Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ian Nacho

Burton Albion (A) 09/08/23 - Pre-Match Thread

3 games in just over a week is asking for trouble if we risk the likes of Mavididi, KDH & Winks who realistically are likely to be our main outlets for success in games. I'd rather go out the cup than lose one of them for a few weeks like we have Coady.

2 hours ago, Foxes96 said:

Stolarczyk 

Justin - Nelson - Souttar - Thomas 

Praet - Hamza - Soumaré 

Albrighton  -  Iheanacho  -  Wanya

This but maybe have Daka in the front 3 and Albrighton in for Praet.

Most of the time I'd be critical of too many changes but cups are nowhere near a priority this season, just there for squad purposes.

6 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

Mixture of continuity and giving minutes to others. I would keep Hermansen, Doyle, KDH and Madvididi in. 

Daka with Iheanacho in a free role, probably keep McAteer in too. 

Can't afford to lose Ricardo or Winks so rest both. Problem is I'm not sure Justin can play the role Ricardo is. 

Ideal game to give Justin a chance to try and play like Ricardo does. We are going to need him to as there's no way Ricardo plays 46 games..

Stolarczyk

JJ        Souttar     Nelson

Hamza     Thomas

N’didi                Soumare 

Timmy C                    WMM

Daka

when we attack, when we defend Thomas into left back, good chance for minutes for backups and for some to sell themselves a bit

I have a hard time believing Stolarczyk is nailed on this considering spent the first half of last season not getting a game in league one and the second half getting relegated from league two. I assume he was on the bench as a message to do something about Ward and Iversen. Would rather see Willy or Smithies. 1

8 hours ago, adejo92 said:

3 games in just over a week is asking for trouble if we risk the likes of Mavididi, KDH & Winks who realistically are likely to be our main outlets for success in games. I'd rather go out the cup than lose one of them for a few weeks like we have Coady.

Exactly, lose any of these 3 or Ricky P, and it wouldnt be pretty, all are pivotal to the system with no like for like replacement

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NewEnglandFox said:

I have a hard time believing Stolarczyk is nailed on this considering spent the first half of last season not getting a game in league one and the second half getting relegated from league two. I assume he was on the bench as a message to do something about Ward and Iversen. Would rather see Willy or Smithies. 1

He is the only 1 of the 3 who can play with his feet in a similar way to Mads.

People have been calling for us to trust youth more for the last 3 or 4 season.

Enzo seems to be a manager who want to do just that.

• Like 1

I think Stolcyrk will start in cup games, need to keep him up to speed. We have to protect Faes, Ricardo, Winks, KDH and Mavididi. Will also be interesting to see how many of the players who have been told to find other clubs or have concrete interest are involved. 

out of the players who started yesterday, I would happily see Vesty, Ndidi, McAteer and Vardy start as I think it’s likely they either need game tine to improve sharpness or highly likely to be benched for Huddersfield 

2 hours ago, Cincinnati Fox said:

So I signed for foxes player at $180! And the first 3 games on espn!

...I  believed the concensus was that Foxes Hub was not value for money!!!

Why would you choose to go down this line, when the amount of games set to be televised on that media could not be determined and subject to changes by Sky and other media outlets.

The suggestion of the use of IPTV or a vpn, surely would have been a better route.

10 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

That's the two I don't think he will rest! I think he will give them 45 minutes. In today's game they ran the show when we were on top and are pivotal to how we play. They are the metronome of this Leicester City side.

In a few months time, we will need to learn to play when those two are not playing, but early momentum is important, and I think for this reason Maresca will stick rather than twist. @Ian Nacho jokingly calls it an extension of pre-season, but I don't think that's far from the truth. In the Coventry game, the first 45 as almost spot-on in terms of control of the game, but we didn't make enough chances. In the second half after being second best for a long time, we made a lot of chances, but lost control. So I think Maresca will not deviate much from his plan until we play like this for a full 90, unless new signings come into the team.

But let's see what happens, I could definitely be wrong!

add KDH to that too, i cant see him risking him either for some reason

I can see key players not playing, Doyle,Faes, Ricky P, Winks, Hermansen  Vardy, 

im sure we'll see some younger lads get a go, Nelson Jakob, McAteer, 

I imagine we will rotate depending on fitness. Whatever we do on Tuesday it should allow us to do the following against Huddersfield:

Hermansen

Justin Faes Doyle

Ricardo Winks

Daka? Praet KDH Mavididi

Iheanacho

Any chance we might see Thomas as left-back inverting into midfield à la Ricardo but on the other side? Would make sense to have an option like that on the left and would possibly help mitigate Thomas's lack of pace which inhibits him from being a great modern up-and-down full-back.

He's always been a decent passer, I think, ever since he broke into the team. He'd have a different role to, say, Ricardo as he won't be able to break the lines as well while carrying the ball. But, he could work well alongside a destroyer like Choudhury perhaps when given the opportunity to pick people out from that position. Could be one to test out in games like this.

Edited by ALC Fox

Mads 

Justin    Souttar      Nelson    Thomas 

Praet        Winks      KDH 

McAteer                   Kalechi               Wanya 

I want to see Justin playing as a right sided CB…. But who would fill the right back role then? 

If big Cass is here by this game, I’d a lot him into the midfield over KDH maybe to save those meaty legs.

Edited by Pliskin

Stolarcyzk

Justin Souttar Kristiansen

Ndidi Hamza

Albrighton(c) Praet McAteer Mavididi

Daka

Ndidi to drop into the back four for the out-of-possession 4-3-3.

I'd like to see what McAteer can offer centrally but when you're looking to rotate the two number 8s it highlights how weak we are in that area.

If we can get Casadei in before this then rest McAteer and play Casadei.