chance to attack our back line. Again i expect this to improve as the manager and coaching staff work with the squad. 

Really positive to see a Manager make positive substitutions that impact the game and good to see a strong mentality to not only get back into the game but to then go on and win it. 

All the new signings looked really good additions, hopefully have Coady back soon and that will make a big difference to our defensive stability. 

Tough test and whilst at times it was a bit nervy it’s good to get a win from a tricky first game. Let’s hope this gives us the springboard to kick on and have a really strong season. 

loved seeing Enzo giving Faes and Vestergaard some pretty animated feedback at the end 😂

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ARM1968 said:

Can’t understand the Kel thing. Surely he fits Enzo’s system far better than Vardy. Vardy as impact. Kel the main man. Early days though. Got the 3pts against a good side. 

Occam's Razor suggests that it's a player power thing, doesn't it?

Bit of a bromance formed their with Winks and KDH :wub:. I was pretty gutted when we bought Winks as I've never been impressed with him but I can honestly say his performance was only eclipsed by 2 goals otherwise he was MOTM. Very impressed. Il go eat my hat now :ph34r:

Exciting game and a good preview of what's still to come. Releasing the ball a bit quicker and closing down is a couple of things that pissed me off but it's first game of the season and no one is at at least 90% match fitness yet. We can only get better and that win will give the lads a good foundation. When the team gets used to Enzo's philosophy, we will be a hard team to beat. Up the foxes 🦊

I’ll take that result and it’s nice to see us battle back 

even enough game , cov are a decent side and will be in top 6-8 

Vardy is a problem that needs sorting and quick, he is not a positive influence on the group when he isn’t playing and judged on that and last number of game he shouldn’t be playing 

if rather have a lucky manager than a great manager , Enzo might be lucky and talented, time will tell 

I really feared for today , glad we got the 3 points 

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan
Just now, Larry_LCFC said:

For patches I thought it was pretty poor. Incredibly pedestrian going forward. A clinical side would have put 4 or 5 past us at the end other end. Maybe it's 1st day nerves but we need to be slicker. Praet and Nacho have to start for me going forward. Vardy is spent as a lone striker. Winks seems decent. 3 points on the board, we move.

You are spot on with this tbf.

A clinical side would have finished us. They would have gone 2 up and it would have been over.

But that’s why we are where we are this season. We are a Championship standard side and this division gives us the opportunity to get back into games if we go behind.

1 minute ago, Samilktray said:

I think the daft sods from the match thread saying we can’t play Enzo ball in the championship after being 1-0 for 10 minutes, need to hang their heads in shame. Just very disappointing and thick behaviour!!! 

Needs more creativity if its going to be sustainable, we still have really soft/stupid players in the spine of the team and without dangerous players at the other end to offset that I can see us being sussed out quite quickly.

1 minute ago, LinekersLugs said:

I’ll take that result and it’s nice to see us battle back 

even enough game , cov are a decent side and will be in top 6-8 

Vardy is a problem that needs sorting and quick, he is not a positive influence on the group when he isn’t playing and judged on that and last number of game he shouldn’t be playing 

if rather have a lucky manager than a great manager , Enzo might be lucky and talented, time will tell 

I really feared for today , glad we got the 3 points 

Coventry will fall off a cliff without Hamer.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Is KDH still the shite player he was at HT? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Largely yes, the parts of his game that make him a poor player are still there, we know he has a half decent left foot. The question is whether he can consistently play like he did in the 2nd half over the course of the season, the first half we had to endure is how he usually plays. Every since he's been here he's had 10 minute spells in most games. It's the 80 minutes of mistakes and very average play that he needs to work on. Hopefully this is just the beginning.

My one concern is that other teams watching that we'll see that we're very vulnerable on the break. Teams with a pacy forward line will be licking their lips. Cov really should have scored 3 or 4. Vestergaard in particular was caught out numerous times. He's so slow, it's criminal.