Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mike1983

Victor Kristiansen

4 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

All this is true, but the elephant in the room is that Cooper's system has Kristiansen in the team in place of Ricardo, and that overall makes the team worse.

We could play like this right now:

Hermansen

Faes              Vestergaard                   Justin

Winks      Ricardo / Skipp

Fatawu / Ayew                                                     Mavididi / McAteer

Buonanotte              Ndidi / Reid

Vardy / Cannon

That was the system that won us the Championship last season. It can even play on the counter attack, see Leicester City 5 - 0 Southampton.

So far his new system has Kristiansen and Reid in the team instead of Mavididi and Ricardo, both of whom were two of our best players last season.

I'd put money on the setup above performing better and getting better results than the one Cooper is going for. And by the way when we got relegated, Ricardo turned down a loan move abroad to help us get back up. Now he's dropped to the bench. Mental behaviour.

Master stroke, so you replace Kristiansen with the even worse JJ! He's crap on the right but even worse on the left. Whatever the question is, JJ is never the answer 🙄

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

absolutely awful again today, his positioning was non existent and I think the ghost of Danny tiatto would offer more of an attacking threat than he did. how this lad is our first choice is baffling 

He’s clearly asked to get up and down with JJ not doing that to provide cover 

so in transition he’s going to be awol a few times 

his ability once in the final third is questionable 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

lol I'm not going to sit here and say wow, wasn't he wonderful, but this is so over the top. He was ok

was he? his crossing wasn't great and but for Okolis recovery tackle, we'd have lost 3-1 because Kristensen was nowhere to be seen as McGinn (?) had the freedom of Leicestershire to run into

2 hours ago, The Doctor said:

absolutely awful again today, his positioning was non existent and I think the ghost of Danny tiatto would offer more of an attacking threat than he did. how this lad is our first choice is baffling 

1 hour ago, The Doctor said:

was he? his crossing wasn't great and but for Okolis recovery tackle, we'd have lost 3-1 because Kristensen was nowhere to be seen as McGinn (?) had the freedom of Leicestershire to run into

Agree he was rubbish. 

He's a slightly better Luke Thomas. Which isn't exactly a ringing endorsement. Slow in his play, afraid to get behind the player with the ball, and just generally seems so average on and off the ball. Seems to shy away from challenges and isn't very influential. That moment where he could have ran into space in the first half but chose to halt momentum and slow down was frustrating. 

He has a tendency to constantly look inwards and play the ball into crowded areas. No harm in looking up and playing a ball down the line/over the top once every now and then. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Agree he was rubbish. 

He's a slightly better Luke Thomas. Which isn't exactly a ringing endorsement. Slow in his play, afraid to get behind the player with the ball, and just generally seems so average on and off the ball. Seems to shy away from challenges and isn't very influential. That moment where he could have ran into space in the first half but chose to halt momentum and slow down was frustrating. 

He has a tendency to constantly look inwards and play the ball into crowded areas. No harm in looking up and playing a ball down the line/over the top once every now and then. 

Literally described James Justin every game for the last 3 years

Edited by South Shire Fox

He is ****ing shit. Always has been always will be. Lacks defensive awareness, he’s weak as piss, his quality in the final third is largely abysmal and he has a really punchable face. 

Edited by Pliskin
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Agree he was rubbish. 

I really don’t know how anyone can come to this conclusion. He made a lot of runs in behind without getting the ball, and he carried it past a player or two a couple of times - the chance in the end where Vardy was offside, but would’ve had a penalty otherwise, was created by VK carrying the ball forward and playing it in quite neatly. 
He was fine today.

• Like 1

He has qualities.  It was an average display today.   

I would like to see him encouraged to play balls forward more quickly and instinctively.    If he risked losing possession, I think he has the quality to create dangerous moments.

Without wishing to be negative to FA Cup winning, Academy product, Luke Thomas, Vk is more likely to develop into a finished product.

This young player could become very good.  It may not have been a fluke that he helped a team qualify for the Champion's League last year.

Strange what different people see…. He’s been ok…. Thought he was no less than middling today and at least showed a bit of heart…. Bump the JJ thread and let’s have a chat about him and his start to the season?

I haven’t been his biggest fan but he played with a lot of determination today and got forward quite well. He can be loose with some of his passing and can be turned too easily at times but he was better today. He doesn’t have blistering recovery pace but he showed again a willingness to fight and keep going which should earn  him time to improve in these areas. I like his first time low crosses. Something others could try sometimes. 

Edited by Supergray22
  • Like 1

I thought he was pretty decent, definitely not our worst player. Just checked who scored to see what rating he got there and was a 7, our joint highest. And on sofascore he was a 7.5 and highest rated player in the match! I know these are based on stats so are flawed as the stats can’t cover every aspect of the game - but it shows he generally won his tackles, kept hold of the ball and created a few chances. 

I actually came away from the game feeling pretty positive about him. If he plays like that every game and is our worst player, we’d end up comfortably mid table. Much bigger problems to worry about imo.

• Like 2