Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Will1981

Mads Hermansen

7 hours ago, themightyfin said:

Like I said I don't think we would have that luxury 

I never understand this... In our position surely you need to maximise the sales and claw back as much as possible, not be giving away bargains?!

1 hour ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

People talking about Ward being number 1, this bloke is the main reason we went down, absolutely useless. I wouldn't have him playing for the U18s, USELESS!!

Harsh but FM that’s spot on. Most shots didn’t even go in the corners and he was still nowhere near. Uncanny ability to make the goal bigger - TOTALLY FUCHING USELESS

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If Enzo makes Chelsea come for Mads, which I would call a very bald move, then are we gonna make huge profit anyways! 5m paid and under a year later, should he cost atleast 25-35m! Huge potential and suspected number 1 for Denmark after European Cup!

We have a great no.2 who can take over for madds. Although I’d prefer to keep madds in between the sticks.

if we sell madds to Chelsea I hope we milk them for every penny and more!

15 minutes ago, ROB-THE-BLUE said:

I never understand this... In our position surely you need to maximise the sales and claw back as much as possible, not be giving away bargains?!

Didn’t we in recent years refuse offers which we felt were below market value? That would have contributed to our financial troubles.

20 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

They’ll go for Trafford before Mads. Trafford was his choice before Mads last summer. 

I doubt it after last season.

There are other options.

Apparently Ederson is being looked at by some Saudi club and it's apparently got legs (more cos he wants a wage rise I think).

Then there's Ortega at Citeh who it's rumoured wants a number 1 berth now. I reckon they'd look at the pair of them first. Ederson you'd think isn't feasible, but if he wants more money and they're happy for Ortega to step up, you never know.

3 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

If we got £30-£40 million for him I wouldn’t really be too bothered. Stors likely a better keeper for the Prem anyway. 

I would be very happy to sell Hermansen for 30 to 40. We need to get our books balanced.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, HarryDee8 said:

Mads  is pretty much a carbon copy of ederson

Yeah not much difference looking at their records. 

Sometimes we really do need to remove blue tinted specs.

While Mads undoubtedly has potential he's never even played in the Premier league. 

To even suggest he's on a par with one if the best Keepers of all time is just crazy.

I hope, really hope he fulfills his promise and goes onto having a great future don't get me wrong ,but he's not earned the right to even be mentioned in the sane sentence as Ederson .

I see figures of £40/50m being banded around, again in today's market where clubs are going to be ultra cautious with their net spend these figures are pure fiction.

Any bid north of £20m I think would be accepted in the position we are in.

Screenshot_20240528_211650_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240528_211656_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240528_211735_Chrome.jpg

7 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Yeah not much difference looking at their records. 

Sometimes we really do need to remove blue tinted specs.

While Mads undoubtedly has potential he's never even played in the Premier league. 

To even suggest he's on a par with one if the best Keepers of all time is just crazy.

I hope, really hope he fulfills his promise and goes onto having a great future don't get me wrong ,but he's not earned the right to even be mentioned in the sane sentence as Ederson .

I see figures of £40/50m being banded around, again in today's market where clubs are going to be ultra cautious with their net spend these figures are pure fiction.

Any bid north of £20m I think would be accepted in the position we are in.

Screenshot_20240528_211650_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240528_211656_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240528_211735_Chrome.jpg

To be fair is most of these stats from when Ederson joined man city, at the time playing for the best manager in the world, with the best team in the world in front of him. In Brøndby was Mads the best player, the first season as 1st goalie and sold right after. Brøndby was building a new team, first performing this season, therefore not many international prices. 

But first season in new country, best keeper in the League... Sounds like someone with potential.

34 minutes ago, danish_fox said:

To be fair is most of these stats from when Ederson joined man city, at the time playing for the best manager in the world, with the best team in the world in front of him. In Brøndby was Mads the best player, the first season as 1st goalie and sold right after. Brøndby was building a new team, first performing this season, therefore not many international prices. 

But first season in new country, best keeper in the League... Sounds like someone with potential.

Exactly.  Potential.  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

If Chelski (or anybody) want to give us 30 million for Mads I’d be all over that. We’re going to be facing a lot more inbound traffic next season and Stolarczyk is the better shot-stopper.

Edited by Deeg67

I think you all are selling him short. Young keepers with his abilities with his feet and decent shot stopping are not easy to find. They’re gold for possession heavy sides. 

40 million minimum.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, cruzFOX said:

We have a great no.2 who can take over for madds. Although I’d prefer to keep madds in between the sticks.

if we sell madds to Chelsea I hope we milk them for every penny and more!

Buy the right player at the right place and move him on for a big profit....YES and it went tits up for us because we stopped doing that and pretended to be Chelsea.

I can’t believe anyone would sell him, we saw after Kasper left and we had to play Ward how crucial the goalkeeper role is. I’ve got no doubt, if Mads had come in directly after Kasper left we’d have stayed up. We can’t take any chances, especially when we don’t have the resources to replace him.