Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Will1981

Harry Winks

1 minute ago, STEVIE B said:

Is there any chance a Premier club has tries to take him in January ? 
He can’t go under the radar forever, surely. 

No and which club would be interested? Fulham? Palace? I doubt these type of clubs would be attractive to him at this stage of his career he stays with us. He may get back into the England fold again.

8 minutes ago, STEVIE B said:

this really irks me, has any player ever signed for someone that is playing well in the starting 11 every week and then been sold 6 months later?

Just now, Happy Fox said:

No and which club would be interested? Fulham? Palace? I doubt these type of clubs would be attractive to him at this stage of his career he stays with us. He may get back into the England fold again.

I was just throwing it out there.

He probably wouldn’t interest any of the ‘Big 6', he wouldn’t go to any of the struggling sides………………..any club in between, why not ? 
He does seem happy with us, that’s what winning does though. 

10 minutes ago, CUJimmy said:

He’s said himself he’s loving the way we play and the role he has in it.  Honestly can’t see him moving as long as Enzo is here.  Why would he risk he career going into reverse again?

££££££££. Saudi money has seen some player's make strange decisions too. 

Edited by STEVIE B

1 hour ago, STEVIE B said:

If they did, you can pretty much guarantee it would be one that doesn't have the potential and long-term allure that we do and possibly a club in the lower quartile. 

Saying that, one of the problems for Maddison last season was that the players around him weren't performing well or as committed as our current side which didn't allow him to perform as highly as he currently is at Spurs. When we go up, we also go up a level by an order of magnitude. I have little doubt that Winks can make this transition, but our squad has to raise the bar with him and I'm not sure that they are all capable of that. 

10 hours ago, bovril said:

Love him but I think he's got that Scott Parker style of saying "listen" before giving answers in interviews which irrationally I find really annoying

People didn't used to do it.  I think it either started with politicians or Australian sports stars.   It can be seen as quite rude to say to someone, 'Look...'  or 'Listen...'.  On the other hand,  he just scored a wonder goal and Scott Parker isn't our manager.   And, to be honest it's just like become like something people say like if you know what I mean.

9 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

I have to say well done to the fanbase and Foxes Talk for recognising how good Winks is. That might sound really condescending, but we have a habbit of not appreciating players on here that are good, but don't affect the top end of the pitch. In Wink's case you could argue that "all he does is pass is sideways and back." But of course that isn't the case at all!

Last season a lot of people were saying that Mendy deserved a chance. Winks plays like a combination of Mendy and Tielemans for me, taking the best elements of each.

I have a feeling he will be here for 4-5 seasons, and am looking forwards to seeing him cement himself as being a top player for us.

I thought it was a bit odd when some people seemed to be turning their noses up at signing a full England international, but assumed they must know what they’re on about.

Do you really think we’ll be able to hang on to him, even if we do get promotion?

Edited by WigstonWanderer
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, WigstonWanderer said:

I thought it was a bit odd when some people seemed to be turning their noses up at signing a full England international, but assumed they must know what they’re on about.

Do you real think we’ll be able to hang on to him, even if we do get promotion?

...can't see why not, his move to come here was a calculated decision!!!

Studying under Maresca, probably with an eye to football management in the future.

11 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Do you really think we’ll be able to hang on to him, even if we do get promotion?

Promotion to the premier league and guaranteed first team football puts him back in the England reckoning - he is one of those who will be able to step up and still be quality - no way he leaves than less a top 6/7 club comes in !!

Quality player and we will need 4 or 5 more like him at least in all departments !

45 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

That’s another one I’m worried about lol

...we seemingly have little control of that eventuality, but he does seem to want the players to have a better interaction with the fans!!!

He gets them to go and thank the away supporters and obviously sees this as part of being a good club ethos.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Genuinely think it's England's loss that he's in the Championship as this'll mean he's overlooked and England haven't really got another player with his skillset. He, like our side, is far too good for this division.

Posted a link a few days back showing DM stats, he was 13th in the world, 2nd in UK (behind Rodri who was top of world ranking) & more importantly 1st Englishmen he was 29/30 places ahead of the next, that being Rice…but as you say will be overlooked for the likes of Philips who I didn’t see on the list (or maybe I didn’t go down far enough?)

5 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Genuinely think it's England's loss that he's in the Championship as this'll mean he's overlooked and England haven't really got another player with his skillset. He, like our side, is far too good for this division.

He'd be wasted for England unless a quality manager is going to rock up with him. He'd be useless playing Southgateball which is exactly why half the world thinks or thought he's shite.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Yes, if you go back and listen to his interview when he first signed he explains his reasons for coming to Leicester, what he was looking for when he left spurs. He wanted to earn back respect, make his name at a club, much like Kasper did on his dads advice. He had offers to join premier league teams but obviously liked the look of our project the best, it was a big decision for him to drop a league but one he was prepared to make which shows a certain character of the man. 

I’m glad it’s working out for him.

• Like 2

Guys. He’s having a great season but some seriously over the top posts on here.

If he’d been called up to England while playing for Ipswich or Leeds, we’d all be calling Southgate and idiot and a shill.

13th best dm in the world? Don’t be daft You obviously can’t compare stats in the second tier directly to the top tier given the difference in opposition.

He’s been great for us and I think there’s a good chance he makes the step up assuming we get promoted next season, although I don’t think it’s a certainty, but he shouldn’t be anywhere near in the England squad right now. 

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

I won’t be making any such statements until we are mathematically promoted. Dangerous ground that.