Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mike1983

Victor Kristiansen

3 hours ago, phoneticerror said:

He’s better, I’d love to see him more. But best in the league? No.

Although Rumble was exaggerating a little for effect, I don't think he's that far off the mark.

Give Ricky P a proper run in the side and I am convinced he would be up there as at least one of the top 5-8 full backs in the league. He should never, ever have played at Championship level. He is a fantastic footballer.

1 hour ago, Clever Fox said:

I just cant understand Cooper continuing with him in an attacking sense. Especially when we have one of the best left Wingers in the league on the bench.

VK is not a natural footballer so everything has to be learned. Though he has improved defensively a little in the recent games.

If this is referring to Mavididi, however, I love the guy, but he has not had anywhere near the time to evidence that yet.

Edited by CloudFox
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

I rate his endeavour and how he doesn't shirk it or hide away.

Yeah this is the thing. I think if everyone in the squad has his personality the year we were relegated, we'd have been mid table at a minimum. He's got lots of fight, effort and spirit. 

I just don't rate him as an attacking force. 

• Like 2

Looks a much better player after his loan, has the right attitude for the fight.

However the system Cooper plays has him in the left wing position in possession and It doesn’t suit him. He’s much more of an old school full back, where he plays it into the LW and then makes the overlapping run beyond like Fuchs would do.  

I did think when we brought on Mavididi and swapped the system where he was then the LCB, he looked much better as he was coming onto the ball in deeper positions and then able to make that run beyond. If you play that system it then allows you to use Ricardo as the RWB. 

Edited by Levi Port
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

When he doesn't back pass, his crosses are good enough we don't have anyone decent to head the ball.

For the record, I would start Ricardo over Kristiansen in Cooper's system. However, Kristiansen does aid our attack, even if his initial cross doesn't find a target:

giphy.gif

giphy.webp

^ In both these examples he's supporting the attack and asking the question. And because we pick up the pieces, we get a goal indirectly from his play.

giphy.webp

^ But what he's not going to do is what Mavididi does here, though Kristiansen is the one that plays the ball to him.

Overall I would say that Kristiansen has been quite good this season. But the problem is that "quite good" might not be good enough when you have a player as good as Ricardo on the bench, who is a better crosser and striker of the ball and can even beat his man at times. Riccy P also has amazing tackling stats despite not being the biggest guy. 

Another thing we could do is swap JJ for Ricardo and take it turns to provide the auxilary full back / winger, rather than it always being Kristiansen.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

For the record, I would start Ricardo over Kristiansen in Cooper's system. However, Kristiansen does aid our attack, even if his initial cross doesn't find a target:

giphy.gif

giphy.webp

^ In both these examples he's supporting the attack and asking the question. And because we pick up the pieces, we get a goal indirectly from his play.

giphy.webp

^ But what he's not going to do is what Mavididi does here, though Kristiansen is the one that plays the ball to him.

Overall I would say that Kristiansen has been quite good this season. But the problem is that "quite good" might not be good enough when you have a player as good as Ricardo on the bench, who is a better crosser and striker of the ball and can even beat his man at times. Riccy P also has amazing tackling stats despite not being the biggest guy. 

Another thing we could do is swap JJ for Ricardo and take it turns to provide the auxilary full back / winger, rather than it always being Kristiansen.

I agree but in both the examples against Villa, it is when Mavadidi Is on. It’s a different system than what we start in.

Kristensen starts games as a left mid and Fatawu at right mid in possession with Ayew playing inside to make a 4 in midfield with Ndidi.

When we made the changes with Mavadidi on, Cooper flipped it and played Mavadidi at left mid and JJ right mid,. That meant Kristiansen played LCB and picked it up much deeper and as you can see in those clips, it suits him. In turn playing that system could get you Ricky playing RM which would suit him.

Issue is if you start with that, you’d have to drop Fatawu unless you have him playing the high 8/10 roll which I don’t think Cooper would do. 

• Like 1

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/steve-cooper-refused-convince-victor-9527289

Why Steve Cooper refused to convince Victor Kristiansen over Leicester City future

Steve Cooper did not have to convince Victor Kristiansen to stay at Leicester City – but wouldn’t have done so anyway.

The City manager has said he would never fight to persuade a player to remain at the King Power Stadium. That's because he requires unwavering commitment from those in his squad.

Kristiansen qualified for the Champions League on loan at Bologna last season and there were suggestions early in the summer that he was setting his sights on a permanent move to the Serie A club.

However, he’s started all three of City’s opening Premier League matches and looks to be the club’s first-choice left-back.

But the Dane is not here because of any promise or convincing argument from Cooper. He wanted to stay after a new management team afforded him a fresh chance.

“I won’t convince anybody to play here,” the manager said. “They’ve got to want to play here. I don’t care who it is. There’s no convincing. You’re either 100 per cent committed or you’re not. These guys are.

“With Victor, he did have a good season and a positive experience last year in Italy. He played in a team that have brought a lot of interest in the players that have played for them. He was a good part of that. We’ve definitely got a player back off a positive loan. There’s been a change of manager here and it can be seen as a clean slate and a fresh opportunity.

“That’s exactly how we’ve dealt with him. Through pre-season, he played his way into the team. For him and everybody else, they have to play well to stay in the team.”

• Like 4