Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Will1981

Mads Hermansen

35 minutes ago, dooflip said:

We’d have been dead and buried by half time with ward in goal.

The game would've been over after 20 mins, like last time v Spurs during Ward's previous, calamitous, relegation causing run.

I find it extremely worrying that Ward was on the bench ahead of Iversen last night. 

I've no personal truck against Ward, but if he ever steps foot on the pitch to represent us again, I'll leave the stadium. I can't and won't watch that agony again. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

The game would've been over after 20 mins, like last time v Spurs during Ward's previous, calamitous, relegation causing run.

I find it extremely worrying that Ward was on the bench ahead of Iversen last night. 

I've no personal truck against Ward, but if he ever steps foot on the pitch to represent us again, I'll leave the stadium. I can't and won't watch that agony again. 

There was 1 goal in that game that Ward was clearly culpable for, the back post header, there's little you can do about Son pinging them in off the floodlights though.

• 2 weeks later...
56 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

That save in the first half was incredible!

Yeah that one on one with Watkins right at the beginning was sensationel. 

Wanted to blame him a little for the their 2nd, but I think we just have to admit, that Duran's movement and header were just superb.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jonezy said:

Yeah that one on one with Watkins right at the beginning was sensationel. 

Wanted to blame him a little for the their 2nd, but I think we just have to admit, that Duran's movement and header were just superb.

I thought to myself that a taller keeper at Hermansen's level would have caught that header, but he makes up for his height disadvantage in many other ways.

52 minutes ago, Matt said:

Probably an unpopular opinion, maybe one people might even laugh at but in an age where keepers have to be good with their feet and must play out he still needs to be better with his feet if he's to be the player he wants to be or people think he is imo.

Some of the mistakes he makes with his feet, some of stupid passes out, he was nearly caught out yesterday, it's like he's unaware of players closing him down at times and then yes I get we're asking an anomaly of the modern goalkeeper to go long, but he needs to be more accurate with that - short and long.

Some of the saves he's made this season have been top drawer however and kept games tight which is going to be very important for us.

I still think people rate him higher than where he currently is though.

He'll only get better from facing PL strikers. If we go down, I could see a side like Brentford or Brighton going for him. If we stay up, then I suspect one or two top sides will be seriously looking.

I feel like he is being asked to keep it simple in this current team. Much more long ball, giving Vardy a heading opportunity which isn't his strength. 

I'd like to see him chipping 30 40 yards out to beat the initial press, or at least mix it up a bit to keep the opponents guessing. I feel like he has the skills to do this. 

3 hours ago, moore_94 said:

I suppose we all know who are big sale next summer is very likely to be

Hopefully by then Stolarczyk will be ready to step up or we have a good target identified to replace him

least we know we can ask for least 35/40mil for him

1 minute ago, VLC86 said:

The worrying bit is if it’s apparent we are going down in Jan (hefty points deduction) I recon we sell in Jan as his price will drop in the championship.

Will it?

All depends on how desperate we are for money and how desperate Chelsea... sorry anyone is to get a new keeper.  Rutter went for £40mill.  Can probably still get decent money in the Champ.

2 hours ago, Matt said:

Probably an unpopular opinion, maybe one people might even laugh at but in an age where keepers have to be good with their feet and must play out he still needs to be better with his feet if he's to be the player he wants to be or people think he is imo.

Some of the mistakes he makes with his feet, some of stupid passes out, he was nearly caught out yesterday, it's like he's unaware of players closing him down at times and then yes I get we're asking an anomaly of the modern goalkeeper to go long, but he needs to be more accurate with that - short and long.

Some of the saves he's made this season have been top drawer however and kept games tight which is going to be very important for us.

I still think people rate him higher than where he currently is though.

Of course you do.

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, phildw said:

Too small to be a top class keeper. 90% of top class keepers get a hand to that Duran header. Decent enough header but still a looping header that shouldn't have beaten a Premier league keeper. 

Not so sure as it was a diagonal all across the width of the goal, it was just (unfortunately) a fantastic header.