Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Will1981

Mads Hermansen

1 hour ago, JimJams said:

Will it?

All depends on how desperate we are for money and how desperate Chelsea... sorry anyone is to get a new keeper.  Rutter went for £40mill.  Can probably still get decent money in the Champ.

You are generally considered to get less.

10 hours ago, VLC86 said:

The worrying bit is if it’s apparent we are going down in Jan (hefty points deduction) I recon we sell in Jan as his price will drop in the championship.

If it’s that bad and we are dead and buried, it’d probably be a good call to be fair. Sell at an inflated price, sort out any lingering financials for this year and put Stolarczyk in and see how he does ready for the next season. It’d be short term pain (I.e we might ship a few more goals during the remainder of the season) but long term gain having a keeper ready to go next season. 

The only concern would be not killing JS’s confidence.

Of course I’d rather still be in with a good chance of survival and keep Hermansen but just putting a positive spin on the scenario you have described.

Probably irrelevant anyway as if Mads go, we’ll probably end up with Ward back in goal and given a new contract….

He’s already up there as probably one of the best in the league for me. Would say I would only swap him (theoretically, obviously) for Ederson, Allison, Vicario, Martinez, Raya. 

11 minutes ago, Bert said:

He’s already up there as probably one of the best in the league for me. Would say I would only swap him (theoretically, obviously) for Ederson, Allison, Vicario, Martinez, Raya. 

Totally agree probably better than Vicario too. 

He has a big future. Crazy to think he is 3rd choice for Denmark currently.

He’s still young and seems quite grounded. I’m not sure we can’t keep him for another season if we stay up. Keepers’ transfers are more reliant on the movements generally in the market as there’s only one first choice at each club, and Mads might want a big move next if he is happy here - and it seems so.🤞

On 02/09/2024 at 08:44, lcfc sheff said:

He’ll be Chelsea’s in the summer when they realise they’ve bought the 5 wrong keepers 

Well, Jorgensen (their #2 atm) is even younger than Mads and has already had a season as 1. keeper at Villarreal in La Liga - had more saves than anyone else and was an important reason for them finishing 8th despite a poor defense. Needs to improve with his feet, but in every other aspect he is very, very good. Mads is still seen as the next number 1 for Denmark, but he will look over his shoulder for Jorgensen.

Analysis here:

https://breakingthelines.com/player-analysis/filip-jorgensen-scandinavias-next-top-goalkeeper/

On 02/09/2024 at 08:00, Bert said:

I’m not sure I would. Ederson Allison and Martinez are getting on a bit and vicario and raya are no better. We do need to have a succession plan in place though as the vultures will be circling in January I suspect. 

2 hours ago, Supergray22 said:

I’m not sure I would. Ederson Allison and Martinez are getting on a bit and vicario and raya are no better. We do need to have a succession plan in place though as the vultures will be circling in January I suspect. 

They’re all in their early 30’s which is considered as prime for goalkeepers. If we had any of them here this season they’d all be starting ahead of Mads. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Supergray22 said:

What do you mean succession plan? We’ve got Ward :D

16 hours ago, Bert said:

They’re all in their early 30’s which is considered as prime for goalkeepers. If we had any of them here this season they’d all be starting ahead of Mads. 

Age doesn’t matter if you’re good enough. Why would anyone prefer the older keeper if he’s no better than the other, younger option?

10 minutes ago, Foxy DK said:

Age doesn’t matter if you’re good enough. Why would anyone prefer the older keeper if he’s no better than the other, younger option?

plus older, experienced players would be on mental wages. lets not go there again  

23 minutes ago, Foxy DK said:

But why would you prefer someone just because they’re younger? And that’s my point. Mads isn’t currently better than of them. 

1 hour ago, Bert said:

But why would you prefer someone just because they’re younger? And that’s my point. Mads isn’t currently better than of them. 

The premise of the post you replied to was that he’s at least on par with some of them so it sounded like you preferred older keepers because they were older. I probably misunderstood.

But while age can only be an asset in terms of experience, youth is an asset in itself as keepers usually gets better until they reach their prime in their 30’s as you said. That’s why clubs pay more the younger the player is. 

On 01/09/2024 at 20:12, Unabomber said:

He is absolutely unreal. Great with his feet and his reaction saves are like kaspers. 

He is absolutely class and has the potential to be better than Kasper as he is more orthodox and therefore, less prone to errors. 

He's absolute mustard and anyone that says otherwise either doesn't watch many games or hasn't got a clue about goalkeeping - just my opinion of course 

• Like 4