Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Will1981

Mads Hermansen

23 hours ago, Wymsey said:

Possibly, but knew his Father wasn't very approachable at the stadium according to a few.

i met him after the watford game with his father nowhere to be seen and he was a sullen ****er. don't think he even went drinkwater's party upstairs (maybe after i left) andy king on the other hand...top fella

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

He was upper mid level Championship, exactly what we were at the time. 

No, he was a blunder a week goalie and we’ve had much better keepers when playing at a similar level.

I remember being horrified at the love fest about Weale on here at the time.

• Like 1

Just now, hackneyfox said:

No, he was a blunder a week goalie and we’ve had much better keepers when playing at a similar level.

I can think of two bad mistakes in 2 or 3 seasons. OP asked for a "steady" keeper, I'm not saying he was a world beater. 

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, andy peake said:

Kevin Poole?

Think he was above average at the time but yeah probably. Walker is another that’s come to mind. Good but not up there with the best.

crazy we’ve had the likes of Kevin pressman and rab Douglas on one end and kasper/keller and the likes on the other. Mads well on the way to becoming on the best list if he isn’t already.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

54 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

I can think of two bad mistakes in 2 or 3 seasons. OP asked for a "steady" keeper, I'm not saying he was a world beater. 

Weale was great in our first season in the championship, under Sven though he was a complete car crash.

with Chris Weale if they shot from 20+ yards and it was on target he never saved it, awful keeper, the way Ricardo was treated by fans when Weale was dropped for him was disgraceful and Weale egging the fans on made him look bad

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Don't know how this thread became a general discussion on last GKs but Ricardo was genuinely dreadful. From memory, he was the worst keeper I've ever seen at claiming crosses. I was on of those fans singing Weale's name in whatever game it was he made another dreadful blunder.

Weale was only OK, he definitely got worse the longer he was with us.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DennisNedry said:

Don't know how this thread became a general discussion on last GKs but Ricardo was genuinely dreadful. From memory, he was the worst keeper I've ever seen at claiming crosses. I was on of those fans singing Weale's name in whatever game it was he made another dreadful blunder.

Ricardo didn't really have much of a problem with crosses, he just punched rather than catching and people lost their minds 

• Like 3

On 06/09/2024 at 17:54, VLC86 said:

Weale was great in our first season in the championship, under Sven though he was a complete car crash.

Bit harsh he didn’t do anything wrong under Sven, he didn’t really play! Sven dropped him out of the squad with barely any game time as he brought in Kasper. 

2 hours ago, The Doctor said:

Ricardo didn't really have much of a problem with crosses, he just punched rather than catching and people lost their minds 

Are you joking? I've never seen so many opposition teams put everyone on the goalkeeper for a throw-in like they did Ricardo. He even got dropped in the end didn't he? Was an absolute horror show for us.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, funkyrobot said:

Bit harsh he didn’t do anything wrong under Sven, he didn’t really play! Sven dropped him out of the squad with barely any game time as he brought in Kasper. 

If only he hadn't managed to make his two biggest blunders against them lot

2 hours ago, funkyrobot said:

To be honest, I think my memory is stained entirely by the superman impression he did to cost us 3 points at the City ground.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, VLC86 said:

To be honest, I think my memory is stained entirely by the superman impression he did to cost us 3 points at the City ground.

I still can't believe there's been two times I've been at the city ground where we blew 2-0 leads in absolutely identical fashion with nothing but a hopeful punt in the box and on both occasions our goalkeeper coming and flapping for it. 

Then there was the one Weale let go under him. 

****ing hell this shit scars me.

3 hours ago, VLC86 said:

I still can't believe there's been two times I've been at the city ground where we blew 2-0 leads in absolutely identical fashion with nothing but a hopeful punt in the box and on both occasions our goalkeeper coming and flapping for it. 

8 hours ago, DennisNedry said:

I thought Weale was pretty good in the championship and felt nice finally having someone you knew was going to start. I think after Ian Walker we had about million different shit keepers until Weale came in. Maybe that is reasoning enough to remember him fondly. Still scarred by the Kevin Pressman blunder.

I remember being excited by Ricardo but then very disappointed 😂.

Things definitely got better once Kasper came in.

1 hour ago, Gamble92 said:

The one where it went under Weales foot was Derby… unless he did it twice.

5 hours ago, VLC86 said:

The one where it went under Weales foot was Derby… unless he did it twice.

Yea, there was that, then there was the 3-2 defeat in 10/11 at easter, went behind twice, equalised, then a long range shot sort of just bounced over his dive. Then the 2-2 in 11/12 where Kasper was sent off for returning the ball to the centre circle after conceding (Still convinced Moss was match-fixing), Weale came on and just jumped underneath a cross for a stoppage time equaliser. Not sure what the other blowing a 2-0 lead was. Weale wasn't that bad, those were the only major mistakes he made, but being in local derbies they stand out. Same with Ricardo really, he made one mistake with a cross (at home to portsmouth) but people make out that it was like 10 times a match because people absolutely hate the idea of a keeper punching crosses, even if situationally it can be the far superior option to catching.

My memories of Chris Weale were his howler at Pride Park, a penalty shootout at Cardiff where it looked like he was deliberately diving the wrong way and him having a twin who'd I'd often spot sat in the city away ends who I hoped would trade places with him.

1 hour ago, The Doctor said:

Yea, there was that, then there was the 3-2 defeat in 10/11 at easter, went behind twice, equalised, then a long range shot sort of just bounced over his dive. Then the 2-2 in 11/12 where Kasper was sent off for returning the ball to the centre circle after conceding (Still convinced Moss was match-fixing), Weale came on and just jumped underneath a cross for a stoppage time equaliser. Not sure what the other blowing a 2-0 lead was. Weale wasn't that bad, those were the only major mistakes he made, but being in local derbies they stand out. Same with Ricardo really, he made one mistake with a cross (at home to portsmouth) but people make out that it was like 10 times a match because people absolutely hate the idea of a keeper punching crosses, even if situationally it can be the far superior option to catching.

I might be misremembering but I'm sure that the ire amongst the fans had been building for a while with Ricardo with him flapping at crosses and always going to punch (even when a catch looked the safer and easier option).

I'm sure I remember that shite "Weee-ull" song going around the KP after one particular Ricardo blunder, I know fans can be harsh and unfair at times but that wouldn't have happened on a player's first mistake.

Either way, what a breath of fresh air Kasper was when he came in. Still, I wash right behind him at Doncaster away when he inexplicably threw the ball into his own net, I'll never forget that one 😓