Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Iran

Yunus Akgün

1 minute ago, Billy Big Balls said:

When Barnes first got into the Leicester team his worst attribute was finishing. Over the years we turned him into a goal machine. Hopefully Akgun can get the same coaching! 

You beat me by about 3 seconds which I didn't anticipate at 4am! 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, st albans fox said:

But we could effectively be paying a premium for not paying anything this season ?   Would FFP allow that ?  A very suppressed loan fee with an inflated obligation fee to compensate ??

I also think the €10m fee being quoted is the best case for Gala and includes any add ons etc.

35 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The system Maresca plays, the goalscorers are mainly going to be the advancing midfielders. I would hope the LW and RW can both score goals too but its equally as important that there's certain players who are extremely creative and the one thing Akgün seems to do first and foremost is rack up assists.

I'm concerned our strikers in this system don't get the level of chances they might and if Akgün could help provide that then that's another positive.

Wanya fluffed about 5 crosses at the weekend that Nacho would have gobbled up if they’d landed in the right spot. We essentially just need someone to get 1 out of 5 of those right rather than every single one wrong. 

Not a criticism of Wanya by the way. He’s young and learning and ahead of his level at present 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

I disagree that the attacking 8’s are the main goal threat. Goals are supposed to be spread out between all of the front 5 so each of them would be expected to reach at least 10 goals in a 46 game season. Unlike Rodgers, when we attack we get a lot of men forwards so there’s more chance of finding a free man or wining a goalmouth scramble. 

@Billy Big Balls called it right though, we are after the symmetrical version of Mavididi to provide balance to the side. It will make the whole system work better. Also even if this player has some limitations, only a handful of clubs can spend 10m euro in this division, so quality wise anyone we bring in will be pretty good. Mavididi already proves this. 

I just hope we don’t stop with this guy. We need at least one more tricky winger for depth. 

It will be nice to see some players who genuinely take on their main again! In his pomp, Mahrez was electric to watch. 

Maybe I'm blinded by what I've seen so far but the best goalscoring chances have come from our two 8's. We carve out at least 2 good chances a game for them and although there's been plenty of other chances from a nerdy xG view I suspect the chances created for the advancing midfielders have been our best.

It's a small snapshot though and as Maresca says, we're only a fraction of the team and unit that he plans, but whilst we're a huge work in progress I think a supply line of quality in to the box for players to attack is essential. Akgün might well be that.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bablemikey said:

Disappointed that we seem to be picking someone with very questionable finishing but I guess that's the pond we're fishing in now.

If it makes you feel any better, he's technically proficient. It's not that he can't shoot, he's got pretty nice technique. You look at the goals he does score, he finishes very smartly. 

What lacks is more mental which is probably easier to work on with time, confidence and experience. 

People comparing him to Barnes which is not unfair. Barnes was rushing and hitting all of his shots straight at the keeper in his first six to nine months in the first team. 

Yunus did fine out on loan but seems to struggle with the weight of expectation of playing for his boyhood club at Gala and, let's be honest, their fans are demanding to say the least. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

If it makes you feel any better, he's technically proficient. It's not that he can't shoot, he's got pretty nice technique. You look at the goals he does score, he finishes very smartly. 

What lacks is more mental which is probably easier to work on with time, confidence and experience. 

People comparing him to Barnes which is not unfair. Barnes was rushing and hitting all of his shots straight at the keeper in his first six to nine months in the first team. 

Yunus did fine out on loan but seems to struggle with the weight of expectation of playing for his boyhood club at Gala and, let's be honest, their fans are demanding to say the least. 

He can definitely finish. If he's not scoring enough, it's probably a mental issue as you say. 

I'm choosing to believe that Maresca has discussed the player with Montello, who has assured him that Akgün is a potential gem who just needs a bit of coaching to take him to the next level - in other words, exactly the kind of signing we should be looking for...

I usually grimace at tired comparisons to where past successful players of ours were at the stage of their careers when they came to us. However Mahrez is one whom is worth considering, his end product at a similar age to Akgün at possibly an inferior level to the top Turkish league was on paper way off. His transformation in that regard inside 18-24 months was astonishing.

Akgün would be expected to improve under the coaching of Maresca and provide goals as well as the assists he seems natural at doing. 

• Like 1

One thing that sets you apart in the championship is technical ability. As we know the league is competitive but if you have an ounce of technical ability, like KDH you stand out. Yunus has bags of technical ability. His touch, his dribbling, close control and passing is seriously good. Maresca will love him. A young player he can refine, you can improve end product much easier than improving a players technical qualities. Gala fans seem to all say the same. He was an Exceptional talent who’s lost his way. He just lacks confidence and conviction, which he hasn’t been able to address as gala are signing some very good players (mertens, zaha, ziyech) etc. giving yunus less opportunity to start games. I think he will be a very good singing.

1 hour ago, Ryy said:

Still with them so can’t be that close https://x.com/galatasaraysk/status/1693903662140248328?s=46

Oddly enough he'll still be with them until they sell him. which could be today, tomorrow, the last day of the window or never.