Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mike1983

Victor Kristiansen

Can't believe I've just read two pages of this crap. 

To try and bring this inane thread back on track, I've heard from numerous sources that he is currently suffering from a temporary physical malady which has put him out of action for the time being. 

Edited by Charl91

1 minute ago, majaco said:

To save me reading through the thread,  can someone tell me why Kristiansen wasn't involved today?  Seems like Maresca doesn't rate him.

I can’t imagine what else it could be. Shame as he did show promise in a couple of games.

Mercury piece on him today (or LeicesterLiveGloboNews, whatever)

"It's a great club and they've given me so much. Now I'm just waiting to give it all I've got in the Championship and get back in the Premier League.”

That's a quote from summer. He's got the right attitude and from what I've seen of him there's quality there, I hope he finds his place. He was exactly the kind of new blood I was pleased to see under Rodgers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 11 months later...

Posting this here, as VK is being used to join the attack as an additional winger this season, and not been too impressive as yet. Here's how he was used at Bologna. In some clips he does actually try to beat his man and cross it in, so he does have the capability!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

Posting this here, as VK is being used to join the attack as an additional winger this season, and not been too impressive as yet. Here's how he was used at Bologna. In some clips he does actually try to beat his man and cross it in, so he does have the capability!

I'm genuinely baffled by the idea he heard Maresca out last season on what he wanted for the "LB" role and decided it wasn't for him.

He has almost all the attributes you'd want from someone in "The Doyle Role", not quite as good a passing range but otherwise yeah I can see it. Probably more than JJ. 

The idea he left because he wants to be a "conventional" modern full back, an attacking full back, blows my mind. He doesn't have the skillset at all. I'm not saying he's quite Danny Simpson but he's definitely not Ricardo Pereira.

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

I'm genuinely baffled by the idea he heard Maresca out last season on what he wanted for the "LB" role and decided it wasn't for him.

He has almost all the attributes you'd want from someone in "The Doyle Role", not quite as good a passing range but otherwise yeah I can see it. Probably more than JJ. 

The idea he left because he wants to be a "conventional" modern full back, an attacking full back, blows my mind. He doesn't have the skillset at all. I'm not saying he's quite Danny Simpson but he's definitely not Ricardo Pereira.

I’d sell him in a heartbeat, as he’s not good enough. In fact, I’d consider the reduced offer from Bologna if it covered whatever we own on the bloke. 

What a terrible January Window that was! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sly said:

I’d sell him in a heartbeat, as he’s not good enough. In fact, I’d consider the reduced offer from Bologna if it covered whatever we own on the bloke. 

What a terrible January Window that was! 

Bologna being the well run club that they are seem to have nailed their valuation of him. About half of what we paid for him, honking business.

• Like 1

Digging out his Serie A stats from last season is a must, because what I’ve just seen makes for hideous reading. 

Successful Attacking Actions per90 - 1.08(One of the worst LB’s in Serie A for this statistic)

Crosses Per90 - 1.44

Dribbles per90 - 0.61(One of the worst LB’s in Serie A for this statistic)

As Finners has basically referenced, he is playing a role he isn’t fit for playing. 

• Like 3

Just now, kingfox said:

Digging out his Serie A stats from last season is a must, because what I’ve just seen makes for hideous reading. 

Successful Attacking Actions per90 - 1.08(One of the worst LB’s in Serie A for this statistic)

Crosses Per90 - 1.44

Dribbles per90 - 0.61(One of the worst LB’s in Serie A for this statistic)

As Finners has basically referenced, he is playing a role he isn’t fit for playing. 

Just for comparison... what about my boy Doughty? :ph34r:

6 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Just for comparison... what about my boy Doughty? :ph34r:

Of left-backs who played over 1,000 mins in the Premier League.

Doughty 

Successful Attacking Actions per90 - 3.95(3rd in this statistic)

Crosses per90 - 4.45(3rd in this statistic)

Dribbles per90 - 3.36(5th in this statistic) 

:thumbup:

• Thanks 1

Just now, kingfox said:

Of left-backs who played over 1,000 mins in the Premier League.

Doughty 

Successful Attacking Actions per90 - 3.95(3rd in this statistic)

Crosses per90 - 4.45(3rd in this statistic)

Dribbles per90 - 3.36(5th in this statistic) 

:thumbup:

Literally perfect if Cooper wants us to carry on playing like this

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Literally perfect if Cooper wants us to carry on playing like this

Also of all players in the 23/24 Premier League...

Free Kicks per90 - 1.76(6th in this statistic)

Corners per90 - 4.26(4th in this statistic)

• Like 1

Difficult one to assess as to whether he even wants to be here or whether we should look to move him on.

what is absolutely criminal is that  we didn’t take a punt on Harrison Burrows given how we want to use our left back to provide an attacking threat, his numbers were insane last season, would have been a really low risk transfer. 

He’s a burst of pace off being a decent option. In the same way I’m a bigger bank balance and better appearance off dating a supermodel. Just can’t see him being a real option for us.