Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ian Nacho

Burton Albion (A) 09/08/23 - Pre-Match Thread

5 hours ago, HoustonFox said:

I’m not as cool as those two but will report back as well! ESPN+ with the guy talking to himself all game and then the same adverts constantly was certainly different from PL coverage. At least I didn’t have to listen to them spaffing off about Chelsea though! 

I've watched a Championship match or two per week on ESPN for a few years.  Gotta see what Bristol City look like under Big Nige ... plus there's more to life than the Premier League, right?

You are right though, it's different ... not to mention their comms don't seem to realize that NGP is actually the Second Coming.  :blink:

That said, it's been more than decent.

5 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Got a feeling we're gonna lose this for some reason. Don't think we'll be taking it all that serious.

I have the feeling that Maresca doesn't like to lose so I think he will take it seriously while having a look at different players.

Our fringe/backup players need game time to adapt to the system too. I'd play McAteer again, build up his confidence more, perhaps on the left.

Hermansen

Souttar        Vestergaard      Justin

Castagne               Hamza

Albrighton      Ndidi       Praet       McAteer

Daka

• Like 1

My only hope for this game is James Justin plays, plays an absolute blinder, so good that Enzo can't leave him out, because it baffles me he's not in this team. He is easily good enough to do what Ricardo did, and a gazillion times better than the human statue, he would improves us no end and I hope he forces his way in soon. 

Given what @Sambiasso said about the 4 players who had been told to find new clubs which is Ward, Iversen, Thomas and Soumare I think it’s highly unlikely that any of those will feature, there are also rumours that Castagne, Souttar and Daka are attracting interest and can leave plus Albrighton can go and all of sudden there arent that many changes that can be made without risking injury to a player you want out the door and could raise much need funds and squad space. 

7 hours ago, ts_1010 said:

Interested to see Hamza play instead of Ndidi in this one. 

Chuck Nacho up front, blow them away by 60 minutes. Sub off all the key players like winks and riccy.

When have the club ever done this tactic successfully ? Makes sense but it rarely works as it should 

37 minutes ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

My only hope for this game is James Justin plays, plays an absolute blinder, so good that Enzo can't leave him out, because it baffles me he's not in this team. He is easily good enough to do what Ricardo did, and a gazillion times better than the human statue, he would improves us no end and I hope he forces his way in soon. 

100% . Not so long ago he was picked for England , I guess that injury might have taken a toll though 

7 hours ago, FoxInTheBox89 said:

How we watching this in the UK? Is it on FoxesHub or Sky or anything?

Satellite TV (for those not in UK physically or Digitally):

Burton Albion v Leicester City
ST: 20:00
  Arena Premium 2 HD BiH     
  Arena Premium 3 HD Serbia     
  Arena Sport 3 HD Croatia     
  beIN Connect FRANCE 📺    
  beIN Sports France 5 HD max     
  beIN Sports MENA English 1 HD     
  beIN Sports MENA Premium 2 HD     
  Cytavision Sports 3 HD     
  DAZN Canada ($/geo/R)     
  DAZN Deutsch ($/geo/R)     
  DAZN Japan ($/geo/R)     
  Diema Sport 2 HD     
  Digi Sport 3 Romania     
  Match 4 Hungary HD     
  Nova Sport 2 Czech HD     
  Sky Sports Football UK HD     
  Sky Sports Main Event HD     
  Sky UK Ultra HD 1     
  Sport TV1 Portugal HD     
  Sportdigital TV HD     
  TV3 MAX Dansk HD     
  V Sport 1 Norge HD     
  V Sport 2 Suomi HD     
  V Sport Premium HD     
  ViaPlay Baltic HD     
  ViaPlay Denmark HD     
  ViaPlay Finland HD     
  ViaPlay Iceland HD     
  ViaPlay Netherlands HD     
  ViaPlay Norway HD     
  ViaPlay Poland HD     
  ViaPlay Sweden HD

• Thanks 1

Stolarczyk 

JJ 

Faes 

Vestergaard 

Doyle

Winks 

Wanya 

Ndidi/Praet

KDH 

Mavididi 

Iheanacho 

I can see him going strong to try keep early momentum going and players getting used to the tactics, while also not playing any of the players that could leave. 

Hamza may come in for one of the 3 in midfield, but think he is more likely to be seen from the bench. 

9 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

With how readily Enzo chucked in Mcateer against Coventry, feels like we have a manager who will finally trust youth. 

I was a little surprised Wanya wasn't named in the squad on Sunday though

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, lfu said:

I was a little surprised Wanya wasn't named in the squad on Sunday though

Me too, maybe about balance.

We had four debutantes, two of them fairly young in Hermansen (23) and Doyle (19) add to that McAteer (21) making only his 2nd league start for us, and Stolarczyk (22) on the bench.

So maybe wanted to have experience on the bench, may also be about keeping a few of the senior lads onside.

• Like 2