Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mike1983

Victor Kristiansen

Really pleased for him. Almost like writing him off based on a handful of games at the end of our relegation season was a bit silly by some!

It does seem like Cooper could be the right sort of manager for him. He is a grafter and it’s no wonder he was pissed off with others (if that was true) in his first half season as that side had no fight whatsoever.

And he has a great delivery as others have said. That ball before the goal was what I love to see, hard and low! Those kind cause chaos for a defence.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

Couple more performances like that and this place will be fill of folks who knew all along he was a good player.

Yep, I had totally written him off. Now I think he's good. After the Fulham game I'll probably write him off again. Play well every game or get out! 

• Haha 2

He looked spent after 15 minutes but beyond that it was a solid performance. 

Do think he’s capable of performing consistently well but he’s definitely capable of a real howler moment like in the Euro game v England. 

Overall a positive comeback game for him. 

I presume Ricardo was benched so we had Justin's physicality up against the athletic Son. I'd say that worked because I saw very little of Son all game.

Presumably Ricky and all the full-backs will be rotated to keep them all fresh but both deserve to keep their places against Fulham based on that second-half performance.

Ricky could be a good weapon as a super sub as well, if we're chasing a game.

• Like 1

Grew into the game and did really well I thought.

He's but a young lad lest we forget and, when he first arrived we were in dire straights with a poor manager, hardly got any protection from Barnes, moved countries to allegedly find some of his teammates in a clique due to their mate Thomas and therefore probably not the most welcoming atmosphere. 

He did always look determined and hardworking however and would come out at half time and put himself through his paces like some of the opposition players did but our other idle lot didn't. Had a really good season with Bologna and has the ability to kick on imo. I sincerely wish him well as he clearly has some determination and a bit of steel about him.

• Like 3

Absolutely buzzing for the lad. Proved a lot of people wrong last night.

He isn’t Roberto Carlos, but nowhere near the terrible player people make him out to be. We could do a lot worse, and have done in the past, than have him at left back.

As did most of the team, he did very well last night.

Still would like us to bring in another left back though.

7 hours ago, gurru991 said:

He hasn't been crap since he signed & if you can't see that it's because you have some strange agenda about this young man. Nobody is talking about him becoming a great player but we all can recognize that he has the tools to become a very good player.

Are you still bitter because he didn't want to play Maresca ball ??

If Cooper starts him that means he works hard & listens on the training ground.

I have to disagree. Why then did'nt he nail down a place after we signed him for big money. We already have too many good players who can't get in the Team.

What we need is better players, Do you think he's better than Ricardo or JJ. who had a good game against a much better forward in Son last night.

Even last night he was bailed out a couple of times by others. He even headed the ball into touch when all he had to do was let it go out handing possession back to Spurs.

I hope you're right and he does listen because that's the only way he'll learn. What he does have is the physic to be a player, something we've lacked for a while.

I hate to see young players waste their big opportunity in life because that Window closes quickly.

As for Maresca he's possibly the best Coach I've ever seen, Even the players thought so.

We're playing a team with strong, pacey, tricky wingers on Saturday.... I look forward to reading this thread on Sunday lol 

Edited by AjcW
  • Haha 1

He works hard and is physically strong. Not 100% sold on him as a modern full back as apart from that cross which ultimately led to Vardy's goal he didn't show much going forward. But as a backs to the wall defender he can play a role this season.

3 minutes ago, izzymuzzet said:

He works hard and is physically strong. Not 100% sold on him as a modern full back as apart from that cross which ultimately led to Vardy's goal he didn't show much going forward. But as a backs to the wall defender he can play a role this season.

He did the same exact cross which led to a winner in one of Dean Smith's few victories. It's in the locker, it's just quite clear to me we are going to sacrifice overlapping full-backs this season a lot. 

• Like 1

He does the basics well.  He's also physically quite strong which is important for us as last night in many positions around the pitch we didn't seem to cope too well with them man for man, especially in the first half.  Need him on the pitch for his presence.  Hopefully, Skipp will add to this too.  Although we need to find the right balance between digging in when required and showing some attacking intent.

2 hours ago, Finn Claw II said:

Personally I’d rather play Justin on the left and Ricardo right but fairly happy with the 3 of them getting game time.

Clearly has an engine which will be important this season. 

JJ at LB is a myth to me.

He looks so uncomfortable there, got caught under the ball and broke down any quick break as wanted to always get the ball onto his right foot.