Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mike1983

Vestergaard

I'm hoping this begins to make more sense in time, but the way the club have been with contracts lately I'm a bit concerned.

We could have him stinking out the place for 3 years with zero interest, or we could actually make some money on him this time next year..

You have ffp hanging over you, you have an ageing centre back on your books who has had one decent season; taking a decent wage too. You either release him or offer a 1 year take it or leave it deal… not offer 3 years! What is this.

It seems mad to me, I hope it is on reduced wages at least. 

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Old Fox said:

Let’s overreact ……🫣 club is only where we are because of those at the top ………….not going bankrupt whilst they are here ….i wish fans would realise how lucky we are 

The financial hole is getting larger by the minute. But keep burying your head in the King Power sand. They will pull the plug.

Edited by Vestan Pance

Was fearing this. I am a Dane and I have never been fond of him. Hopefully he is on some proper reduced wages, but with this club you can't be sure.

He is a great passer of the ball, when he has time, but this is the Premier League, the fastest league in the world. His defending has always been a tad dodgy. Yeah not a fan of this extension.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, studentofthegame said:

I just don't understand how 3 years even makes it into the discussion, the second his agent suggested anything longer than 1 year security should have been called to remove him from the premises

Vesty must have nudes of our leadership

Edited by Jattdogg
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Well at least the club's still capable of levels of incompetence that leave me gobsmacked, that's got to be a good sign.

Edited by Mark_w
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Mental decision on the length of his deal. We've learnt nothing.

A hideous decision and before someone comes in with FFP rationale….the board best be sure someone comes in for Coady/Souttar or having 4 CB’s in Faes, Vesty, Coady, Souttar all with zero pace is a criminal offence.

Edited by SafewayFox
  • Like 1

He's not a defender that relies on his pace and I think they're conscious of the face we spent so much on him. He turned things around last season so he can have a good couple of years.

I'm looking at this glass half full admittedly. 

12 minutes ago, Vestan Pance said:

The financial hole is getting larger by the minute. But keep burying your head in the King Power sand. They will pull the plug.

Based upon what ? Where is your basis for such a comment ? You’re talking absolute drivel……..

KP run a successful global business and whilst I can understand 3 years is one year too many - we do not know the terms of YV deal ..we would need to replace him if he left - find an international defender, who you can guarantee will settle for say £10m which is a 3 year deal at £65-70k per week………….

1 minute ago, Old Fox said:

Based upon what ? Where is your basis for such a comment ? You’re talking absolute drivel……..

KP run a successful global business and whilst I can understand 3 years is one year too many - we do not know the terms of YV deal ..we would need to replace him if he left - find an international defender, who you can guarantee will settle for say £10m which is a 3 year deal at £65-70k per week………….

Would we though?

Coady, Faes, Souttar and Nelson are already here.

We need a CB who isn’t running in treacle and had an opportunity to let one of our high earners leave.

It seems such a knee jerk decision to me considering we won’t have 60% possession and will have our defenders running back to goal….not a skill set you’d ever consider Jannik for.