Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mike1983

Victor Kristiansen

I was near his family at the end of the game as I walked out, they were well chuffed. I would like to see Ricardo starting but we have three decent options at FB now. 
At the start of last season, before his chat with Enzo regarding positions, he was one of only three to explicitly state they wanted to stay, apparently. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Guest said:

His cross just before the second goal is exactly what we've been in need of for years by the way. It's been ages since we had a dominant aerial presence to aim at and yet, for example, Chilwell would routinely clip up shit floaters that 99% of the time the likes of Vardy, Iheanacho or Daka have no chance of scoring from. Deliveries fizzed across the face of goal at that sort of height cannot be fun to defend. Having just watched the replay he also wins us the ball back in the first place by fighting off Johnson who admittedly is one of the few professional athletes I think I might be able to fight off, the little gimp.

Brennan Johnson looks like El Nombre

He grew into the game. His cross into Vardy is what I want to see a lot more of. I think he was let down by Reid, as the two failed to overlap or combine well together. But Mavididi should be ahead of Reid anyway and then it might be less of an issue.

I still don't like him being in the team over Ricardo. I feel like either Riccy or Justin could play on the left hand side ahead of VK and we might be better. VK isn't playing so many first time balls into the box or driving at his man for his natural left foot to be such an advantage. However, I will say that given his age, this player has a pretty high ceiling, and looked way more like a good purchase today than when he was here last and thrust into the team too quickly.

• Like 1

Just now, Trekerz said:

Everyone saying he had a poor first half, I actually thought he was one of our better players in the first too. Didn’t give Brennan Johnson a sniff all game 

Adding to this, BDR was not much help to him in the first but did get a lot better in the second 

Before tonight I was convinced we needed a starting LB. Now maybe it’s a young pacy understudy to VK we need who can step in when needed and spend the season developing. Or maybe it’s just one game and let’s see how it goes!

Just now, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Brennan Johnson looks like El Nombre

I can't say I'm familiar with the character but having looked him up that does seem to be the case yeah, though he looks like he might at least have a bit about him with the mask and cape combo. Johnson reminds me primarily of someone I went to school with, both visually and in terms of being a complete fanny

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, westernpark said:

I was near his family at the end of the game as I walked out, they were well chuffed. I would like to see Ricardo starting but we have three decent options at FB now. 
At the start of last season, before his chat with Enzo regarding positions, he was one of only three to explicitly state they wanted to stay, apparently. 

Wow. 

So the 3 would’ve been him, Vardy and KDH? 

5 minutes ago, Trekerz said:

Everyone saying he had a poor first half, I actually thought he was one of our better players in the first too. Didn’t give Brennan Johnson a sniff all game 

Yes to be fair, throughout the game he was pretty sound defensively. There is a strong argument to be made that when Vestergaard and Faes at the back, you need Ndidi, Kristiansen and Justin / Ricardo in the team to compensate. Not once in the game did we get caught out due to a lack of pace throughout the team.

12 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

He grew into the game. His cross into Vardy is what I want to see a lot more of. I think he was let down by Reid, as the two failed to overlap or combine well together. But Mavididi should be ahead of Reid anyway and then it might be less of an issue.

I still don't like him being in the team over Ricardo. I feel like either Riccy or Justin could play on the left hand side ahead of VK and we might be better. VK isn't playing so many first time balls into the box or driving at his man for his natural left foot to be such an advantage. However, I will say that given his age, this player has a pretty high ceiling, and looked way more like a good purchase today than when he was here last and thrust into the team too quickly.

JJ was an utter disaster when played on the left last season. Often caught out of position and constantly giving the ball away. VK every day of the week for me. Grew into the game tonight and looked very steady. JJ poor on the right first half but a lot better second. Like most of them in fairness to him.

5 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Ooooooooooooooooooooofffffftttttttttttt

He done ok tonight, lost possession cheaply in 1 on 1s at times and Faes and Vesty covered for him at other times.

Johnson isn't a physical player so that also helped him.

Second half he done better as did most of the team. He got more space down the line when Spurs pushed on looking for the Winner.

Lets see how he gets on from here. I hope he improves but he's got to work hard and listen to the Coaches.

1 minute ago, Clever Fox said:

He done ok tonight, lost possession cheaply in 1 on 1s at times and Faes and Vesty covered for him at other times.

Johnson isn't a physical player so that also helped him.

Second half he done better as did most of the team. He got more space down the line when Spurs pushed on looking for the Winner.

Lets see how he gets on from here. I hope he improves but he's got to work hard and listen to the Coaches.

I think I understand - if he's crap you were right because unlike all those clowns you always thought he was crap, if he's good you were still right because it must mean he did what you said he should do to stop being crap. I can see why they call you Clever Fox because you have played this quite brilliantly

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Guest said:

I think I understand - if he's crap you were right because unlike all those clowns you always thought he was crap, if he's good you were still right because it must mean he did what you said he should do to stop being crap. I can see why they call you Clever Fox because you have played this quite brilliantly

He has been crap since he signed, thats a given. If you don't want to see that it's fine thats your opinion.

I'll say it again tonight he done ok, That's all.  He has lots to learn if he want's too be a great player.

Lets see how how he developes from here.

• Haha 1

His cross in the build up to the 1st goal was class, but he also put a beautiful cross to Vardy not too soon afterwards. I think he had quite a few assists last season for a LB, so certainly will offer us something going forward. He gets stuck ball watching when defending, but the positives out weigh the negatives. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Clever Fox said:

He has been crap since he signed, thats a given. If you don't want to see that it's fine thats your opinion.

I'll say it again tonight he done ok, That's all.  He has lots to learn if he want's too be a great player.

Like everyone else, what I've seen is a teenager arrive midway through the season and play about ten games as part of a team drifting inexorably towards relegation, during which he struggled in pretty much the same way as all his teammates. He then went and established himself as first choice in a Champions League qualifier from a league that is admittedly not as strong as this one but is definitely stronger than the one we were playing in last season. You're right that having taken those things into account, my conclusion is not that the guy is clearly not good enough and also - the classic when someone wants to criticise a player's personality despite having no real basis for doing so - "thinks he's better than he is". Do you stand by your theory about Cooper not fancying him now that we've seen him effectively picked over Ricardo?

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Trekerz said:

He wasn’t poor, but like the rest of the starting XI, there was a bit too much respect given. Not enough 50/50’s won. He was steady but didn’t offer any outlet going forward, Second half he took no prisoners, bombed on and genuinely looked like the player he can grow into being 

We paid 20mill for him

He went to Bologna who qualified for the champions league, he was their No1 left back

Our manager likes to play with a right back and a left back

fans talking like hes the next Joe Mattock give your heads a wobble

Hes one of the best left backs in world football and i for one hope he does amazing for us 

Edited by dylanlegend

1 hour ago, Clever Fox said:

He hasn't been crap since he signed & if you can't see that it's because you have some strange agenda about this young man. Nobody is talking about him becoming a great player but we all can recognize that he has the tools to become a very good player.

Are you still bitter because he didn't want to play Maresca ball ??

If Cooper starts him that means he works hard & listens on the training ground.