Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ian Nacho

Burton Albion (A) 09/08/23 - Pre-Match Thread

5 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

bit random but i am in Northampton Wednesday night with work. Any locals to Northampton know of anywhere decent to watch it? As its on Sky i am guess places will have it on ? 

Where in Northampton are you going to be - town centre ? Outskirts ?

Just now, goose2010 said:

Town centre. Eating at the Smoke Pit before.

Smoke Pitt is decent - they don't have TV/Sky though. But you're in the middle of Town so you won't be far from a boozer with Sky.

I'd personally head to Wellingborough Road (welly road) and get a pub along there with Sky.

4 minutes ago, whitlock said:

Smoke Pitt is decent - they don't have TV/Sky though. But you're in the middle of Town so you won't be far from a boozer with Sky.

I'd personally head to Wellingborough Road (welly road) and get a pub along there with Sky.

think we will be in there early doors about 6:30 so should be out for 8 ish. Been to the fish and chip pub (cant remember its name) before for the football but not sure how far that is from smoke pit? 

Hermansen should play I reckon - give him as much game time as possible to settle in to the position. Plenty of changes outfield though please. I'd go:

Mads

Justin  Souttar Faes Castagne

Hamza   Praet

Albrighton  Kels  Wanya

Daka

• Like 1

10 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...I  believed the concensus was that Foxes Hub was not value for money!!!

Why would you choose to go down this line, when the amount of games set to be televised on that media could not be determined and subject to changes by Sky and other media outlets.

The suggestion of the use of IPTV or a vpn, surely would have been a better route.

Because it’s an individual decision what a responsible adult does with his money?  In no way subject to your ever-sanctimonious judgment?

Speaking only for myself, I want to support the club, and if they can provide a reliable, quality product it’s worth the $180 to me.  But if they deliver freeze-prone one-camera video, it will be ESPN+ plus whatever streams I can or cannot get to work on my old burner laptop.  More power to all who take the trouble to watch the games, however they choose to do so.

I’m not going to decide until August 31, so will be grateful for early reports on FoxesHub from folks like @Cincinnati Foxand @The_77.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, KingsX said:

Because it’s an individual decision what a responsible adult does with his money?  In no way subject to your ever-sanctimonious judgment?

Speaking only for myself, I want to support the club, and if they can provide a reliable, quality product it’s worth the $180 to me.  But if they deliver freeze-prone one-camera video, it will be ESPN+ plus whatever streams I can or cannot get to work on my old burner laptop.  More power to all who take the trouble to watch the games, however they choose to do so.

I’m not going to decide until August 31, so will be grateful for early reports on FoxesHub from folks like @Cincinnati Foxand @The_77.

You got it, will report back. 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, KingsX said:

I’m not as cool as those two but will report back as well! ESPN+ with the guy talking to himself all game and then the same adverts constantly was certainly different from PL coverage. At least I didn’t have to listen to them spaffing off about Chelsea though! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...I  believed the concensus was that Foxes Hub was not value for money!!!

Why would you choose to go down this line, when the amount of games set to be televised on that media could not be determined and subject to changes by Sky and other media outlets.

The suggestion of the use of IPTV or a vpn, surely would have been a better route.

Do you live in the UK? Foxesplayer better value in US/overseas. Not great but better. 

I’m too old to be scrambling about before a game to find a steam and hoping it works. I spend enough time and effort on this club and other things that over a season it’s not too much. 

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

Got a feeling we're gonna lose this for some reason. Don't think we'll be taking it all that serious.

I would like to think the rewards of getting far and winning this outweighs the negative.. they might aswell give it a go.. just hope it ain’t another Stockport.. only thing is burton will be up for this as it’s their cup final but I’m hoping Leicester will want to impress Enzo 

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

Got a feeling we're gonna lose this for some reason. Don't think we'll be taking it all that serious.

Same because you’d think we’ve worked so hard on the main XI playing this style and then you throw in six or seven to try and implement it again. 

Very rarely dismiss the cup competitions but don’t think an early exit would be a bad thing. 

4 hours ago, izzymuzzet said:

Hermansen should play I reckon - give him as much game time as possible to settle in to the position. Plenty of changes outfield though please. I'd go:

Mads

Justin  Souttar Faes Castagne

Hamza   Praet

Albrighton  Kels  Wanya

Daka

That's a strong team for 9 changes is it? I like it. Play it right and all 3 strikers have a chance of scoring I'm this, give Vardy 15 minutes 

Edited by Beachyboy
  • Like 1

The approach to this depends on what size squad we're hoping to keep after the window shuts. If we're hoping to still have a 25 man squad, then sure, staying in the Cup may be a positive. But if we're looking to trim it down to 20, then there's part of me that logically thinks we'd be better off going out, especially if we have injury issues again. An injury to Mavididi or KDH, for example, leaves us really light in those positions.