Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Will1981

Mads Hermansen

If there is one thing we’ve learned from the past is we’ve gotta keep our defense pretty stable. At the heart of it is madds in goal.

we can’t be facing premier league attackers week in week out with a Danny Ward type goalie. Our no. 1 & 2 have to stay!

I know Chelsea and others will try to pick off our team with lots of cash as we’re desperate. I guess we’ll soon start hearing those rumours once Enzo has signed his Chelsea contract. He better keep his grubby hands off our best players!

8 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

I can’t believe anyone would sell him, we saw after Kasper left and we had to play Ward how crucial the goalkeeper role is. I’ve got no doubt, if Mads had come in directly after Kasper left we’d have stayed up. We can’t take any chances, especially when we don’t have the resources to replace him.

Jakub is more than good enough

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Doubt it. We'd sign a new keeper. 

I hope we would distribute the funds a bit better. More important needs  thank a new GK if Mads goes..

Mads is clearly our standout number 1 for me. Shot stopping, passing, the lot.

Stolarczyk is a very able keeper but his distribution isn't quite as good.

If we were presented with him as our number 1 I would be confident he'd do a good job. But Mads is a level above and could save us crucial points defensively or help us gain more points with his ability to help the team keep the ball, more so than Jakub in my opinion.

• Like 1

Just now, ALC Fox said:

Mads is clearly our standout number 1 for me. Shot stopping, passing, the lot.

Stolarczyk is a very able keeper but his distribution isn't quite as good.

If we were presented with him as our number 1 I would be confident he'd do a good job. But Mads is a level above and could save us crucial points defensively or help us gain more points with his ability to help the team keep the ball, more so than Jakub in my opinion.

To a degree I think it depends on how important our keepers ability on the ball is to a new manager as to whether we would replace Mads or look to use the money for other priorities.  

Stolarczyk certainly seems to be a very capable shot stopper. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, LFEFox23 said:

This is Chelsea we are talking about, Manager doesn't do or get involved in recruitment.

he might not even get 100% control over team selection but it’s amazing how a double your money contract can soften the blow of things like that.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Bordersfox said:

To a degree I think it depends on how important our keepers ability on the ball is to a new manager as to whether we would replace Mads or look to use the money for other priorities.  

Stolarczyk certainly seems to be a very capable shot stopper. 

Stolarczyk was also pretty calm / assured with his feet. It's not like Iversen who can't even kick a ball straight.  In a team that won't be focussing on the keeper acting as another outfield player, Jakub is as valuable to the team as Mads. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, themightyfin said:

Exactly. Past it. Same as Kasper. Your a little slow also it seems....

Depends on the direction we are going, yes he is past it but would be good to have in the dressing room and is one of the contributing factors to why we got relegated in the first place.

2 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Depends on the direction we are going, yes he is past it but would be good to have in the dressing room and is one of the contributing factors to why we got relegated in the first place.

Agreed.

I would take 30m for Mads and Kasper on a free all day long.

Simply because I think Kasper is the better choice in adversity and would be an ideal candidate for a dogfight with “his club”.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

That was 2 years ago. He was regressing the season  before . What's he gonna do in tbe dressing room? Hang the shirts?Paint the walls? 

It's a completely different squad he would have zero influence on them now.

Plus he's still playing and wants to play games which he wouldn't do here.

Makes no sense whatsoever.

Kasper is the past. 

A club legend where he needs to stay.

When he finally hangs up his gloves and if he chooses to go into coaching then maybe ,but who knows what he will do after or if he will even cut it as a coach.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, dooflip said:

Agreed.

I would take 30m for Mads and Kasper on a free all day long.

Simply because I think Kasper is the better choice in adversity and would be an ideal candidate for a dogfight with “his club”.

Oh dear...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, themightyfin said:

That was 2 years ago. He was regressing the season  before . What's he gonna do in tbe dressing room? Hang the shirts?Paint the walls? 

It's a completely different squad he would have zero influence on them now.

Plus he's still playing and wants to play games which he wouldn't do here.

Makes no sense whatsoever.

Kasper is the past. 

A club legend where he needs to stay.

When he finally hangs up his gloves and if he chooses to go into coaching then maybe ,but who knows what he will do after or if he will even cut it as a coach.

I was thinking backup keeper to Jakub, if we was to sell Mads as we need money and he is realistically one of the players we could sell and replace without much fuss

3 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

I was thinking backup keeper to Jakub, if we was to sell Mads as we need money and he is realistically one of the players we could sell and replace without much fuss

We wants to play not be a number 2. 

4 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Oh dear...

You are entitled to have a different opinion to me, as I am you.

What can’t be denied is the amount of goals Mads cost us particularly towards the end of the season. I was calling for him to be dropped at one point.

Thats not to say he’s not a good keeper, he is, but I think he will have a mare next season.

• Haha 1