Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Iran

Yunus Akgün

What I find annoying is if true we a getting an obligation for about 8.5 mill on a player that has had a poor pit part season in turkey and we can’t shift players on that have have played in prem. if I was a Gala fan, this guy seems the tk fit the very definition of deadwood. To think they could get 10 mill euros for him, i couldn’t quite believe it 😂

41 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Neither would be that much for FFP, it would be the transfer fee divided by the length of the contract per year.

But we could effectively be paying a premium for not paying anything this season ?   Would FFP allow that ?  A very suppressed loan fee with an inflated obligation fee to compensate ??

• Like 2

I remember most people on this message board saying what a nightmare signing Akanji would be. Couple of weeks later, Pep signs him, wins triple and an integral part of one of the best clubs sides we’ve ever seen.  On that basis, give them £10m 😆

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, DezFox said:

What I find annoying is if true we a getting an obligation for about 8.5 mill on a player that has had a poor pit part season in turkey and we can’t shift players on that have have played in prem. if I was a Gala fan, this guy seems the tk fit the very definition of deadwood. To think they could get 10 mill euros for him, i couldn’t quite believe it 😂

I think there’s something loss in translation and that we’ll have an option to buy at 8.5M that will trigger his release. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

I do like that we are essentially getting the lad that Tete has replaced at Gala 🤣

We are in the Championship though, not the Premier League. Tete may have been amazing in this division, I suspect he would be.

If we get promoted we may be lumbered with some players who were good in the Championship, but not in the Premier League, but it's an understandable risk to take.

What if he's absolutely class and we've got ourselves a gem? 

I know that wouldn't be very Leicester City like but I trust Enzo's eye on potential players coming in over my own reservations.

IN ENZO WE TRUST.

• Like 1

Foxestalk

Good player - Watch YouTube highlights reel, talk as though you've an indepth knowledge of the player, watched him "quite a few times" get all excited - turns out to be poor

Bad player - Watch YouTube highlights reel, talk as though you've an indepth knowledge of the player, watched him "quite a few times" stay away, not happy - could only mean this guy is gonna be a world beater surely?? :ph34r:

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Jimbo said:

Foxestalk

Good player - Watch YouTube highlights reel, talk as though you've an indepth knowledge of the player, watched him "quite a few times" get all excited - turns out to be poor

Bad player - Watch YouTube highlights reel, talk as though you've an indepth knowledge of the player, watched him "quite a few times" stay away, not happy - could only mean this guy is gonna be a world beater surely?? :ph34r:

I get this, but given or current financial position, our need for an instant return to prem, current wage layout and past mistakes of signing players for too much money. Pair that with the fact that his own club fans consider him under performing deadwood. You can see why this is being questioned, especially if it’s an obligation to buy? 

is it too much to ask to be excited by a transfer and think we got a good deal. Just feels along time since that happened. 

As a few others have said, reminds me of Knockaert from those videos. Looks slow but comfortable with both feet and will turn and twist players and chip in with a handful of goals too. I think he has potential to be a fan favourite similar to Knockaert in the Championship, but struggle to make the step up to the Premier League. 

59 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

But we could effectively be paying a premium for not paying anything this season ?   Would FFP allow that ?  A very suppressed loan fee with an inflated obligation fee to compensate ??

...if the total fee is 10m euros which include a loan fee, then I would suspect we are liable for the loan fee in this financial year and the balance paid next season!!!

If we do go up, then such a outstanding balance would be negligible.

2 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...if the total fee is 10m euros which include a loan fee, then I would suspect we are liable for the loan fee in this financial year and the balance paid next season!!!

If we do go up, then such a outstanding balance would be negligible.

Probably also includes conditional clauses (e.g. number of appearances, whether or not we get promoted, etc.) 

2 hours ago, Aleksz said:

Oh yeah no doubt about it. In my opinion the Piroe ship sailed once it became relatively clear Kel was going to stick around as they’re very similar in profile.

Was just an example of a loan to buy vs buying now.

I don't think either of these elements is nailed on - but it has nothing to do with this thread so i won't start that debate....

9 minutes ago, DezFox said:

I get this, but given or current financial position, our need for an instant return to prem, current wage layout and past mistakes of signing players for too much money. Pair that with the fact that his own club fans consider him under performing deadwood. You can see why this is being questioned, especially if it’s an obligation to buy? 

is it too much to ask to be excited by a transfer and think we got a good deal. Just feels along time since that happened. 

I think there could be something lost in translation. If I remember correctly Turkish reports were reporting an "obligation" to buy Under when he came here, which later turned out to be an "option". Plus we'll never know the true value of the transfer anyway.

Also, €10m isn't a lot of money these days but I'd like to think it's lower than that anyway, and as others have said, that could be the total value of the package including loan fees. On the subject of wages, he's a young guy playing in Turkey, he'll be on 15-20k per week. Compare that to Castange's 65k a week and it really isn't a lot. 

I get that it's a bit underwhelming, especially if the Galatasaray fans aren't upset to see him go, but Turkish fans are highly demanding and let's not forget they almost expect to be in the champions league every season.

There is no such thing as a good deal anymore, finding a Mahrez isn't going to happen every single year, and when you do, especially in this country, they get hyped up so much that one of the big heads is going to get ripped off. Look at Caicedo, good player but British transfer fee record good? I don't think so. English clubs are always going to pay higher fees, clubs in the continent know what money we have, and we're seen as a bigger club now, so they'll add 20% on to any fee they'd quote to anyone else. 

I'm a bit "meh" about this transfer, but I'm not going to write him off. 2 weeks ago I'd never even heard of the fella, and there won't be many on here who can actually say with any truth, that they've watched a fair bit of Turkish football.

Everyone goes off a highlights reel and decides we're signing the next Maradona or just takes what fans say from his current club and decides he's garbage, neither of which give us any idea of how he'll fit the system. 

• Like 1