Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ian Nacho

Burton Albion (A) 09/08/23 - Pre-Match Thread

1 hour ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Are Leicester the only club that make you have to purchase a membership to go to a game? 

It seems a crappy way to disincentivise fans who can't make regular games.

Not sure, but even being a member, you have zero chance of getting an away ticket, unless it's Middlesboro/Sunderland/Plymouth on a cold Tuesday night in January.

9 minutes ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

Looking forward to this, Burton Albion CB Jasper Moon was released from our academy at U16s, I worked with him at Barnsley and he was a top lad. Hopefully he gets his chance to play against us tonight.

What were his parents thinking of?

Must be hard as nails playing in Barnsley with that name.

Edited by FoxFossil
  • Haha 2

We should be playing the full Development team for this. It's really not important enough to risk more injuries like Coady got pre-season.

Our club seems to be injury prone. Burton would love our scalp, and may go a bit gung-ho on us.  We all know what the priority is this season.

I won't mind an FA cup run though...we should be well warmed up by then and leading the Championship pack ;) 

• Like 1

Part of me wants to sack off every cup run and focus on the league however after the Cov game i feel like this can be a game to gain more experience on the style of play without the fear of going for points for promotion. So i say no wholesale changes but some rotation but play a strong team and continue developing the style of play with no fear of the result.

2 hours ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Are Leicester the only club that make you have to purchase a membership to go to a game? 

It seems a crappy way to disincentivise fans who can't make regular games.

Speaking to foreign folk who come over a footy fix / groundhoppers, England is the hardest country to source tickets. Constantly need help for the top two divisions 

23 minutes ago, FoxFossil said:

What were his parents thinking of?

Must be hard as nails playing in Barnsley with that name.

He got plenty of stick but definitely had that edge to his game, he was the closest thing I saw to an old school centre back at his age group.

• Like 1

What I'd probably go for on the night:

Stolarczyk

Faes---Souttar---Justin

Albrighton---Praet---Choudhury---Dewsbury-Hall---Thomas

Iheanacho---Daka

Feel as if it's a bit of a weak side/heavily overcharged from what the gaffer would play. Realistically, I would imagine it to be 3 or 4 changes to the squad and an insurance of game time for fringe players such as the likes of Patson Daka and Harry Souttar.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, ultrafox said:

We should be playing the full Development team for this. It's really not important enough to risk more injuries like Coady got pre-season.

Our club seems to be injury prone. Burton would love our scalp, and may go a bit gung-ho on us.  We all know what the priority is this season.

I won't mind an FA cup run though...we should be well warmed up by then and leading the Championship pack ;) 

Nah. Use like an extra preseason game. We are games behind some of the competition still. 

Not actually bothered about the cup, let's face it as soon as we meet Man City it was  over for us when we had a bit more quality.

Given our preseason or lack of it, it's a good opportunity to get some minutes in though.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

Looking forward to this, Burton Albion CB Jasper Moon was released from our academy at U16s, I worked with him at Barnsley and he was a top lad. Hopefully he gets his chance to play against us tonight.

We saw the crescent, they saw the whole of the moon.

If we're to play our usual system I think there'll be some rotation but not wholesale.

Hermansen

Justin

Souttar

Faes

Kristiansen

Winks

Soumare

KDH

McAteer

?

Mavididi

If we rotate more we'll play a more conventional 433 I think 

HAS to be same system. No changing it this early on. Get it bedded down.

Get JJ and Souttar in, JJ needs game time playing the Ricardo role.

Would like Wanya, McAteer and Nelson to get gametime if possible. Maybe some Maswanhise if we’re feeling a little saucy

• Like 1

I think the number of changes we make will very much be dependent on how many of the fringe players are close to moves and therefore whether we would risk injuries to them. I wouldn’t be shocked to see 3 or 4 younger players drafted in so we can protect some of the starters. 

Definitley think we will see JJ, Choudhury and Wanya Marcel start. Would be good to see Nelson get a start and I think McAteer would benefit from another start to help build momentum and confidence. 

• Like 1