Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Iran

Yunus Akgün

2 minutes ago, KFS said:

Quite a few Turkish sources saying he’ll play the Molde game before flying to England 

Very strange way to do business. An injury and the whole deal is off. 

I am starting to question these Turkish sources. Have we had any credible UK sources suggest this is happening and not just parrot the Turkish ones?

Percy? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, STUHILL said:

Very strange way to do business. An injury and the whole deal is off. 

I am starting to question these Turkish sources. Have we had any credible UK sources suggest this is happening and not just parrot the Turkish ones?

Percy? 

Hopefully it’s bullshit, don’t want him. Doesn’t seem

good enough, we’d do well to give him a swerve. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Thebluefox85 said:

this smells of a ghazzel signing 💀

I’m less than convinced on this one but I think that’s an unfair parallel to draw. Monaco fans were actively telling us how terrible Ghezzal was and couldn’t believe their luck. By and large, Galatasaray fans seem to think there’s a player in Akgun. 

17 minutes ago, Thebluefox85 said:

this smells of a ghazzel signing 💀

For every Mahrez, there's a Ghazzel, for every Kante there's a Soumare, for every Vardy there's a Musa. The very nature of transfers means some will be successful, others not so. Signings like Cottee, Morgan, Simpson in the past and more so Winks recently were full of scepticism, but turned out to be shrewd buys. I agree, buying a talent from a league perceived not to be as good as ours is a risk, but sometimes they pay off. For a variety of reasons players scouted in their own league find it difficult to adapt to ours. Hopefully this is a loan with an option to buy so we can take a look at him at low risk. 

Edited by MGLCFC
  • Like 3

31 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

For every Mahrez, there's a Ghazzel, for every Kante there's a Soumare, for every Vardy there's a Musa. The very nature of transfers means some will be successful, others not so. Signings like Cottee, Morgan, Simpson in the past and more so Winks recently were full of scepticism, but turned out to be shrewd buys. I agree, buying a talent from a league perceived not to be as good as ours is a risk, but sometimes they pay off. For a variety of reasons players scouted in their own league find it difficult to adapt to ours. Hopefully this is a loan with an option to buy so we can take a look at him at low risk. 

No place for sound think and logic on here! Just attention seeking opinions! 😂

I think sometimes the success of a signing can depend on the manager too. 

I think with Ghezzal, he just never adapted to the game…. Puel wanted him, and I wonder if we actually did as a club? But he simply never settled.

Under I don’t think was wanted by Rodgers, which was abundantly clear with how little of a chance he was given, and I think that was the start of the breakdown between Rodgers and Cags…. 

With Tete, I will defend @Ric Flair, he is a quality player…. But he came into a side headed up by a bloke who would rather be anywhere else than Leicester, at this point in his tenure, he didn’t give a shit, most of the players didn’t give a shit, and the ownership was blissfully unaware that the club was unravelling like a mouldy fruit winder. 

The environment you enter as a player is vital, if it’s a negative one it’s extremely difficult for any player to flourish, look at any relegated team in history, how often do their January signings make a difference? Very rarely. 

As a club we are healing, Enzo is the perfect remedy for the issues we’re having, because he’s come from a club that’s run properly from head to toe, and he knows what he wants. So far, all of our signings have made sense, in previous years they haven’t….. for example Castagne was signed when we probably didn’t need him? Yes he’s been fairly steady for us, but the money spent on him could have been spent on a winger. The transfer policy has taken a nose dive over the last few years, and what I like about Enzo is he is signing players that will fit into his system….. which is what we need. 

If this lad comes in, it will be because of a particular trait Enzo wants….. like Harry Winks, for example….. statistically you think “how will he improve us, there’s no creativity”, but players like Winks are integral when you’re wanting to play like we are…. Every possession based team needs a catalyst to bring everything together, to be always available for the ball and to ensure the ball is kept moving…. Many great possession based teams have had players like this. 

Hopefully we can get this and a few more deals wrapped up, then HMS piss the league will be ready to properly set sail. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Jobyfox said:

Ok folks. So the Turkish word for:

“Dolphin” is …… “Yunus” 

On the basis of that alone…. Gerrrimminnn!!! 

IMG_2117.jpeg

His second name in Kurdish means Battery lol... so depending on where he's from...