Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

Leicester 2 Coventry 1 post match thread

Glad we’re clearly in the market for two players who would instantly upgrade what we saw today. Casadei and Rak-Sakyi in for Ndidi and McAteer. Get a nice versatile AM/forward and replace Daka if he goes

• Like 2

Extremely glad to get the 3 points. Would have been miserable to not only lose it, but to Cov. Good start to the season with lots of promising play. Considering the lack of pre-season, we looked fitter than Coventry, especially playing for 100mins. 

Can't wait til were actually fully up and running. Hopefully sooner rather than later. 

• Like 3

I'm guessing there was meltdowns everywhere on here then... 

Thought we played well. Was obvious kel would be better than vardy in this system. They had s good 20 minutes second half but overall thought we were the better side. That said we need a creative player in the middle. 

A win against a said that hadn't lost away in 9 and will be one of the better in the division. We'll only get better aswell. 

Good day imo. 

The mental approach to the game was always going to be more important than the finished article on the pitch.  Today that was immense in the second half to turn that around.

The play in the first half tore through Cov at ease as well.

Won't be long until we see a 3 0 scoreline this season once everything clicks.

We were too slow all over the pitch, the only difference between us and Cov were the occasional flashes of Premier League quality from the players who had it, take that away and we would have lost.

Its going to be an interesting season, we either devolop fast and play to our strengths/ best players and wil be in the top end shake up at the end of the season or we will struggle.

Hopefully the new Managers ability to learn and adapt is better than dodo Rodgers. Subs that were appropriate and made a possitive difference give me hope.

More positives from negatives and I’m sure any negatives will be ironed out with some transfer activity and match practice.

we have some real talent in our team and just need to keep playing our game and it will click - as it did late in this game.

we need 2 wingers, an 8 and a centre back. Vestergaard, Castagne and Soumare to go. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Christ they were shit lol

I was surprised how off the pace they looked and then how quickly they got tired by about 70-75mins. Maybe it was a combination of the early season rustiness and chasing the ball in midfield. 

That Simms shot just before they scored was comical lol lol

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, HesNotGudjonsonn2 said:

I thought Mavididi needs to add some diversity to his take-ons. He kept trying to take someone on down the line and it got snuffed out. Maybe I am just too used to Barnes alternating with bringing it in and then flying back down the channel. I know I am comparing him to Barnes which is a little unfair and also it was his debut. 

There was rarely anyone on the inside of him to play off of and no overlap which makes his job harder.

15 minutes ago, Bourbon Fox said:

These signings:

Mads looked comfortable and pulled off some proper saves to keep us in it. Not sure about the high crosses but I'm very happy with him on today's performance.

Mavididi - grew into the game, had a great engine right to the whistle and showed some lovely feet, wants the ball and makes things happen.

Doyle - looked like an upgrade on Thomas in the position, solid enough.

Winks - bossed it. Always on, wants the ball, great distribution, oozed class.

I'll include McAteer - had a decent game, strong on the ball for the most part, always an outlet, saw a couple whipped in with his right foot which is good to see. He'll be good cover on the right but would like to see a more experienced winger come in.

Put Coady in the middle for Pannik and I think we'd have a much more comfortable afternoon.

Dont think hes a winger at all personally. Think his future lies central

I think it’s so much better and encouraging to identify things that we can improve on from a position of strength - Off the back of a win rather than trying to lift people and change things after defeats.

it’s a nice feeling.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, egg_fried_rice said:

Other than Boro, the only sides that were “better” than Cov over the course of last season are now playing in the premier league.

It seemed to me some people in the match thread were seriously overreacting a little early. We’re not perfect - no team is - but there were plenty of positives from today’s game and I’m sure the coaching team will have learnt a lot too.

Southampton and Boro will likely be better than Coventry, possibly Leeds too if Sinisterra stays too. They might make play-offs, but I wouldn't place too big a bet on them making automatic. 

We have work to do, but at least something to build on and players to work with. I suspect we might be the kind of team who'll be vicious once things click and we get some momentum. k

16 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Christ they were shit lol

Great result and some really positive progress but if we defended like that against a Prem side we'd have shipped a cricket score. 

Massive difference in quality, but we don't have to worry about that for at least a season.

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 2