Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Will1981

Mads Hermansen

2 minutes ago, dooflip said:

You are entitled to have a different opinion to me, as I am you.

What can’t be denied is the amount of goals Mads cost us particularly towards the end of the season. I was calling for him to be dropped at one point.

Thats not to say he’s not a good keeper, he is, but I think he will have a mare next season.

I value your opinion 

2 hours ago, MPH said:

I hope we would distribute the funds a bit better. More important needs  thank a new GK if Mads goes..

We said this when Kasper left and that didn't go so well. 

• Like 3

23 hours ago, dooflip said:

You are entitled to have a different opinion to me, as I am you.

What can’t be denied is the amount of goals Mads cost us particularly towards the end of the season. I was calling for him to be dropped at one point.

Thats not to say he’s not a good keeper, he is, but I think he will have a mare next season.

Seriously????

The Blackburn away and Birmingham home goals....and...?

How could anyone call for him to be dropped?

• Like 4

22 hours ago, CheeseHead said:

Might be just me but I was very disappointed in Mads for the 2 Blackburn goals in that last game

He had a strange second half to the season. He absolutely won us games prior to Xmas. Mid second half game changing saves at Swansea away after a Ricardo howler at 1-1 .... Blackburn away at 1-1. Cov at home when Hadji went 1 on 1 to out them into an unassailable two goal lead. 

But those big big saves seemed to dry up after January 

5 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

He had a strange second half to the season. He absolutely won us games prior to Xmas. Mid second half game changing saves at Swansea away after a Ricardo howler at 1-1 .... Blackburn away at 1-1. Cov at home when Hadji went 1 on 1 to out them into an unassailable two goal lead. 

But those big big saves seemed to dry up after January 

We were spoiled by Kasper but I'm not sure how good Mads is in a one-on-one situation. Better than Ward though!

If Enzo means that they need a new keeper in Chelsea, then would it be kind of weird if he didnt come for Mads. He knows the economy in LCFC is awful, so the price can be negotiated to a low point. Both he and the team knows Mads already, making the transition easy for both parts. 

Mads has only been in Leicester 1 year, so the attachment isnt that great yet...

On 31/05/2024 at 07:17, danish_fox said:

If Enzo means that they need a new keeper in Chelsea, then would it be kind of weird if he didnt come for Mads. He knows the economy in LCFC is awful, so the price can be negotiated to a low point. Both he and the team knows Mads already, making the transition easy for both parts. 

Mads has only been in Leicester 1 year, so the attachment isnt that great yet...

Chelsea are already after another Danish keeper - Jorgensen at Villarreal. Interesting to see if that changes with Enzo 

Just now, Foxmeister said:

Please, no more players who will be good in the dressing room,

This shouldn't be underestimated though. The high level of camaraderie is what successful teams can be built on. 

On 31/05/2024 at 06:17, danish_fox said:

Chelsea have a system where the coach doesn’t suggest targets 

unless Chelsea’s recruitment dept have highlighted mads then enzo won’t be asked about whether he’d like him 

• 1 month later...
On 01/06/2024 at 21:26, st albans fox said:

unless Chelsea’s recruitment dept have highlighted mads then enzo won’t be asked about whether he’d like him 

KDH’s signing throws that model out of the water though.

He’s not U23 like their usual “must” recruitment policy.

Enzo definitely had influence in the KDH signing so what’s to suggest he wouldn’t with Mads?

It’s all hearsay right now though so hopefully we keep Mads for a couple of more years yet.

On 01/06/2024 at 21:26, st albans fox said:

Not convinced they would have been interested in KDH without Enzo impute.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SafewayFox said:

KDH’s signing throws that model out of the water though.

He’s not U23 like their usual “must” recruitment policy.

Enzo definitely had influence in the KDH signing so what’s to suggest he wouldn’t with Mads?

It’s all hearsay right now though so hopefully we keep Mads for a couple of more years yet.

yes that did surprise me somewhat 

but knowing that we had to sell kdh pre end June, did Chelsea take advantage of securing a home grown player for a lowish fee?  (As opposed to the psr merry go round deals where they swap a home grown player for a high fee) 

there is an argument that enzo has advised Chelsea’s recruitment team of a type of player that he needs to implement enzoball and given illustrations to assist them.  of course, mads then fits that remit too.  If hey did come calling then we should rinse them because we don’t need to sell till next June - certainly 45m should be the absolute lowest we’d accept 

I would not argue to hang onto the player if there is a high fee to be had 

• Like 3

On 30/05/2024 at 18:00, CheeseHead said:

We were spoiled by Kasper but I'm not sure how good Mads is in a one-on-one situation. Better than Ward though!

I actually think pound for pound, I’m potentially better than Ward as a goalkeeper. :ph34r: I’ve most likely got 3 stone on him though. 

• 4 weeks later...

Seems like we are gonna be dropping the short passes from Mads and just punt it deep more often. I wouldnt call it utilizing the unique skillset Mads has...

Still impressive shot stopper! 

Hopefully gonna be Denmark no. 1 at next internationals! 

Edited by danish_fox
  • Like 2

Just now, danish_fox said:

Seems like we are gonna be dropping the short passes from Mads and just punt it deep more often. I wouldnt call it utilizing the unique skillset Mads has...

Think it may depend on the opposition. Not all teams will be as good as Spurs, so I'm hoping that we may have greater possession against some teams where he can play it out from the back. However, I do accept, it won't be like last season for most games.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, danish_fox said:

Hopefully gonna be Denmark no. 1 at next internationals! 

Our midfield is too slow and so is our attack so they would get picked off with ease in the EPL if they tried Enzo ball of sideways and back passing. Best to just treat the ball like a red hot potato.