Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Will1981

Harry Winks

7 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

What a banger for your first goal for the club!

It feels a little unfair watching that.

Plenty of players will scored the odd good goal in their careers, but that is exactly the point many have made about us having premier league quality to win us games.

• Like 2

On 08/10/2023 at 10:46, MGLCFC said:

You may well be correct, but Wilf or Choudhury at 6 doesn't fill me with confidence. You need someone with good technical ability and is comfortable receiving the ball. IMO Praet is ahead of these 2 in those departments. Another option at 6, as others have suggested, is is Akgun.

Wilfs technical ability is improving perhaps the long game plan is to play him further forward develop his technique and confidence, so that if we made the prem, he could act as a stand in if Winks wasn't available.

• Like 1

Huge presence for a not so big man .. talented and humble, by all accounts he really is a leader off and on the pitch 

Vardy has even said “one of the best players I have played with” 

genuinely can’t believe we bought him for that sort of cash 

I hope he stays and becomes a legend  

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, LinekersLugs said:

Huge presence for a not so big man .. talented and humble, by all accounts he really is a leader off and on the pitch 

Vardy has even said “one of the best players I have played with” 

genuinely can’t believe we bought him for that sort of cash 

I hope he stays and becomes a legend  

For all the 'leadership groups' Rodgers banged on about not one of them were leaders, that's on him as much as the individuals that were here (Not team, we didn't have a team last season, we had individuals), especially when you consider the narrative to a rebuild changed to a rebuild of the culture and mentality, he failed on that alone first and foremost.

Opposed to now, where we're oozing with leaders, on and off the pitch, who want to be here, willing to dig in, willing to work for each other, as a team, being together and having a laugh, but knowing the time and place when the going gets tough and to knuckle down.

• Like 2

When he first came into Spurs' team he looked like he could go to the very top. Not panned out that way for him but hopefully a steady home will see him realise some of the potential. Granted him wasn't an exciting signing but it's crazy people thought he wouldn't be fantastic at this level. Keep the confidence and he'll be great in the Prem again.

He’s easily the best player in the squad, I’ve been saying since day 1 I absolutely love him but he’s far too cautious at times, don’t get me wrong he’s amazing as his job and rarely makes a single mistake, but as a top half prem quality player we really should be getting him to shoot more often, far too often he gets into space then makes a short pass sideways or lays it off to someone. 

I always preferred him as an attack minded player in his younger appearances for spurs and I hope with the extra freedoms you’re granted in this division we can really start to exploit that and give him confidence to take these sorts of shots week in week out. 

Top drawer. 

2 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

Also very clear Enzo told him to shoot more from last game onwards. He's threatened that sort of goal a few times. 

Yeah 100% this, he’s been getting up to and shooting from that position multiple times in recent games. 

Pretty much everyone on here has said how surprised they’ve been with his quality. The passing is immaculate, as is his ability to turn inside tight spaces and receive it under pressure. But this was something else! Exquisite technique under pressure. 

Might as well hand him the fans player of the season award now!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ARTY_FOX said:

I didn't think he had it in his locker so fair play to him. What a hit. 

...he has been trying to make that shot for the last couple of games, either getting blocked or catching it wrong!!!

Great finish, but I wish the two wingers would sort their heads out and do the same. It is criminal that they play as inverted wingers and are unable to master the most obvious of shooting at goal, bringing the ball back from outside the far post.

Fatawu has a habit of getting under the ball and sending it high, Mavididi just goes for pace and 2 of his goals have had a big amount of luck to give him the numbers. When those two sort themselves out, we will rip teams apart. I know Fatawu can do it, I just do not understand why he now gets under the ball when he shoots. Right at this moment I would rather have McAteer in his position, he makes things happen.