Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Will1981

Mads Hermansen

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Might be biased but there's not a keeper in the Premier League that I'd want instead of Hermansen.

The worrying thing is the gap in quality between our number one and number two. Ward will definitely play at least once in the Prem this season because I think Hermansen is slightly on the side of injury prone. Let’s hope Stolarcyk is back soon

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Might be biased but there's not a keeper in the Premier League that I'd want instead of Hermansen.

He’s quality, especially when you consider his age. I’d say he has a slight height disadvantage, which was clear on that second goal in the last game.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mike1983 said:

He’s quality, especially when you consider his age. I’d say he has a slight height disadvantage, which was clear on that second goal in the last game.

Yeah possibly, although I think he makes up for that with some of his reflexes and he's not afraid to command his area that Schmeichel never would.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Yeah possibly, although I think he makes up for that with some of his reflexes and he's not afraid to command his area that Schmeichel never would.

I'm impressed by his ability to move on from making a mistake, he doesn't let it effect his game.

• Like 2

Him being good with his feet can still be important and a bonus without him being told to try play tiki taka out the back! Accurate and confident passes into the final third and middle of the pitch when times right can be a real threat I personally wouldn’t trade him in for a keeper with basic ability with their feet when in a season or so if we stay up we can play more dominant football and be better with possession

• Like 1

9 hours ago, leicesterisme said:

Pope 😂 He’s absolutely nowhere near Mads level of shot stopping

I’d say that he is, but he really can’t use his feet.

Edited by VLC86
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, westernpark said:

The worrying thing is the gap in quality between our number one and number two. Ward will definitely play at least once in the Prem this season because I think Hermansen is slightly on the side of injury prone. Let’s hope Stolarcyk is back soon

Where have you come to this conclusion? 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, VLC86 said:

Mads is a really nice guy from my brief encounter with him.

I also randomly met his mum, sister and cousin on a train to the England Denmark game in the summer, all very nice humble people (even with some pissed up twat singing at them).

He will go right to the top, unbelievable talent and one of the only players I’ve watched be so clearly above our level as he was last season was Kante.

I can verify this also. I meet his little brother and stepfather both kind, honest and decent people. He's got a great family around him ❤️

1 hour ago, westernpark said:

Last season he took a couple of knocks. Like I said, ‘slightly on the side’. It’s Danny Ward as a safety net that’s probably accentuating these worries.

he played 44 games, missing Preston away (on the bench as squad rotation) and Huddersfield (one knock). calling missing one game through injury in a 53 game (league and cup) season "injury prone" is going completely over the top

2 hours ago, The Doctor said:

he played 44 games, missing Preston away (on the bench as squad rotation) and Huddersfield (one knock). calling missing one game through injury in a 53 game (league and cup) season "injury prone" is going completely over the top

It’s the worry of Danny Ward.

4 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Hermansen is a better shot stopper than Pickford. 

Pickford has been a massive part of keeping Everton in the league for 3 seasons.

For all Pickford faults, if we had him in our relegation season, we would probably have finished in the top half. 

Hermansen still has a bit to prove at PL level. 

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Pickford has been a massive part of keeping Everton in the league for 3 seasons.

For all Pickford faults, if we had him in our relegation season, we would probably have finished in the top half. 

Hermansen still has a bit to prove at PL level. 

Not disputing that, but Hermansen's shot stopping ability gets somewhat diluted because his real star quality last season was his distribution in a team that dominated.

I've seen enough last season and this season of his rare ability to make exceptional saves that puts him right up there with the very best.

• Like 4

21 hours ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

When was the last steady Eddie keeper we had for a period of time? Our keepers always tend to be amazing or absolutely shocking (luckily in my lifetime it’s been more of the former).

Weale was pretty solid at the level we were at at the time. Aside from the obviously howlers. 

• Haha 2