Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Iran

Yunus Akgün

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Someone (might even have been you?) was making the point the other day that Rodgers didn't really want his players dribbling. It was one, two touch most and pass was supposed to be the plan. 

Maresca already has shown he likes his players to carry it. Wingers beating their man 1 V 1, midfielders surging through the park - even Winks off the leash to go charging up the middle. 

Think Tete and Under would both have really thrived with Maresca which is a little sad. 

Not sure it was me but I do have the same opinion and agree.

There's an art (a simple one?) to possession football and it's not just pass, pass, pass. It's about the off-the-ball movement as much as what you do with it. And structured movement, not just players running about for the sake of it. So many of our impatient fans want the ball to just be pumped up, but even for 5 minutes I'd love for such fans that sit near me just watch some of the movement off the ball by players to make space for the wingers. It's timing, accuracy, positioning that all come in to the tactics. Maresca seems more of a master of it within a couple of months than Rodgers was at it for several.

Maresca seems able to make this work (even if it is a bit rough round the edges for now) with slight tweaks against varying types of opposition with players that aren't even playing in their natural positions and still learning. Rodgers was just stubborn enough to try it against every opposition in the hope that it would click - it did vs Villa away and Spurs at home, but very rarely did he change which was so frustrating. 

Anyway, enough about the notepad lover and constant clapper. Viva Maresca!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Someone (might even have been you?) was making the point the other day that Rodgers didn't really want his players dribbling. It was one, two touch most and pass was supposed to be the plan. 

Maresca already has shown he likes his players to carry it. Wingers beating their man 1 V 1, midfielders surging through the park - even Winks off the leash to go charging up the middle. 

Think Tete and Under would both have really thrived with Maresca which is a little sad. 

We just jest with @Ric Flair on how wrong he got it on Tete but in fairness Rodgers hampered the decent players we had with his style. Tete should have been a nuisance but Rogers took that Brazilian flair away from us. When he was shouting at Alves 3 touches, yes fck off Rogers you Berkshire Hunt. So hopefully these additions and possibly including Abdul Fatawu Issahaku we'll see tricky driving runs that these player's have been bought to play. 

Get more players in the box and we'll have better success against deep blocks. Especially back end of matches. 

Edited by Lesta Legend
  • Like 2

Just now, FoxinNotts said:

I'd imagine he'd be at the game on Saturday, in Rotherham, then he'll be unveiled on Monday

I doubt we'd be distracting Enzo from match preparations with a signing. Leave all that for Sunday, and present to media on Monday 

Bank holiday Monday. I presume Rudkin will be on a city break.

• Haha 2

Does make sense to have a loan with an option. We can bin him off if he's crap like we did with Under and Tete. Hopefully the club have learnt lessons about splurging on players that end up not being good enough, Soumare, Daka, Silva, Slimani just to name a few 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

I'd imagine he'd be at the game on Saturday, in Rotherham, then he'll be unveiled on Monday

I doubt we'd be distracting Enzo from match preparations with a signing. Leave all that for Sunday, and present to media on Monday 

Registration deadline is sometime later today, I highly doubt the club want to miss that.

He'll be on the bench come tomorrow, no doubt 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Long Eaton Fox said:

My only concern is gala are replacing akgun with tete. Gala must think tete is better.

Tete may have looked to us like the worst Brazilian since Stevie Wonder's wife let him have a go with the Immac, but he could have thrived in a decent system. It may also be that they consider Tete more suited to their system than Akgun.

Edited by Bilo
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, MadsEmil said:

Registration deadline is sometime later today, I highly doubt the club want to miss that.

Bloke looked ****ing shattered on that plane. This week he has flown to Norway, played a champions league game, flown back home, now flown to the UK and having to do a medical.

He'll play next week.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I'll take that bet. 

Absolutely no chance. 

It's a marathon not a sprint. He'll probably start against Hull and that's fine. 

Finners is right. 

9 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I'll take that bet. 

Absolutely no chance. 

It's a marathon not a sprint. He'll probably start against Hull and that's fine. 

Looks a pretty safe bet given the midday deadline has already passed 😂 

12 minutes ago, MadsEmil said:

We didn’t rush Casedai through and he was based in the UK, no chance we get this guy in for tomorrow. Actually already too late. Registration is noon on Friday to play subsequent match. It’ll be next week if it happens 

38 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Need to make sure he signs before he sees Rotherham I feel.

• Haha 1