Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Will1981

Harry Winks

19 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

Wasn’t convinced when we signed him. But he’s been incredible. Hopefully he can continue his form next season in the premiership for us. 

Nor was I . Reasoning was that he’s been with spurs since primary school and if they were happy to let him drift out on loan and out of the team he might be a spent force . It seems now that one of the ridiculous managers spurs have appointed didn’t fancy him and I’m delighted we’ve got him 

He just oozes quality every game. Maresca has him playing in the perfect position to get the best out of him.

I'm sure I'm not the only one that appreciates having a 'spine' in the team.

We seem to have that back, now, after losing that sense of identity and any kind of structure with Rodgers.

Hermansen, Vestergaard/Faes, Winks, KDH, Vardy/Iheanacho.

Then the rest of the team compliments all those different integral parts of the spine. They all have their uses, but the spine of the team is where the character and real strengths and leaders are. 

Maresca has worked wonders for the team in general, but also getting the players in and seeing them flourish under him. 

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

It needs repeating that I was one of those who was absolutely against the signing. In fact, I've rarely been so unequivocal. It felt like spurs were not only taking our best player at a knock down price, but that Levy was screwing us further bu offloading shite, and in typical Levy fashion, charging us a fortune for the pleasure. 

Ive rarely been so wrong about a player. He's an absolute gent as well as a hugely talented footballer

I'm in a similar boat, was sure he was gonna be Tom Carroll mark 2. 

Happy to be wrong though, he's bossing it

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

He just oozes quality every game. Maresca has him playing in the perfect position to get the best out of him.

I'm sure I'm not the only one that appreciates having a 'spine' in the team.

We seem to have that back, now, after losing that sense of identity and any kind of structure with Rodgers.

Hermansen, Vestergaard/Faes, Winks, KDH, Vardy/Iheanacho.

Then the rest of the team compliments all those different integral parts of the spine. They all have their uses, but the spine of the team is where the character and real strengths and leaders are. 

Maresca has worked wonders for the team in general, but also getting the players in and seeing them flourish under him. 

He has worked wonders, but that spine is only 2 new additions of 5 positions. I do still think we need 4/5 starting 11 players if we were to get back to the prem, and the 2 Enzo has signed are the only ones I'm confident of making the step up next season of that spine. Vardys age, Nachos inconsistencies, the centre back pairing and KDH haven't proved any consistency in the premiership for more than 3 or 4 game spells here and there.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

That's what I'm thinking, we approached him when we sacked Rodgers and he declined it.

I thought it was well known Enzo turned down leaving Man City midseason because he wanted to complete the treble win first? That's why Southampton didn't get him when they canned Jones 

2 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

I thought it was well known Enzo turned down leaving Man City midseason because he wanted to complete the treble win first? That's why Southampton didn't get him when they canned Jones 

I don’t think it was that early but i’m suggesting it could have been wrapped up a fair few weeks before we heard any rumours about it. 

Probably a week or so before we were linked with Winks (based on his comments)