Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mike1983

Victor Kristiansen

2 hours ago, Finn Claw II said:

Personally I’d rather play Justin on the left and Ricardo right but fairly happy with the 3 of them getting game time.

Clearly has an engine which will be important this season. 

I'm sure we will, its a looooooooong season my friend.

I think Cooper likes his full backs to be on their natural side, hence him not really playing a JJ at left back, Ricardo at right back combo which is what many seem to be advocating for.

He obviously doesn't want to shoehorn a player in for qualities sake if it means the natural balance is compromised.  At this present moment, the last thing we want is for the ball to be in the middle of the pitch in the defensive third so being able to naturally progress on the outside looks to be his preference.  Harsh on Ricardo, but physically, JJ is probably better as a defensive option at right back.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
2 minutes ago, LinekersLugs said:

BRAVO

I have given some insight to what happened to this lad 

KDH going was the end of that chapter 

now look at his performance last night 

Delighted for him 

Spot on Lugsy as per usual 💪

Another one where we need to accept his faults but I love his work ethic. Something that was unbelievably lacking last time we were at this level. The way he wouldn't let Johnson get away with taking the ball off him was refreshing to see after the casual jogs of Youri still haunting me.

The only worry I have is him being asked to push forward where he seems weaker than just being a traditional full back. I can see us being exposed down that side.

1 hour ago, LinekersLugs said:

BRAVO

I have given some insight to what happened to this lad 

KDH going was the end of that chapter 

now look at his performance last night 

Delighted for him 

Excuse my ignorance but in a nutshell what was the issue, was it really as simple as KDH & Co didn't like VK taking the spot from their mate LT? 

3 hours ago, Finn Claw II said:

Personally I’d rather play Justin on the left and Ricardo right but fairly happy with the 3 of them getting game time.

Clearly has an engine which will be important this season. 

Why? Hes not a LB. We saw in the Euros how having a right footer at LB doesnt work as it completely restricts the way they can provide an attacking outlet. Justin just spends the whole game turning back as he has no left foot. Having a left footer at LB gives the team width and provides a dangerous over lap

Edited by South Shire Fox
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Probably have to bear in mind that there would have been some nerves for him last night, coming back to play in front of us after how things ended last time.

Thought he grew into the game well and looked very accomplished second half- put a proper shift in, a lot of their attacks seemed to focus on the overload on that side of the pitch.

• Like 3

Three defensive players who all speak a language the vast majority of Premier League attackers won't be able to understand. Not sure how much of a bonus that is.

Great to have him back anyway. Whips balls in nicely and a battler. Seem to remember him going bright red quite often in the relegation season, which I couldn't figure out was rage or just a flush.

• Like 2