Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ian Nacho

Burton Albion (A) 09/08/23 - Pre-Match Thread

iversen / jakob

Jj Souttar nelson vk/thomas 

hamza

wilf.            praet 

nacho                      mavidua

daka 

Full rotation for me, with ndidi making up the numbers 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Simmo86 said:

No need to make many changes at all really. Should be an extension of pre season.

Souttar, Praet and Kel in for Vesty, Ndidi and Vards

Think we need to wrap Winks up in cotton wool.

Also if Jakub Stolarczyk is back up keeper we need to get him some game time.

Mixture of continuity and giving minutes to others. I would keep Hermansen, Doyle, KDH and Madvididi in. 

Daka with Iheanacho in a free role, probably keep McAteer in too. 

Can't afford to lose Ricardo or Winks so rest both. Problem is I'm not sure Justin can play the role Ricardo is. 

If we're doing a full XI rotation, something like this, with Justin tucking in from the left? No clue tbh 😆😅

edit: Swap Kristiansen with Thomas if VK is still injured

image.png.65b646699b510526d4535e7a7a1dd3d5.png

Edited by lfu

Mads 

JJ Faes Souttar Thomas 

Hamza

Preat KDH

McAteer Mavididi

Iheanacho

Full strength with a few rested. The more minutes the first team can get with the new system the better. Use our subs to rest a few once the games won. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I think Maresca will keep 7 or 8 of the same players involved. Right now it's important to improve the fluency of the team combinations and you can only do that by playing matches together!

Agreed. He’ll probably rest Winks and Ricardo… and probably bring Souttar and Praet in too. The rest all need a few more minutes and practice within the system. 

23 minutes ago, Aleksz said:

Agreed. He’ll probably rest Winks and Ricardo… and probably bring Souttar and Praet in too. The rest all need a few more minutes and practice within the system. 

That's the two I don't think he will rest! I think he will give them 45 minutes. In today's game they ran the show when we were on top and are pivotal to how we play. They are the metronome of this Leicester City side.

In a few months time, we will need to learn to play when those two are not playing, but early momentum is important, and I think for this reason Maresca will stick rather than twist. @Ian Nacho jokingly calls it an extension of pre-season, but I don't think that's far from the truth. In the Coventry game, the first 45 as almost spot-on in terms of control of the game, but we didn't make enough chances. In the second half after being second best for a long time, we made a lot of chances, but lost control. So I think Maresca will not deviate much from his plan until we play like this for a full 90, unless new signings come into the team.

But let's see what happens, I could definitely be wrong!

17 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

That's the two I don't think he will rest! I think he will give them 45 minutes. In today's game they ran the show when we were on top and are pivotal to how we play. They are the metronome of this Leicester City side.

In a few months time, we will need to learn to play when those two are not playing, but early momentum is important, and I think for this reason Maresca will stick rather than twist. @Ian Nacho jokingly calls it an extension of pre-season, but I don't think that's far from the truth. In the Coventry game, the first 45 as almost spot-on in terms of control of the game, but we didn't make enough chances. In the second half after being second best for a long time, we made a lot of chances, but lost control. So I think Maresca will not deviate much from his plan until we play like this for a full 90, unless new signings come into the team.

But let's see what happens, I could definitely be wrong!

I don’t disagree at all mate - but with Ricardo’s injury record, and winks’ total importance to the way we play, I think he might just give them a miss.

• Like 1