Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mike1983

Victor Kristiansen

1 hour ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

He's essentially a throw-back, old-school fullback. Nothing sexy. Just solid, consistent 6.5/10 performances every time. He's like a Danish Mike Whitlow.

I’ve seen a few performances below 6.5!

Just now, UniFox21 said:

But with his injury history, would be naïve to sell out alternative LB

Yeah I don't disagree. Only pointing out that Kristiansen and Thomas aren't our only left backs.

If we are selling both that feels to me like we are going to keep the same system as last season. Which IMO, is the correct way to go. Mavididi and Fatawu on the wings instead of a high left back with not much attacking output. If he really wants to go that way, then we should be using Ricardo on the attack as he provides way more going forwards.

• Like 1

Now that it is so easy to sign players from South America, post Brexit, I can see a flood of attacking full backs coming into the Premier League from that region. So many great options, Southampton have just snapped up Welington Damascena absolute baller at LB. There are gems available, we just need to be bold with our decision making and ignore Cooper’s demands for premier league proven players. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StriderHiryu said:

If we are selling both that feels to me like we are going to keep the same system as last season. Which IMO, is the correct way to go. Mavididi and Fatawu on the wings instead of a high left back with not much attacking output. If he really wants to go that way, then we should be using Ricardo on the attack as he provides way more going forwards.

Or we want to sell them and buy / loan. 

It would be a bit of a u-turn to reject last year's system through all of preseason so far and then revert. Not that I'd be complaining, it's what I want us to do. 

It would be surprising though. Especially given the amount we seem to be targeting 10s.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

With the way Cooper wants one of the full backs to become a winger when we are in possession, I expect us to be in the market for a fullback how has more end product, who has the ability to beat a man. 

Thomas and Kristiansen are both old fashion fullbacks for me. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Or we want to sell them and buy / loan. 

It would be a bit of a u-turn to reject last year's system through all of preseason so far and then revert. Not that I'd be complaining, it's what I want us to do. 

It would be surprising though. Especially given the amount we seem to be targeting 10s.

Yeah we've been linked it feels like with nothing but 10's, with Buonanotte and Reid capable of playing there. O'Riley is the only proper CAM we've been linked to and I don't see that going through. I really hope he realises our wingers are exactly that and are better out wide to stretch the game than drifting inside.

4 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

With the way Cooper wants one of the full backs to become a winger when we are in possession, I expect us to be in the market for a fullback how has more end product, who has the ability to beat a man. 

Thomas and Kristiansen are both old fashion fullbacks for me. 

We haven't been linked with any of those type of players yet, though you could well be right. He tried Fatawu in that position against Shrewsbury, and it didn't work too well. If he used the right hand side instead, you could use either of JJ / Ricardo and then the back 3 can have Okoli, Vestergaard and Faes.

For me I'd rather see Ricardo next to Winks as between them they can play our of trouble and through the press. All the teams press in the Premier League and we could use opposition pressing to our advantage. The Spurs game will be a big test for Ndidi... will he get caught on the ball or will Winks next to him give him the time to bomb on and offer some help to Harry at the same time? We will only know when the game takes place.

Personally I expect that the tactics we start out with won't be the ones that we use afer a few months. But what our tactics will be is anyone's guess, because we might end up getting joy purely from sitting in deep, having 25% possession and scoring on the break. And at the end of the day if we got 50 points from that, then even with a deduction, it would keep us up.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Lesterlad said:

Luke Thomas is just about league 1 level. One of the worse left backs I’ve seen at the club. Not the worse but in top half a dozen for uselessness

Alan ****ing Sheehan 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

Yeah we've been linked it feels like with nothing but 10's, with Buonanotte and Reid capable of playing there. O'Riley is the only proper CAM we've been linked to and I don't see that going through. I really hope he realises our wingers are exactly that and are better out wide to stretch the game than drifting inside.

We haven't been linked with any of those type of players yet, though you could well be right. He tried Fatawu in that position against Shrewsbury, and it didn't work too well. If he used the right hand side instead, you could use either of JJ / Ricardo and then the back 3 can have Okoli, Vestergaard and Faes.

For me I'd rather see Ricardo next to Winks as between them they can play our of trouble and through the press. All the teams press in the Premier League and we could use opposition pressing to our advantage. The Spurs game will be a big test for Ndidi... will he get caught on the ball or will Winks next to him give him the time to bomb on and offer some help to Harry at the same time? We will only know when the game takes place.

Personally I expect that the tactics we start out with won't be the ones that we use afer a few months. But what our tactics will be is anyone's guess, because we might end up getting joy purely from sitting in deep, having 25% possession and scoring on the break. And at the end of the day if we got 50 points from that, then even with a deduction, it would keep us up.

I believe he was testing the two left backs to determine if they were up to the task and has now concluded that they likely don't match the profile he's looking for. On the right, I'm uncertain if it suits JJ, and while it might have been perfect for Riccy pre-injury, I'm not sure anymore.

If he intends to play that system he should consider emulating what Chelsea did with Victor Moses, choosing an attacking player how can defend. 

I agree on the use of Riccy as the DCM, but I think he value Wilf physicality 

I think Cooper is more willing to adapted his approach as the season pans out. 

• Like 1

Now is the best time to sell him really. We might be able to make a small profit off a club with a lot of money but little sense (likely to be Marseille).

He's never looked good for us and didnt look particularly good for Denmark in the Euros either, if we stick with him I dont think he will be able to match the level we want.

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

If we're going to persist with the left back being the attacking width then he's not good enough in that role. Simple. 

I think it's actually one of our biggest problem positions. After a 10, I'd say we need a left back probably more than anything based on how we've played in the friendlies cos I'm not convinced JJ is it either. Not for that role. 

Maximiliano Araujo it is then

54 minutes ago, Lesterlad said:

Luke Thomas is just about league 1 level. One of the worse left backs I’ve seen at the club. Not the worse but in top half a dozen for uselessness

I'm not a Luke Thomas fan, but one of the worst? He was in the fa cup winning team ffs.

Just Google our teams from the darkages in the mid 00's you'll find a bunch there much worse.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Uncle Monty said:

I'm not a Luke Thomas fan, but one of the worst? He was in the fa cup winning team ffs.

Just Google our teams from the darkages in the mid 00's you'll find a bunch there much worse.

Alan Rogers

Alan Sheehan

Danny Tiatto (great work ethic, but so one footed he used to dribble in a circle)

Rufus Brevett (might be a bit harsh, was old and on loan with us)

Joe Mattock

Jamie Clapham (again, might be harsh as he was old)

Ryan McGivern (I think probably the worst I've had the displeasure of watching!)

Michael Ball (again, old & injury prone)

Zoumana Bakayogo (only just better than McGivern)

All worse than Luke Thomas, in my humble opinion.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Incognito said:

Alan Rogers

Alan Sheehan

Danny Tiatto (great work ethic, but so one footed he used to dribble in a circle)

Rufus Brevett (might be a bit harsh, was old and on loan with us)

Joe Mattock

Jamie Clapham (again, might be harsh as he was old)

Ryan McGivern (I think probably the worst I've had the displeasure of watching!)

Michael Ball (again, old & injury prone)

Zoumana Bakayogo (only just better than McGivern)

All worse than Luke Thomas, in my humble opinion.

Maybe worse at the time of playing for Leicester, but half of those had a decent top flight career.

Lets see how the next 10 years go for Luke Thomas, as he may well do the same as Alan Sheehan (Just with a FA Cup win)