Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Iran

Yunus Akgün

Just now, Finnegan said:

Can we please, please, please, please - I'm absolutely begging everyone - please accept right now that there's a very high chance the club will wait til after the weekend to make any announcement on this. 

The squad will be focused on the Rotherham game, we don't tend to do new signing announcements at the weekend, it's a bank holiday, hell it wouldn't even surprise me if we don't announce until after Tranmere. 

There's a big chance he's not in the squad until the Hull game and that's completely normal and fine. It doesn't mean it isn't happening or something has gone wrong. 

I would say there is little to no chance that he's announced this week. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

IMG_6314.jpeg

25 games we have 43, I hope that's a good enough time to establish if we want to make that permanent. While we are winning, it may be worth keeping the team as is, to use up some of those other 18 games. See what he's like in training for a couple weeks.

4 minutes ago, Scotch said:

I would say there is little to no chance that he's announced this week. 

Probably not this month!

"And we've been told Leicester have requested a late deal sheet for up to 7 players".

Stay up til 2 am. One got through but 14 seconds and all that.

I'm taking a sleeping pill that night.

Edited by gw_leics772

5 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Can we please, please, please, please - I'm absolutely begging everyone - please accept right now that there's a very high chance the club will wait til after the weekend to make any announcement on this. 

The squad will be focused on the Rotherham game, we don't tend to do new signing announcements at the weekend, it's a bank holiday, hell it wouldn't even surprise me if we don't announce until after Tranmere. 

There's a big chance he's not in the squad until the Hull game and that's completely normal and fine. It doesn't mean it isn't happening or something has gone wrong. 

No!! I refuse to accept this.  

I want another 50 pages of speculation and dolphin 🐬 puns first!! 

34 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

fair do’s  (my mistake to think the nobble sticking out was to pull the tray forwards on a front row - in retrospect they wouldn’t have one row of business and there isn’t likely to be an exit row in business on a brum or manc flight 

image.thumb.png.88be6a36b87687ebb29d3d486d01e401.png

Their short haul business class product, their long haul is exceptional as is the IST lounge.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

No we can't.  

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Why on earth would we do that :frantics:

• Haha 1

Just now, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Looking forward immensely to watching all of his 24 appearances in a Leicester shirt.

Can’t wait to see him stripped and ready to come on to make his 25th appearance last game of the season only for the full time whistle to go

2 minutes ago, FosseSpark said:

maybe they will play Akgun, Marcal and Assahaku in rotation on the right and trigger neither buy option,leaving them free to make a decision based on how the season pans out....

wouldn't be surprised.

Which seems pretty smart! There's competition for places, if someone smashes it we sign them permanently, if none of them work out, we have not invested much to try them out.

I also think these players won't just be playing on the right. Maresca will swap them over sometimes during the game or even when they come on. We need lots of wingers because the way we play will tire the opposition out, so bringing on those tricky players with 20-2 to go is going to get us a lot of late winners. Even more than we already have been scoring!

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Weller Wing said:

Just seen him in Costas at Birmingham Airport. 

Nacho's in there as well ,doing The Times crossword 

Could someone ask Nacho the answer to 9 down

“Just one snitch spilled the beans”

9 letters

S - - - L - - - - 

thanks 

22 minutes ago, Gman said:

Not to forget though, in Turkey, players are under constant scrutiny and pressure from fans. So it can be hard to remain resilient

He'll know what true scrutiny feels like after his third misplaced pass at the King Power! 

34 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Nah. Full on meltdown if he isn't announced by 11 am. 

• Haha 1

We've got a promising turkish winger who played a blinder midweek in a tough environment.

Southampton are getting 30 year old Ryan 'bags packed by November' Fraser on loan.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Gman said:

Here is an honest review from gala fan. Fans had high hopes for him but expectations weren't really met. He has some moves and talent for sure but his decisions making is flawed and sometimes he is just trying too much. His link up play is mediocre at best. He is mentally fragile, and that's what he should improve to reveal his potential. Following couple bad games, he displays a glimmer of intelligence and makes you doubt if he has more to offer just like he did in the last Molde game. Not to forget though, in Turkey, players are under constant scrutiny and pressure from fans. So it can be hard to remain resilient. He also needs to gain strength to survive the physical contacts there. Hope he turns out well for you in the end. 

I hear he thrived in a counter attacking system in 21-22 but massively struggled against low blocks for Galatasaray. Currently we are a heavily possession based team facing low blocks most weeks.

Do you think Akgun has what it takes to play in such a system or have we targetted the wrong profile of player?